Is It Just Me

Guest Bearsy

does anyone else enjoy just watching djs play a set and i dont mean looking at their records to see if they are cosha but watching them just choosing tunes and cueing up etc etc

me i prefer a dj that plays with a passion and enjoys what they are doing or at least look like they are enjoying themselves :thumbup:

the djs that just stand or even sit there with arms folded etc or back to the floor without even a trace of a smile i for the life of me dont know why the dj in the first place :(

each to their own i guess but none the less i do enjoy watching a dj at work :(

anyone else like me :D

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

does anyone else enjoy just watching djs play a set and i dont mean looking at their records to see if they are cosha but watching them just choosing tunes and cueing up etc etc

me i prefer a dj that plays with a passion and enjoys what they are doing or at least look like they are enjoying themselves :thumbup:

the djs that just stand or even sit there with arms folded etc or back to the floor without even a trace of a smile i for the life of me dont know why the dj in the first place :(

each to their own i guess but none the less i do enjoy watching a dj at work :thumbup:

No I totally agree with you ...............AGAIN......god this is worrying :(

QoFxx

Social source share

Guest Brett F

each to their own i guess but none the less i do enjoy watching a dj at work :(

WHAT.........????????????? WHY NOT JUST LISTEN TO THE TUNES THEN DANCE TO THE ONES YOU LIKE............JESUS IT'S LIKE COME DANCING THE WAY YOU EXPLAIN IT........

Social source share

WHAT.........????????????? WHY NOT JUST LISTEN TO THE TUNES THEN DANCE TO THE ONES YOU LIKE............JESUS IT'S LIKE COME DANCING THE WAY YOU EXPLAIN IT........

i do listen and i do dance but i also like to watch a dj so cant someone appreciate a dj at work whilst choosing the next gem to hit the decks :(

its not like a just sit and stare all bloody night i do go out for a fag every now and then :D

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I like to watch the DJ and i like to watch the dancers. I don't think it's fair to expect all DJs to be Mr bloody Bojangles though. :( I'd rather hear a decent set than watch a maniac behind the decks making balloon animals between spins to entertain the dancers. :D

We all have different personalities, although i do agree that standing behind the decks arms folded does look bad.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

We all have different personalities, although arms folded does look bad.

Never understand that...at the end of the day as a DJ you have bought those records yourself...so in your own eyes...everyone should be a winner...so how A DJ can NOT express his love of the records he plays...even if it's a smile and nodding of the head...is beyond me :D

Besides...I genuinely believe if you are enthusiastic then it tends to rub off on the punters

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Russell Brown is the best DJ I've seen for getting stuck in behind the decks....

Nothing to do with the thread but nice to see someone giving Bettie Page a nod....RIP :D

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

I like to watch the DJ and i like to watch the dancers. I don't think it's fair to expect all DJs to be Mr bloody Bojangles though. :( I'd rather hear a decent set than watch a maniac behind the decks making balloon animals between spins to entertain the dancers. :D

We all have different personalities, although i do agree that standing behind the decks arms folded does look bad.

must admit Matt that you do make a brilliant balloon elephant while djn :(

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I'd rather hear a decent set than watch a maniac behind the decks making balloon animals between spins to entertain the dancers. :D

Bugger - I'd been perfecting that sausage dog for months :(

Social source share

me i prefer a dj that plays with a passion and enjoys what they are doing or at least look like they are enjoying themselves :D

the djs that just stand or even sit there with arms folded etc or back to the floor without even a trace of a smile i for the life of me dont know why the dj in the first place :thumbup:

each to their own i guess but none the less i do enjoy watching a dj at work :D

anyone else like me :(

I normally give it welly with everything thrown in, you won't catch me standing still behind the decks :D

Lenny

And as you both know, me I always stand there not paying any interest to the music :( yeah right :yes: I think it was Steve G, or someone else at a Blue Skies night, that said I do a good impression of a demented duck :thumbup:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Social source share

me i prefer a dj that plays with a passion and enjoys what they are doing or at least look like they are enjoying themselves :D

the djs that just stand or even sit there with arms folded etc or back to the floor without even a trace of a smile i for the life of me dont know why the dj in the first place :huh:

each to their own i guess but none the less i do enjoy watching a dj at work :yes:

anyone else like me :yes:

2 words: SEAN CHAPMAN! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Social source share

love to watch the jocks at work,sam with the imaginary buttons and sliders smile.gif but the best ones are the jocks giving it the bigun when they have just cleared the floor trying to make out its the best thing since sliced bread bless em,hate it when i see and hear a jock with no spiel or passion

Social source share

Guest Brett F

i do listen and i do dance but i also like to watch a dj so cant someone appreciate a dj at work whilst choosing the next gem to hit the decks :yes:

its not like a just sit and stare all bloody night i do go out for a fag every now and then laugh.gif

laugh.gif:yes: ...good repost............when ever i dj i generally run onto the floor and hit the first loser clean on the chin, then run back behind the decks................ :huh:

Brett

Social source share

2 words: SEAN CHAPMAN! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

So true, Sean Chapman and also Warren Boogaloo are a joy to watch as they're just so into it. There are also a couple of DJs who shall remain nameless that I rather fancy and I'd happily pay to watch them stand there with their arms folded not even putting any records on. But then I think I've probably spent too long indoors with three under-fives... :yes:

Edited by theresa
Social source share

me i prefer a dj that plays with a passion and enjoys what they are doing or at least look like they are enjoying themselves :huh:

the djs that just stand or even sit there with arms folded etc or back to the floor without even a trace of a smile i for the life of me dont know why the dj in the first place huh.gif

each to their own i guess but none the less i do enjoy watching a dj at work :yes:

anyone else like me hypo.gif

twat

(dave on steves pc)

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Guy Hennigan because he is as cool as f**k , Chris King love him or hate him , real pro,

I can remember Keith Minshull doing his spot sitting on a chair at Stafford !

Keb Darge was so aggressive

Social source share

when i dj i try and work with the crowd i dont think i have ever stood with my arms folded i love to see the floor full and yes i dance behind the deck although i have herd some punter say its wrong to see a dj dance behind the deck i dont know why that is but hey ho even havin a bit of banter on the mic i was told i should not do that but im there to entertain and if that means i enjoy my spot then im up for it but who am i to say i just love to entertain im not into boring nights dj sorry and if they dont like then once again im sorry

Social source share

Guest kev such

Worse one is when a DJ puts a tune on and stands back with their hands in their pockets staring into space for the tunes duration. I tend to dance more when im djing, if the stage area is big enough. When we did the last Cracker, Smiggy put his last tune on and left the stage (i was on after him) and went and had a dance BRILLIANT.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Yeah Joan is great behind the decks

What about Jo Wallace ...another top bird and great on the mike too

And then there's the Testicle Twins........ :(

Social source share

:(:lol: ...good repost............when ever i dj i generally run onto the floor and hit the first loser clean on the chin, then run back behind the decks................ :lol:

Brett

:no: quality :no:

Social source share

If anyone had the pleasure of watching the late great DERECK HALLAM behind the decks would know what this thread is about. I didn't like what he played but loved watching him put is all in every second of his sets.

John :lol::no:

I take it you mean derek Allen :( One of the best ive seen behind the decks God Bless Him :lol:

Social source share

me i prefer a dj that plays with a passion and enjoys what they are doing or at least look like they are enjoying themselves :no:

the djs that just stand or even sit there with arms folded etc or back to the floor without even a trace of a smile i for the life of me dont know why the dj in the first place :lol:

each to their own i guess but none the less i do enjoy watching a dj at work :lol:

anyone else like me :(

Hello whiteflatcap .man here

dj's should play records , and enjoy what they are playing,and even sing along to the tunes they are spinning, but i know what you mean, some dj's do it for money, and it's to much trouble to play a request, and if they play something that clears the floor. do they fade it out NO.they like it ,so blow everyone else, I Dj and will be on at the crecsent in york in Jan 17th , i envite you to watch me . i love the music and am passionate about the scene and thats what other dj.s should be like also.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert