There's That Beat! Issue 9

jazzyjas

Hello Soul Sourcers,

Just checking in to follow up on our late November mailings of There's That Beat! issue #9. We mailed it out to the subscribers and some of our usual suppliers toward the end of November.

Did your mags drop yet? Would love to hear some feedback from readers of the magazine. Let us know what you think of the latest issue.

If you haven't picked one up yet, feel free to drop by our site:

www.theresthatbeat.com

To all Soul Sourcers and Soul fans everywhere, we hope you enjoy it!

All the best,

Jason

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello Soul Sourcers,

Just checking in to follow up on our late November mailings of There's That Beat! issue #9. We mailed it out to the subscribers and some of our usual suppliers toward the end of November.

Did your mags drop yet? Would love to hear some feedback from readers of the magazine. Let us know what you think of the latest issue.

If you haven't picked one up yet, feel free to drop by our site:

www.theresthatbeat.com

To all Soul Sourcers and Soul fans everywhere, we hope you enjoy it!

All the best,

Jason

:lol: Arrived over a week ago.....just coming down on the scent of it :lol: Anyone else love the smell of them ?

Usual top quality :)

In particular I thought the 'Remembrance' opening by Dave was really well done :lol: I would imagine the two sad late editions to it would have meant re-hashing the whole piece, & put pressure on you to get it to the printers in time ?

Well done Dave, I thought you did a grand job & succeeded in affording them all the respect & gratitude their talent deserved :lol:

Social source share

Hi Jason, Dave (and don't forget Beverly)

I got it last week and it is all times a great moment to go through. A lot of work for you and a lot of pleasure for us.

When you are "in or through" you forget everything and you are in the 60's and let you go to the music!

Guys it is really great!!

Jason I am in the area of Fort lauderdale (to be defined) 1st or 2nd week of January;

Cheeers

Bruno

Social source share

Tis true that we had to revamp this Issue due to the loss of the four Elder Statesmen of Detroit. Feel it was more than necessary though. Thanks for the kind comments. Still a few back issues but Issues #1 to #4 are now SOLD OUT. To order or subscribe click here THERE'STHATBEAT!For a further peek inside this issue......

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

Top Magazine, got my copy last week too.

Quality from Cover to Cover. A collectable in it's own right.

Quality yet again.

Picked mine up Jason. Always read it from cover to cover in one go. Lots to take in...But wouldn't want to miss anything.

Being a fan of Al Johnson I was suprised to learn he'd been the lead for The Uniques......and Wouldn't it be Something if Ady C could persuade Lou Johnson over to these parts. Full House at 100club me thinks!

Keep up the good work. :D

Many Thanks

Kev

Social source share

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! Interviewing Al Johnson and Tom Fauntleroy form the Unifics was a distinct thrill for me as I've been a fan for some years now. Back For More and Peaceful are two amazing albums and the Seville and Tavasco singles are pure genius. It also made me realize how overlooked the Unifics truly are. Don't sleep on these guys because their catalog is great!

Another big mailing of magazines went out today and lots of them are headed straight for the United Kingdom!

Enjoy the mags, Soul Sourcers!

-Jason

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! Interviewing Al Johnson and Tom Fauntleroy form the Unifics was a distinct thrill for me as I've been a fan for some years now. Back For More and Peaceful are two amazing albums and the Seville and Tavasco singles are pure genius. It also made me realize how overlooked the Unifics truly are. Don't sleep on these guys because their catalog is great!

Another big mailing of magazines went out today and lots of them are headed straight for the United Kingdom!

Enjoy the mags, Soul Sourcers!

-Jason

I'm a late starter with "there's that beat" only ordered it last week so still waiting for it to drop though the door will be ordering back issues very soon well the ones in stock that is :unsure:

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert