Guest Trevski

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mark Holmes

I was at the movies tonight and saw that it came out December 5th over here in the USA.

So many incredible singers in the world and they picked Beyonce WTF is that all about. Queen Latifah would have tore that role up..has anyone ever heard her jazz standards album . Dana Owens...phenomenal

Social source share

I was at the movies tonight and saw that it came out December 5th over here in the USA.

So many incredible singers in the world and they picked Beyonce WTF is that all about. Queen Latifah would have tore that role up..has anyone ever heard her jazz standards album . Dana Owens...phenomenal

Beyonce was allegedly chosen for the role , after consultation with Etta James from the ones auditioning for the role , as she ( EJ ) felt that she had many comparisions with herself in her early days as a singer ........

I am in agreement that there are far better singers that Beyonce . and my personal thoughts is that she got the part , because no one would say no to her " agents " - if you know what I mean :P ..........

As for the Dana Owens album , what can I say ? There is not a bad track amongst the whole album , but the three that " do it " for me are " Moody's Mood for Love " , " Hard Times " and " Lush Life " , with " HT " just coming out on top :lol: .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Just to say, enjoyed the film, not as much as Dreamgirls but I think I was on my own there, the main characters Muddy Waters and Leonard Chess were excellently played, but the guy playing Howling Wolf stole the show. There were some silly historical accuracies e.g. footage on a tv set supposedly in 1964 shows a 1956 Elvis playing at the Louisiana Hayride but with a versioin of My Babe from the late 60's dubbed on top...and I also ended up fast forwarding a couple of Beyonce/Etta James numbers. So it felt more like a long tv movie to me but they certainly captured the feel of the period and I think you'll probably all enjo it.

And why not..

Social source share

Guest familytree

Just to say, enjoyed the film, not as much as Dreamgirls but I think I was on my own there, the main characters Muddy Waters and Leonard Chess were excellently played, but the guy playing Howling Wolf stole the show. There were some silly historical accuracies e.g. footage on a tv set supposedly in 1964 shows a 1956 Elvis playing at the Louisiana Hayride but with a versioin of My Babe from the late 60's dubbed on top...and I also ended up fast forwarding a couple of Beyonce/Etta James numbers. So it felt more like a long tv movie to me but they certainly captured the feel of the period and I think you'll probably all enjo it.

And why not..

Can i buy it anywhere for someones xmas pressy???... im struggling what to put in someones stocking besides 'rare record guide 2010! Love peoples knowledge on these things... you should be hired as advisors truly.

Social source share

Can i buy it anywhere for someones xmas pressy???... im struggling what to put in someones stocking besides 'rare record guide 2010! Love peoples knowledge on these things... you should be hired as advisors truly.

I'd love to be able to help you but I'd get in too much trouble!

Social source share

Guest grahamt

How could Bouncy Knowles ever pass as Etta James?

I shudder to think how bad this film could be.

if u look at the opening credit,s you,ll see that "Bouncy knowles" is actually producer of the film so not hard to see how she got (gave herself) the Etta James role :wicked:rolleyes.gif:sleep3:

Social source share

Guest grahamt

if u look at the opening credit,s you,ll see that "Bouncy knowles" is actually producer of the film so not hard to see how she got (gave herself) the Etta James role :wicked:rolleyes.gif:sleep3:

infact it,s "executive producer"....g

Social source share

Executive producer means that she paid for it, doesn't it?

I think the young peroxide Etta James was quite tasty, in a feisty sort of way.

Bouncy is a huge talent too. I just don't like her material. Put her in Willie Mitchell's hands (or mine) I say...

Edited by macca
Social source share

Guest familytree

I'd love to be able to help you but I'd get in too much trouble!

No worries Pete... dont wantcha getting into trouble ... i will buy ANOTHER music book! ha x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert