Dj Playlists

Guest Leigh J

Playlist - Pechakucha - 26/03/09 - Samoan Fale - K'Rd - Auckland, New Zealand

DJs Netti Page & Kris Holmes

Eddie Bo - Hook & Sling (Scram)

The Meters - Chicken Strut (Josie)

Maurice & Mac - You Left The Water Running (Checker)

Marie Knight - Cry Me A River (Musicor)

Little Milton - Grits Ain't Groceries (Checker)

Betty Everett - Hands Off (Stateside)

Laura Lee - It's How You Make It Good (Chess)

The Esquires - Get On Up (Bunky)

Betty LaVette - He Made A Woman Out Of Me (Silver Fox)

Donnie Elbert - This Feeling Of Losing You (All Platinum)

Clarence Reid - Nobody But You Babe (Alston)

The Dynamics - Funkey Key (Black Gold)

Otis & Carla - Knock On Wood (Stax)

Young Disciples & Co. - Bang Bang Bang (Gateway)

Mighty Sam - Good Humor Man (Amy)

The Drifters - Sweets For My Sweet (London)

Joe Simon - The Whoo Pee (Vee Jay)

Shirley Ellis - Soul Time (CBS)

Marlena Shaw - Mercy Mercy Mercy (Cadet)

Allison Durbin - Games People Play (HMV)

Shack - It's Good To Be Careful (Volt)

Nate Evans - Main Squeeze (Twinight)

Ann Sexton - It's All Over But The Shouting (Seventy 7)

The Ethics - Look At Me Now (Vent)

Mike Williams - If This Isn't Love (Atlantic)

Fantastic Four - Don't Care Why You Want Me (Soul)

Ted Taylor - Going In The Hole (Ronn)

Patti Drew - Without A Doubt (Capitol)

Social source share

• Replies 105
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

of course you're right joan (mostly,own tunes ect lol).thing is i've been at a venue in your area shall we say :lol: heard some great unknown.underplayed stuff......then low and behold 6 months later dj's who have never attended the said venues are all of a sudden playing the very same tunes....it smacks of just buying em to play wheres the passion in that......liberation street runners being a prime example. atb tezza

Same happened to me when I played APACHES to Soul Sam when I was at JMs house last year. Had been playing it out for a year before that. Went to last lifeline and Sams just got it, saying its the next big thing! Like its a new discovery.. :D Thats the soul scene for you. I heard it off Callum in Australia and he heard it from, blah, blah, blah. we have ALL heard it from someone! :lol: way of the world isn't it. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Same happened to me when I played APACHES to Soul Sam when I was at JMs house last year. Had been playing it out for a year before that. Went to last lifeline and Sams just got it, saying its the next big thing! Like its a new discovery.. :D Thats the soul scene for you. I heard it off Callum in Australia and he heard it from, blah, blah, blah. we have ALL heard it from someone! :lol: way of the world isn't it. :rolleyes:

The better version is the Earl English on Six Toe, not sure Sam's heard that?

Hat's off to Sam for giving The Apaches a spin though (I wonder if he'll play it at Soul Revolution in Chelmsford next weekend?), would be nice to see him get the Earl English, it's so much better, but will be hard to get out of the funk guys. Deepfunk classic, innit. We were hammering it 2001/2002ish. I sold my copy to Herman The German for £2500 in 2002. That was a record at the time for a funk 45, I think. Not too many have surfaced since then...

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

The better version is the Earl English on Six Toe, not sure Sam's heard that?

Hat's off to Sam for giving The Apaches a spin though (I wonder if he'll play it at Soul Revolution in Chelmsford next weekend?), would be nice to see him get the Earl English, it's so much better, but will be hard to get out of the funk guys. Deepfunk classic, innit. We were hammering it 2001/2002ish. I sold my copy to Herman The German for £2500 in 2002. That was a record at the time for a funk 45, I think. Not too many have surfaced since then...

Been 3 or 4 copies of English in last month for sale...One just last week £750. apaches never comes up and is the rawer cut. I likes them both! £2500! Fucking hell...got £400 for mine.ha! I personally think APACHES is rarer..Sam deffo hasnt heard Earls version..

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Been 3 or 4 copies of English in last month for sale...One just last week £750. apaches never comes up and is the rawer cut. I likes them both! £2500! Fucking hell...got £400 for mine.ha! I personally think APACHES is rarer..Sam deffo hasnt heard Earls version..

£750 is probably about right these days, I'd say. But who knows, funk prices tend to swing about a bit...

I don't think it matters which is rarer, Apaches is over shadowed by Earl English :)

IMO

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert