Some Rare Bits Up For Offers

Mike B

Right folks, for a variety of reasons I have decided to start selling off some of my collection. This is not a woolies everything must go sale and I am happy waiting for the right offer on certain records or will ebay them.... please don't ask how much do you want for ....thats why they are up for offers! some of these come up so rarely that I really cant put a price on them... Sorry NO trades... All sales are in pounds and I will take cash, bank transfers or paypal if you are happy paying their fees....for the more expensive records I would prefer to pass them over in person or via a reputable courier such as DHL / Fedex or Registered post.

Grading is conservative - even the records described as VG will play better with no skips or serious noise - I will try and put scans of the labels up over the weekend.

As there may be a bit of interest in some of these, then unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse I will let it run until Sunday 21st December PM. Offers by PM please...There will be some set sale stuff too over the next few weeks. I won't disclose who has bought what or how much it has finally gone for because it is their decision if they want people to know...I will update the bids every couple of days from this Saturday... sensible offers only please because I don't have a lot of time to spend replying to PM's ...

1. Jimmy Burns - I really Love You - Erica - Ex+ some light surface marks. Bear in mind a M- copy sold for nearly 5500 this year minimum offer 3500
  2. Larry Clinton - She's Wanted - Dynamo demo - VG++ Some writing on the label saying 'great radio soul' - How right they were! seem to think this went for over 3K or was it more ? on ebay this year.. minimum offer 2200
  3. Jackie Day - Naughty Boy - Phelectron - M- minimum offer 1000
  4. Gene Toones - What More Do You Want - Simco demo - Ex+ vinyl but two X's and a date on label minimum offer 1000
  5. Lillie Bryant - Meet Me Halfway - Tay-Ster DJ - Damp spot marks on the label, vinyl is Ex minimum offer 750
  6. Vivian Carol - Oh Yeah yeah yeah - Merben - Clean labels but will call it VG+ on the vinyl due to marks, plays fine minimum offer 400
  7. Hayes Cotton - Black Wings Have My Angel - Resist mint minus minimum offer 1200
  8. Little Tommy - Baby Can't You See - Sound Of Soul - Ex small and I mean small piece of label scuffed off on flip side minimum offer 800
  9. Doni Burdick - Bari Track - Sound Impression - Mint minus minimum offer 500
  10. Mel Britt - She'll Come Running Back - FIP VG+, plays fine, clean labels - some fella called 'A Fenn' scratched his name in the run out over 20 odd years ago smile.gif minimum offer 600
Anyway that will do for starters, I haven't got the time to cope with selling lots at once...others for the future include the Imperial C's, Servicemen on wind hit, Cecil Washington and the Group on Prophonics, Soul Set on Bi-me,Miki Farrow on Karate and stacks more....

Cheers

Mike B

Edited by Mike B
Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Right folks, for a variety of reasons I have decided to start selling off some of my collection. This is not a woolies everything must go sale and I am happy waiting for the right offer on certain records or will ebay them.... please don't ask how much do you want for ....thats why they are up for offers! some of these come up so rarely that I really cant put a price on them... Sorry NO trades... All sales are in pounds and I will take cash, bank transfers or paypal if you are happy paying their fees....for the more expensive records I would prefer to pass them over in person or via a reputable courier such as DHL / Fedex or Registered post.

Grading is conservative - even the records described as VG will play better with no skips or serious noise - I will try and put scans of the labels up over the weekend.

As there may be a bit of interest in some of these, then unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse I will let it run until Sunday 21st December PM. Offers by PM please...There will be some set sale stuff too over the next few weeks. I won't disclose who has bought what or how much it has finally gone for because it is their decision if they want people to know...I will update the bids every couple of days from this Saturday... sensible offers only please because I don't have a lot of time to spend replying to PM's ...

1. Jimmy Burns - I really Love You - Erica - Ex+ some light surface marks. Bear in mind a M- copy sold for nearly 5500 this year minimum offer 3500
  2. Larry Clinton - She's Wanted - Dynamo demo - VG++ Some writing on the label saying 'great radio soul' - How right they were! seem to think this went for over 3K or was it more ? on ebay this year.. minimum offer 2200
  3. Jackie Day - Naughty Boy - Phelectron - M- minimum offer 1000
  4. Gene Toones - What More Do You Want - Simco demo - Ex+ vinyl but two X's and a date on label minimum offer 1000
  5. Lillie Bryant - Meet Me Halfway - Tay-Ster DJ - Damp spot marks on the label, vinyl is Ex minimum offer 750
  6. Vivian Carol - Oh Yeah yeah yeah - Merben - Clean labels but will call it VG+ on the vinyl due to marks, plays fine minimum offer 400
  7. Hayes Cotton - Black Wings Have My Angel - Resist mint minus minimum offer 1200
  8. Little Tommy - Baby Can't You See - Sound Of Soul - Ex small and I mean small piece of label scuffed off on flip side minimum offer 800
  9. Doni Burdick - Bari Track - Sound Impression - Mint minus minimum offer 500
  10. Mel Britt - She'll Come Running Back - FIP VG+, plays fine, clean labels - some fella called 'A Fenn' scratched his name in the run out over 20 odd years ago :) minimum offer 600
Anyway that will do for starters, I haven't got the time to cope with selling lots at once...others for the future include the Imperial C's, Servicemen on wind hit, Cecil Washington and the Group on Prophonics, Soul Set on Bi-me,Miki Farrow on Karate and stacks more....

Cheers

Mike B

Blimey - Cecil Washington and the Group on Prophonics, -I can't wait for that.

Truly, truly magnificent. I will get my wife's car up for sale asap. :)

Social source share

Truly, truly magnificent. I will get my wife's car up for sale asap. :D

To hell with the car, I'm seriously thinking of selling my wife on ebay to raise the funds for Hayes Cotton....then I'll just need to find the other £1199 :):)

Social source share

Hayes Cotton what a tune . Any one want to buy a kidney !!!! rolleyes.gif

:yes::huh: Only if it comes with steak and some chips but yes Matt, agreed,tuuuuuuuune! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Delasoul
Social source share

Ok scans as promised - scanner didn't like the mix of graphics / text on Bari track hence no scan and hayes cotton not as good as the original. Many of the marks that appear on the scans are magnified and not as noticeable. Any questions ask away....

Latest offers are:

Lillie Bryant 1050

Little Tommy 900

Mel Britt 600

Vivian Carroll 400

Gene Toones 1000

Hayes Cotton 1200

Ends 6pm Sunday 21st

Cheers

Mike

Social source share

Latest offers are:

Lillie Bryant 1050

Little Tommy 900

Mel Britt SOLD for an offer I couldnt refuse

Vivian Carroll SOLD

Gene Toones 1000

Hayes Cotton SOLD

Ends 6pm Sunday 21st

Cheers

Mike

So for all those who wanted to wait till the last minute to put the highest bid in it was a waste of time!

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert