Dj Playlists

Guest Leigh J

I like to read playlists, I'm always suspicious of those events that don't post up playlists. On the rare occasions I've posted mine up, I've listed demos if played. I don't have to justify to anyone why I do it, I just do. I will admit to reading a playlist and then maybe trying to listen to some of it on here or other sites (God forbid if I should buy any of it). Perhaps we should stop magazines printing articles with recommendations for records & Cd's, in fact let us ban anything that may lead us to discovering any kind of record/song that we would never hear of otherwise. :(

agree Super :D

Social source share

• Replies 105
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hayup Bearsy , bang them up and bollox to the moaners

I used to Mak but after one twat had a dig i told him to fook off and get a life and he took it personally and even put a threat my way which was fooking hilarious cos when i finally met him i never seen anyone grovel and dig a hole so quick :thumbup:

thing is i buy records for me and i never ask to dj but occasionally get asked to dj and when i do i play what i love i want other soulies im djing too to enjoy my taste in our music and not be a bloody jukebox for the duffy brigade :D if you dont like my style dont ask me to dj simple really and ok Mak next time i dj i will post up a play list which is sometime next year i think :(:thumbup:

i also must admit i love the lookbacks section :(

Social source share

thing is i buy records for me and i never ask to dj but occasionally get asked to dj and when i do i play what i love i want other soulies im djing too to enjoy my taste in our music and not be a bloody jukebox for the duffy brigade :D if you dont like my style dont ask me to dj simple really

Well said young Mr Bear totally concur with that. I can't afford to have a huge expensive collection so I made a concious decision to collect a certain genre (rather than re-issues and boots as I am a bit of an OVO purist) and if you don't like it don't ask :thumbup: .Only buy for myself and love it when I share it and other people and they enjoy it but I enjoy it just as much when I am sitting on the floor of my front room at 3am playing it to myself or any captive audience I may happen to have available oh and the neighbours :( .

But I have to admit I do love reading playlists from proper djs makes me envious in a nice way, a bit like watching Top Gear when you are driving ten year old astr :(

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Social source share

There are many points of view on this, I usually post a play list if asked.

I don't worry about anyone thinking I am playing boots as everyone who knows me know that I don't, I don't worry about people knicking stuff from my set cos no one else would play half the stuff I play :( and the times people have asked me about stuff I have played I am more than pleased to share it with them and gives me some sort of pride.

I love reading other peoples play lists cos to me it's all part of the education but not to copy what other people are playing. My favourite way of finding stuff is spending hours trolling ebay and sales list etc listening to clips of stuff that I don't know and to me if you aren't prepared to do this you shouldn't be DJing.

I think you can tell a lot about a venue by previous guest DJs and playlist

QoFxx

I agree with your first point, it's kinda good when your taste in music is met with approval.

Just last week doing early doors at Heywood, I played a tune that I'd not played out for a while, and a lad, who I know goes out a least twice a week, came up and said "what was that? it was great"

tune in question-

I think you got your fools mixed up- Brenton Wood.

Value? a fiver?

On your second point,I guess we're fairly lucky in Manchester wher there are a coupla shops where you can go and trawl the boxes and have a listen, n pick up anything .that turns your ear

Point 3. Definately

ATB

Tony

Social source share

I would like to see more DJ playlists on SS , Its good to see who is playing what and where .

A good argument for playlists is this E Mail I have received from A guy in the States. See thread on the MAJESTICS. However, i have limited the amount and when I put them onto my web$site, etc.

I noticed you guys play this song and have it on a few play lists. The Majestics was my Dad''s band, Art Robles who also wrote and sang the song. It is amazing to me that it is being played today in places all the way over in England. I just wanted to say hello adn hope you continue playing his song whic h he wrote about my Mom. If you have any video o fmy Dad''s song being played in a venue I woudl love to be able to see it on line somehow. Perhaps on YouTube or some other site. Please let me know if there is something out there like this as the rest of my family woudl love to see it too I am sure.

>

> Thanks again and God bless you!

>

> Russ Robles

Edited by Mike E
Social source share

We always try our best to post our playlists in the forum, l find it very beneficial whatever the comments may be, on the whole we have had very positive remarks,with just a few negatives. That is only to be expected due to various soulful musical tastes and it does'nt put me off , so if you want to check out our latest playlist please visit my blog.

We actually dj'ed at Bishops Wood lastnight and have already posted our playlist in events look backs and also in Sandi's blog.

Sandi & Harpo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

A good argument for playlists is this E Mail I have received from A guy in the States. See thread on the MAJESTICS. However, i have limited the amount and when I put them onto my web$site, etc.

I noticed you guys play this song and have it on a few play lists. The Majestics was my Dad''s band, Art Robles who also wrote and sang the song. It is amazing to me that it is being played today in places all the way over in England. I just wanted to say hello adn hope you continue playing his song whic h he wrote about my Mom. If you have any video o fmy Dad''s song being played in a venue I woudl love to be able to see it on line somehow. Perhaps on YouTube or some other site. Please let me know if there is something out there like this as the rest of my family woudl love to see it too I am sure.

>

>

> Russ Robles

Ooooh, with your permission I'd like to post this in it's own thread....this is PRICELESS.... :P

Social source share

>

>

> Russ Robles

I get a buzz when an artist or relative of one contacts me.

Most recently, I had an email from a guy in the Royal VII due to our website playlists (not my record). Also, Sammy Campbell's son contacted me from my You-tube video of the Dell-Larks when here. Plus a guy on another list who seemed to know a lot about a group I loved a record by, turned out to be the son of a member of that group and his mum was in a related female group too (he wrote to me privately, so not sure if he wants names mentioned).

It's wonderful to be able to say thanks, plus ask some questions from those who know.

I ask every guest dj who plays at our club for a playlist for our website and nearly all were happy to oblige:

Most importantly, playlists ----> give the soul music a central focus,

allows others to get a feel of what type of soul to expect (if they are considering attending), and

allows those who are too shy to go up on stage and ask what a record is, to find out what made them feel something special.

It's no wonder that a collectors scene has a higher ratio of people able to play records. Must admit that playlists have attracted and detracted me from venues, but I really appreciate them either way - for their simple honesty.

(Shame about all the written slagging here sometimes regarding playlists, but that seems to generally be a UK boy thing, so perhaps I just don't get it :wicked: .)

m

Social source share

I get a buzz when an artist or relative of one contacts me.

Most recently, I had an email from a guy in the Royal VII due to our website playlists (not my record). Also, Sammy Campbell's son contacted me from my You-tube video of the Dell-Larks when here. Plus a guy on another list who seemed to know a lot about a group I loved a record by, turned out to be the son of a member of that group and his mum was in a related female group too (he wrote to me privately, so not sure if he wants names mentioned).

It's wonderful to be able to say thanks, plus ask some questions from those who know.

I ask every guest dj who plays at our club for a playlist for our website and nearly all were happy to oblige:

Most importantly, playlists ----> give the soul music a central focus,

allows others to get a feel of what type of soul to expect (if they are considering attending), and

allows those who are too shy to go up on stage and ask what a record is, to find out what made them feel something special.

It's no wonder that a collectors scene has a higher ratio of people able to play records. Must admit that playlists have attracted and detracted me from venues, but I really appreciate them either way - for their simple honesty.

(Shame about all the written slagging here sometimes regarding playlists, but that seems to generally be a UK boy thing, so perhaps I just don't get it biggrin.gif .)

m

I agree with everything written here,i can also understand why the likes of Butch etc dont do them,its about personnel choice,my view is simple share the knowledge gained ,ive posted over 3000 sounds out of my collection now in refosoul and have at least another 3000 to go excluding lots of gospel etc,the return ive had is nearly 90.000 hits on the threads,this is in the duration of a year,my rational is simple share this great music.

BAZ A :wicked:

Social source share

(Shame about all the written slagging here sometimes regarding playlists, but that seems to generally be a UK boy thing, so perhaps I just don't get it :wicked: .)

m

biggrin.gif

Being firmly rooted in the 'playlists are a good thing' camp, I really don't get why some people are so against them.

While I can understand the point of view that people should get off their arses and go and see for themselves what's being played at different venues - for some people that is just not an option.

Personal, family and financial restraints do play a part on what venues people can and do attend these days.

And anyway, I am not convinced that refusing to post up a playlist is going entice anyone to travel to a venue.

Surely letting people know in advance what they are going to hear at your venue is far better than having people going round telling all their mates that your venue is rubbish because they found it wasn't their cup of tea when they got there.

oops.. left an 'f' off my 'of' :sleep3:

Edited by jumpinjoan
Social source share

Some of my plays on the nite at the Bournemouth Railway Club

Billy Mack / To much

Nate Holmes / Still on my mind

Luther Thomas / She'll stick by me

Bobby Thomas/ Please mr lovemaker

Toni and theshowmen / Try my love

The Dynasonics / Soul bug

The three caps / Handle it

Reggie Soul / My world of ectasy

Fenton / Robinson / I believe

Chuck Wells / The love knot

Roy Roberts Exp / You move me

Robert Walker and The Soul Strings / Stick to me

Jerry Cook / Hurt on the other side

C. C Carlson / Shes not to blame

Johnie Jackson / What you gonna do

Chanellors / Everybody got to lose sometime

Cautions / No other way

West Coast Distributors / Girl i love you

Lyn Johnson / Wicked women

These are not in order of play , more have been mentioned on events lookbacks

Social source share

Got no idea at all, i was reading and agreeing with ma\ny people and the rest of this has nothing at all to do with me - suffice to say these records were played at Burnley...big plops stop me now

Set 1

Benny Gordon - Turn On Your Love Light

Freddy Hill - Mr Lucky

Velvets - Estelle Parker

Calvin Arnold - Lovely Way To Go

Short Kuts - Loosen Up

Ernie & Ed - Indication

Visitors - What About Me - Tangerine

Chryslers - I'm Not Gonna Lose You - JE Jody

Anetta Archibald - Clip My Wings

Lavells - Share Him

Freddie Chavez - Baby I'm Sorry

Benny Harper - My Prayer

Superbs - I'm Wanna Do It With You

Little Archie - All I Have To Do

Set 2

Revells - I Want A New Love

Pat & Neurotics - I Like the Way You Do Your Thing

Guitar Slim - That's What It's All About

Roy Roberts - Got to Have All Your Love

Damn Sam the Miracle Man - Same

Rising Sun - Good Loving

Voices Inc - Cover/Up

Irma Routen - I Will Sacrifice

Cassietta George - Don't Give Up

Williams & Ledbetter - Show Some Sign

Intensions - I Love You

Soul Inc - My Proposal

Social source share

If I knew playlists from a venue were going to be posted, It would save trips up to the decks to ask!

I look through playlists and if I like the records I know then chances are I'll like the ones I don't know from the same DJ and will try to hear them, and I might buy one. I don't see the problem!

I don't understand the 'somebody else might play them' mentality, surely thats a good thing???

Have a nice Xmas everyone :thumbsup:

Social source share

A Few of my spins from the other week at the Mod/Soul do in Saki Bar

Taurus and Leo - Going Out The World Backwards

Levon and the Hawks - He Dont Love You

Rosco And Barbara - Could This Be Love

Dorothy Williams - Watchdog

Bernie Moore - I Wanna Be Loved To Death

Don Gardner - My Baby Likes To Boogaloo

Moss Tolbert - Money In My Pocket

Willie Harper - But I couldn't

The Rayons - You Confuse Me Baby

Jolly Jax - Preciate It

McKinley Mitchell - No Love

April May and June - He Went Away

Little Frankie Lee - I Gotta Come Back

Betty Harris - Trouble With My Lover

Unlimited Four - I Wanna Be Happy

Grover Mitchell - Take Your Time And Love Me

Ocie Smith - Everybody But Me

Shep - Fool To Fool

Johnnie Taylor - Dance What You Wanna

Art Freeman - Slippin Around With You

Merle Spears - I Wanna Know

Twas a top night

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Jolly Jax - Preciate It

Shep - Fool To Fool

Twas a top night

Nice list for a young un :P

Bernie Moore -" I Wanna Be Loved To Death"

I think this is a fantastic soul track that just grows and grows and really comes alive in a big hall.

Beeks :lol:

Steve J

Social source share

Nice list for a young un :wicked:

Bernie Moore -" I Wanna Be Loved To Death"

I think this is a fantastic soul track that just grows and grows and really comes alive in a big hall.

Beeks :lol:

Steve J

:ohmy: Cheers Steve...it's nice to get a positive response...Bernie Moore is brilliant...one of my faves...real gritty soul :P

Social source share

Love seeing playlists! Here's mine from 2 sets in our new night in Milos in Leeds That Driving Beat from last month. Next one December 27th - see events thread and Calendar :lol:

Pentagons - Gonna Wait For You (Sutter)

Diplomats - Cards On The Table (Arock)

Valerie & Bobby Capers - West 4th Street (Atlantic)

Reggie Alexander - It's Better (Boss)

Hayes Cotton - Love Plays Funny Games (Claire)

Joan Baker - Everybody's Talking (Diamond)

Otis Rush - Homework (Vocalion UK)

Amanda Love - You Keep Calling Me By Her Name (Starville)

Douglas Gibson - Run For Your Life (Tangerine)

The Quik - Bert's Apple Crumble (Deram UK)

Creative Source - Who Is He And What Is He To You (Sussex)

Willie & His Mighty Magnificents - The Funky 8 Corners (All Platinum)

Paris - Sleepless Nights (Doc)

Summitts - I Can't Get Over Losing You (Dontee)

Melvin Moore - All Of A Sudden (Sky Hero)

Milton Parker (for Brett!!) - Women Like It Harder (Closet)

Soul Generation - Young Bird (Ebony Sound)

Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity (Gold Token)

Flora Wilson - Dancing On A Daydream (Soulvation Army)

Hollidays - I Lost You (Groove City)

Jock Mitchell - Not A Chance In A Million (Impact)

Blue Jays - Point Of View (Jay)

Tommy Ridgley - My Love Gets Stronger (International City)

Sheppards - Stubborn Heart (Jayboy UK)

Embers - First Time (JCP)

Chryslers with the Monarch's Band - I'm Not Gonna Lose You (Je Jody)

Ellusions - You Didn't Have To Leave (Lamon)

Chuck Cockerham - Have I Got A Right (Mala)

Andrea Henry - I Need You Like A Baby (MGM)

Jesse Johnson - Left Out (Old Town)

John Andrews - It's Just Love (Parlophone UK)

Cookie Scott (for Shane!) - I Don't Care (Orr)

Groovettes - Think It Over Baby (Reness)

Freddie North - The Hurt (Rik)

Towana - Wear Your Natural Baby (Romark)

Art Posey - No More Heartaches (Scope)

Sparkels - Try Love (Old Town)

Rose Brooks - I'm Moaning (Soul City)

Athens Rogues - She Could Love Me (Stop)

Ronnie Forte - That Was Whiskey Talking (Tarx)

Arcades - There's Got To Be A Loser (Triad)

E Rodney Jones - R&B Time (Tuff)

Yvonne Carol - Please Don't Go (Vee Jay)

Percy Stone - Chained (Ram)

Merry Xmas all!

Rich

Edited by Rich Buckley
Social source share

Jolly Jax - Preciate It

Shep - Fool To Fool

Twas a top night

a predominantly rnb/60's set Beeks,where did Unltd 4 come from?? :lol: .Good stuff youth,,,Kev.

Social source share

a predominantly rnb/60's set Beeks,where did Unltd 4 come from?? :wicked: .Good stuff youth,,,Kev.

Hehe nice one Kev...Don't know about the Unlimited 4...always liked the record...has a real feel good factor about it and gets a good dancefloor reaction...so I just throw it in from time to time :P Glad you approve anyway :lol:

Social source share

Personally I like looking at playlists from venues, always find it interesting to see what is being played where. If I have done any DJ spots over the weekend I'll always post up my play list in the lookback thread.......really don't understand why some people don't. The 'people will copy my spins' argument being put forward by some doesn't bother me at all, if other DJs start to play some of the records posted in my playlists then great....I'll get to hear some of the records I really love being played out and get to dance to them myself :P . Of course if that does happen then I might decide to remove said record from my own sets to keep them fresh.....no problem there's thousands of other records to choose from as a replacement spin :wicked: . I played at J20 in Lutterworth on Saturday and my playlist is posted in that lookback thread...copied it below for anyone that's interested:

Soul City - Cold Hearted Blues - Good Time

Jimmy Castor - It's Ok - Jet Set

Clarence Reid - I'm Your Yes Man - Wand

Billy Gee - The Name Of The Bag - Joye

Carl Holmes - Soul Dance No 3 - Blackjack

Guitar Slim - That's What It's All About - BoRo

Bobby Bland - 36 22 36 - Duke

Ernie Washington - Lonesome Shack - Chattahoochee

Edwin Starr - I Just Wanted To Cry - Tamla Motown

Sandra Stephens - Have You Been Lonely - C/Up

Autographs - I Can Do It - Okeh

Kittens - Ain't No More Room - Chess

Mae Young - Let's Give Our Love A Try - Big Mack

Free & Easy - Peace and Love - Carol G

Edward Hamilton - Baby Don't You Weep - Mary Jane

Marva Lee - If You Can't Be True - Atco

Rosco & Barbara - Could This Be Love - Old Town

Cody Black - Too Many Irons In The Fire - D Town

Loretta Williams - Baby Cakes - Jotis

Vondors - Look In The Mirror - Holiday

Little Archie - All I Have To Do - Dial

Jimmy Lomax - Come On Home - Cab

Jessie Mae - Don't Freeze On Me - Dra

Harvey Averne Dozen - Never Learned To Dance - Uptite

Startones - Lovin You Baby - Billie Fran

Tyn Tymes - Baby I Love You - Music Box

totally agree mate, and good to see Clarence Reid getting a spin, good fewon this list ive not heard either!! :lol:

Social source share

Got no idea at all, i was reading and agreeing with ma\ny people and the rest of this has nothing at all to do with me - suffice to say these records were played at Burnley...big plops stop me now

Set 1

Benny Gordon - Turn On Your Love Light

Freddy Hill - Mr Lucky

Velvets - Estelle Parker

Calvin Arnold - Lovely Way To Go

Short Kuts - Loosen Up

Ernie & Ed - Indication

Visitors - What About Me - Tangerine

Chryslers - I'm Not Gonna Lose You - JE Jody

Anetta Archibald - Clip My Wings

Lavells - Share Him

Freddie Chavez - Baby I'm Sorry

Benny Harper - My Prayer

Superbs - I'm Wanna Do It With You

Little Archie - All I Have To Do

Set 2

Revells - I Want A New Love

Pat & Neurotics - I Like the Way You Do Your Thing

Guitar Slim - That's What It's All About

Roy Roberts - Got to Have All Your Love

Damn Sam the Miracle Man - Same

Rising Sun - Good Loving

Voices Inc - Cover/Up

Irma Routen - I Will Sacrifice

Cassietta George - Don't Give Up

Williams & Ledbetter - Show Some Sign

Intensions - I Love You

Soul Inc - My Proposal

Very nice Mr Abbott :lol: . I need one of those Damn Sam records, first time I heard it was when you kindly sent me a mp3...must sound fantastic out loud yes.gif . Every one in that playlist (that I know!) is a winner....great stuff thumbup.gif .

Adam.

Social source share

Jolly Jax - Preciate It

Shep - Fool To Fool

Twas a top night

Nice set Beeks :lol: .

Taurus and Leo is a brilliant and pleasingly cheap record that deserves a few more spins. Always loved McKinley Mitchell and the Rosco & Barbara is, as you know, a real favourite of mine and my tip for the top in 2009! Agree with the comments already made regarding Bernie Moore, quality gritty soul and the Jolly Jax is simply fantastic thumbup.gif .

Adam.

Social source share

totally agree mate, and good to see Clarence Reid getting a spin, good fewon this list ive not heard either!! :lol:

Cheers Grant thumbsup.gif . The Clarence Reid is a pretty new purchase and I'll happily admit that I'm going to hammer it out :( .

PM me your addy and I'll stick the playlist on CD for you so you can have a listen to the ones you don't know.

Or come visit our new night on 23rd Jan (see my signature for details) and you'll hear some of them being played out nice and loud! Got a certain Mr Killa DJing for us....so if you come down that would turn the place into a mini Stockport laugh.gif .

Adam.

Social source share

Cheers Grant :( . The Clarence Reid is a pretty new purchase and I'll happily admit that I'm going to hammer it out :D .

PM me your addy and I'll stick the playlist on CD for you so you can have a listen to the ones you don't know.

Or come visit our new night on 23rd Jan (see my signature for details) and you'll hear some of them being played out nice and loud! Got a certain Mr Killa DJing for us....so if you come down that would turn the place into a mini Stockport :lol: .

Adam.

Clar :sleep3: enced :lol: R whistling.gif ei whistling.gif d

No, but, seriously, Adam is trying to breathe some fresh air into procedings and play the under-played. And if the Not-Norm is you bag - as it should be - Book him - Go listen to him. He good.

Yes.

Social source share

Sticking to my premise that good tunes needn't cost a fortune, here's a small handful I played out on Saturday.

Do It-Johnny Griffith

He's Mine-Norma Rudd

I'm going Back home-Ike & Tina

The Snapper-Johnny Lytle

My love is Getting Stronger-Cliff Nobles (That got 'em up :( )

The Love I Give-Louise Murray (That sat 'em down again laugh.gif )

I want a love I can See-Temptations ( That got 'em back up tongue.gif )

I'm Gonna Leave you-Bobby Powell

I Can't use you Girl-Vanguards.

Birth of a Playboy-Chosen Few.

and

Power-Temptations (That threw 'em 1980 tune that sounds like the best of Norman Whitfield 1969 :lol: )

Regards

Tony

Social source share

Sticking to my premise that good tunes needn't cost a fortune, here's a small handful I played out on Saturday.

Do It-Johnny Griffith

He's Mine-Norma Rudd

The Snapper-Johnny Lytle

My love is Getting Stronger-Cliff Nobles (That got 'em up :lol: )

I want a love I can See-Temptations ( That got 'em back up :sleep3: )

and

Power-Temptations (That threw 'em 1980 tune that sounds like the best of Norman Whitfield 1969 ohmy.gif )

Regards

Tony

Louise Murray...sat them down???? Totally fan-bloody-tastic record :lol: . It's always gone down well when I've spun it top, top quality 45 that will have it's day and soon :( . Power by the Temps...brilliant dance record just builds and builds and the end when they all just shout 'POWER' great stuff. For £5 it just doesn't get any better.....sold a handful of them last time I was out, as soon as people listened to it they just gladly handed over the cash :D .

Adam.

Social source share

Clar :sleep3: enced :lol: R whistling.gif ei whistling.gif d

No, but, seriously, Adam is trying to breathe some fresh air into procedings and play the under-played. And if the Not-Norm is you bag - as it should be - Book him - Go listen to him. He good.

Yes.

Dave,

That's quite possibly the nicest thing anyone has said about me on here :lol: . Cheers for the plug :( .

Adam.

Social source share

As a big Tempts fan been playing Power off an'on for a few years.

As to Louise Murray, credit goes to Salmon for turning me on to that 'un.

ATB

Tony

Great taste Salmon has, he's put me onto a couple this year. I'd never heard the Temps 'Power' until I double decked with Fingers one night and he played it off acetate (different take, not by huge amount although his acetate version does sound bit better).

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Nice set Beeks :D .

Taurus and Leo is a brilliant and pleasingly cheap record that deserves a few more spins. Adam.

Was 'big' at West Hampstead - a Randy Cozens spin - and still a very firm favourite of mine. Just to hack the 'hotboxers' off, it's never left my box since '79 laugh.gif:P You did it, you did it, you know you really did it.....or at least that's what I think they say :D Jo

Social source share

I put my playlists up and as a result received this letter...GREAT. now I am in contact with Bernetia and she knows her music is appreciated and loved! We sent her the sound clip of both sides for her birthday! :D

Hello Paul,

My name is Elvin Hughes III, son of Bernetia Miller-Hughes, I am writing this E-Mail to you so hopefully I can find out more information on where you found her record. I saw your playlist in the Lowton 12th Anniversary Forum and it included Bernetia Miller & The Soul Groovers- You Can Tell Me Goodby. She currently is living in the Macon,GA area however there aren't too many people that are familiar with that small town band. Her birthday is on Dec.13 and it would be astonishing to her and greatly appreciated by me if you could help me find any information on that record that has all but disappeared from this fast paced world's memory, only information and maybe an MP3 file of the record. I appreciate any knid of assistance that you can help me with, you never know I might be able to get her to a couple of free concerts next time this group has an event, that would mean a whole lot to her and would be able to bring back the greater times; when people had soul.

Social source share

Do It-Johnny Griffith

He's Mine-Norma Rudd

The Snapper-Johnny Lytle

My love is Getting Stronger-Cliff Nobles (That got 'em up :D )

I want a love I can See-Temptations ( That got 'em back up :D )

and

Power-Temptations (That threw 'em 1980 tune that sounds like the best of Norman Whitfield 1969 :D )

Regards

Tony

One in my box (so obviously cant be expensive! :P ) Nice selection there ...was trying to work out where you played due to the "up/down" comments?

Social source share

I put my playlists up and as a result received this letter...GREAT. now I am in contact with Bernetia and she knows her music is appreciated and loved! We sent her the sound clip of both sides for her birthday! :no:

Hello Paul,

My name is Elvin Hughes III, son of Bernetia Miller-Hughes, I am writing this E-Mail to you so hopefully I can find out more information on where you found her record. I saw your playlist in the Lowton 12th Anniversary Forum and it included Bernetia Miller & The Soul Groovers- You Can Tell Me Goodby. She currently is living in the Macon,GA area however there aren't too many people that are familiar with that small town band. Her birthday is on Dec.13 and it would be astonishing to her and greatly appreciated by me if you could help me find any information on that record that has all but disappeared from this fast paced world's memory, only information and maybe an MP3 file of the record. I appreciate any knid of assistance that you can help me with, you never know I might be able to get her to a couple of free concerts next time this group has an event, that would mean a whole lot to her and would be able to bring back the greater times; when people had soul.

I know, how great is this Paul.

Don't you wish every artist could know just how much their music is appreciated by folk over here?

GREAT STUFF thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest vinylmaniac

Here are my playlists from the Bentinck backroom for 2008.

December 08.

I KNOW MY BABY CARE'S FOR ME / CALVIN & THE CATAMOUNTS...CATAMOUNT.

LIFE AIN'T SO BAD / RUDY LOVE & THE COMPANY SOUL...CANYON.

NOT AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU / NEIL REED...MUSIC.NOW.

FIFTEEN CENT LOVE / ALBERT JONES...KAPP.

LATER BABY / LOVATIONS...CAP CITY.

IT AIN'T ME NO MORE / LEE "SHOT" WILLIAMS...PM.

GIRL STOP BEGGING / WALTER (BUTTERBALL) DAVIS...LA CADE.

THERES NOT TOO MANY MORE / JO ARMSTEAD...GIANT.

MAMA I WISH I STAYED AT HOME / DENISE CHANDLER...LOCK.

ON AND ON / ARTISTICS...BRUNSWICK.

DO I DESERVE IT / BARBARA LEWIS..STAX.

I AIN'T GOING NOWHERE / LEROY BARBOUR...FRONTIERSMAN.

CERTAIN KIND OF LOVER / LOVELITES...UNI.

NEVER GIVE YOU UP / SHIRLEY & THE SHIRELLES...BELL.

I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU / MARGIE JOSEPH...VOLT.

MY WOMANS LOVE / OUT-OF-SIGHTS...SARU.

A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING / PROFILES...BAMBOO.(as cheap as chips and twice as tasty)

THE PRICE OF LOVE / LITTLE SHERMAN...ABC.

GOTTA HAVE LOVE / VANGUARDS...LAMP.

ME AND YOU / THE FANTASTICS...SOUND STAGE 7.

I'M GONNA LOVE YOU / BLUES BAG LTD...PLUMM.

I STILL LOVE YOU / THE PROFILES(again :no: )...BAMBOO.

LET'S GET TOGETHER / FANTASTIC EPICS...KELTON.

BEAUTIFUL PHILOSOPHY / THE INTERNATIONALS...D'AR.

Nov 08

SET YOUR MIND FREE / FIVE MILES OUT...PEOPLE.

SHARE YOUR LOVE / HERMAN KELLY & LIFE...RCA.

GIVE IN / NORRIS VINES & THE LUVLINES...SMILE.

SUGAR,SUGAR,SUGAR / WILLIE & ANTHONY...JAY BOY.

COME BACK TO ME / CUNNIE WILLIAMS...UNIVERSAL.

KEEP ON PUSHING LOVE / AL GREEN...RCA.

WHERE ARE WE GOING / MARVIN GAYE...THE POWER OF FUNK & SOUL.

POTENT LOVE / IMPRESSIONS...BUDDAH.

WORLD IN CRISIS / BARBARA MASON...BUDDAH.

CLINTON PARK / THE MASTERPLAN...DE-LITE.

SURELY,IS YOU IS OR IS YOU AIN'T MY BABY / SLY,SLICK & WICKED...PARAMOUNT.

MY WORLD / FOUR SHADES...RONN.

YOU'RE OFF & RUNNIN' / CHOCOLATE SYRUP...IRA.

HOW TO LOVE A WOMAN / MANDELLS...TRANSWORLD SOUND.

PLEASE HEART DON'T BREAK / TSU TORONADOS...RAMPART STREET.

BING BONG / THE DETERMINATIONS...KING.

HOLDING ON / DETROIT EMERALDS...WESTBOUND.

I'LL BE AROUND / GENO WASHINGTON...MALA.

I CAN'T STAND IT / THE SOPHISTICATES...MUTT.

FIRST TASTE OF HURT / WILLIE TEE...GATUR.

I CAN'T GET OVER LOSING YOU / THE SUMMITS...DONTEE.

LOK AT ME,LOOK AT ME / VERNON GREENE...MINIT.

I'M ON TO YOU GIRL / SKIP JACKSON & THE SHANTONS...DOT-MAR.

IN SCHOOL / JAMES KELLY DUHON...JUDE.

THIS TIME I'M GONE / RONNIE McCAIN...TRIODE.

MISS HARD TO GET / DENNIS LANDRY...SOUL UNLIMITED.

LOVE EACH OTHER / LEON THOMAS...FLYING DUTCHMAN.

I'M NO STRANGER / JOE BATAAN...FANIA.

WOULDN'T YOU RATHER HAVE ME / RICHARD WILLIAMS...QUAD.

SEARCH FOR THE INNER SELF / JON LUCIEN...AMPEX.

SEPT 08

LITTLE SISTER / HEADLINERS...SUPER M.

A CHANCE AT LOVE / UNIVERSAL MINDS...CHARLES.

LOOKING FOR MY BABY / SENSATIONAL LITTLE DOC...MERRY GO ROUND.

I'LL LOVE YOU BUT I'LL LEAVE YOU / EMOTIONS...TWINSTACKS.

LOVE LOOKS GOOD ON YOU / LIBERATION...S.O.A.

LOVE DIET / THE IMAGINATION...20TH CENTURY.

SECOND BEST / FINISHING TOUCH...PHILLY GROOVE.

HEY BABY / ANTHONY WHITE...P.I.R.

GOOD LOVIN / AL MASON...FYNAL VYNAL.

I'M NOT READY / UJIMA...EPIC.

LOVE LET LOVE & BE LOVED / TONY FOX...BLASTER (LP).

HIGH ON YOU / FREEDOM...FREEDOM.

SINCE I FOUND MY BABY / MARSHALL,DONOVAN & B...AUGUSTA.

TEACHERMAN / BARBARA ST CLAIR...CROSSEYED BEAR.

I WONT HAVE ANY BABIES FOR YOU / THE BITTER & THE

SWEET ...ANYTHING & EVERYTHING.

SIGNS OF A DYING LOVE / MARK IV...OTB.

I'D LIKE TO HAVE YOU / NORWOOD LONG...GROOVEY GROOVES.

TIME AIN'T GONNA DO ME NO FAVOR / FREDRICK HYMES III...FAB VEGAS.

AMERICAN GIRL / ROSCOE THOMAS...WORLD RECORD.

CAN YOU REMEMBER / RHONDA DAVIS...DUKE.

GIRL I LOVE YOU / SHELLEY FISHER...DALYA.

THAT SMILE UPON YOUR FACE / LEONARD ADAIR..STAGE PRODUCTION.

IS IT LOVE OR IS IT LUST / VERNON STEVE WEAKLEY...VSW.

WEAR YOUR NATURAL BABY / TOWANA & TOTAL DESTRUCTION...ROMARK.

IT'S NO MISTAKE / DARROW FLETCHER...CROSSOVER.

JULY 08

CRYSTAL BLUE PERSUASION / GONZALES /EMI.

ONE MORE NIGHT / EL CHICANO / MCA.

10,000 MILES / AMERICAN GYPSY /CHESS.

YOUR LOVE / CHOICE OF COLOUR / APT.

VISIONS / CANIA / TAMMY JO.

SOMETHING ON MY MIND / T & T / COBRA.

I'M NO STRANGER / JOE BATAAN / FANIA.

TRUE LOVE / FRANKIE NIEVES / SPEED.

FUNKY 8 CORNERS PT 2 / WILLY & MIGHTY MAGNIFICENTS / PLATINUM.

SEVEN THE LOSER /ERIC LOMAX.

GIRL YOU CHEATED ON ME / PRESIDENTS / SUSSEX.

FUNKY SIGN / STRUTT / BRUNSWICK.

CAN'T STAY AWAY / TYRONE ASHLEY / TRUTH & SOUL.

GETTING OVER / EAST OF UNDERGROUND /WAX POETICS.

GOT TO GET OVER /BROTHERS UNLIMITED / CAPITOL.

LOVING EXPLOSION / ELIMINATORS /BRC.

BRIGHT CITY LIGHTS / SATISFACTION UNLIMITED / HOT WAX.

JUNE 08

MAVIS STAPLES / IT MAKES YOU WANT TO CRY / STAX.

JEAN PLUM / BACK TO YOU / LONDON.

McKINLEY SANDIFER / YOU'RE A WINNER BABY / COTTON.

SAHARA / THE WIND / GET DOWN.

BRIEF ENCOUNTER / HUMAN / SOUND PLUS.

GENE TOWNSEL / THERE'S NO USE HIDING / DOBRE

DEE DEE WARWICK / I'M GLAD I'M A WOMAN /ATLANTIC.

MIDWEST FRANCHISE / I'LL BE AROUND / MCA.

MISS LOUISTINE / I DON'T WANT TO LOVE NOBODY BUT YOU / NWE.

TOM BROCK / I LOVE YOU MORE & MORE /20TH CENTURY.

LAMONT DOZIER / YOU MAKE ME A BELIEVER / COLUMBIA.

SANDRA WRIGHT / A MAN CAN'T BE A MAN / DEMON.

JESUS ALVEREZ / PLEASE STAY DON'T GO / VIBRATION.

NORRIS VINES / GIVE IN / SMILE.

MIXED EMOTIONS / AM I IMPOSING / ROCK-WAY.

VILLAGE CHIOR / SWEET HOT LIPS / NYC.

BILLY JONES / KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES / EPIC.

MELLAA / FREE / LARC.

LIFE ENSEMBLE / ON A SUMMERS DAY / LIFESTYLE.

SOUL CRUSADERS / THOSE MEMORIES / LUTALL.

BROTHERHOOD / GIVEN MY LIFE / MCA.

FUNKHOUSE EXPRESS / CHASE YOUR BLUES AWAY / ROXBURY.

BLOODSTONE / JUST FOR THE FEEL OF IT / MOTOWN.

UJIMA / I'M NOT READY / EPIC.

BILALIAN CREATION / SAVE THE CHILDREN / CALIFORNIA GOLD.

ODYSSEY / BATTENED SHIPS / MOWEST.

COKE ESCOVEDO / I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING / MERCURY.

LIFESTYLE / TRYING TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU / MCA.

MARVIN GAYE / WHERE ARE WE GOING / FUNK & SOUL.

TOWANA & TOTAL DESTRUCTION / WEAR YOUR NATURAL, BABY / ROMARC.

KIRK TAYLOR / I'M THE ONE WHO NEEDS YOU / KT.

OUR LADIES OF SOUL / LETS GROOVE TOGETHER / KELTON.

SUNDAY / AIN'T GOT NO PROBLEMS / ALTEEN.

SLY, SLICK AND WICKED / SURELY / PARAMOUNT.

MONTCLAIRS / UNWANTED LOVE / PAULA.

JAEDES / UH UH WHAT DID I DO / ATHENA.

JOSHIE JO ARMSTEAD / I GOT THE VIBES / TRUTH.

APRIL 08

IT SWELLS MY DESIRE / P.H.D,S. / LAMP.

PROMISE THAT YOU'LL WAIT / MICHAEL LIZZMORE / CAPITOL.

DOES IT REALLY MATTER / GLEN RICKETTS / SCR.

I'M NOT LIKE THE OTHERS / NORTH,SOUTH,EAST & WEST / 20TH CENTURY.

NOT AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU / NEIL REED / MUSIC NOW.

I DO LOVE YOU / ALBERT JONES / TRI-CITY.

WHY SHOULDN'T A MAN CRY / THE ATTRACTIONS / BELL.

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME / VERNON GREENE / MINIT.

WHO WILL DO YOUR RUNNING NOW / MARVIN SMITH / MAYFIELD.

WHY,WHY,WHY / MILL EVANS / KING.

JUST A DREAM / IMPERIAL WONDERS / DAY-WOOD.

UH,UH,WHAT DID I DO / THE JAEDES / ATHENA.

LUCKY LADY / THE JONES BROS / PYE INTERNATIONAL.

I'M ONE WHO KNOW / BREWSTER CREW / LIFELINE.

THE ONLY WAY IS UP / OTIS CLAY / ECHO.

GONNA FIND A TRUE LOVE / BOTTOM & COMPANY / MOTOWN.

AINT NOTHING LIKE YOUR LOVE / THE CHARISMA BAND / BUDDAH.

GET INTO YOUR LIFE / BELOYD / 20TH CENTURY.

THIS TIME ITS GOTTA BE LOVE / DYSONS FACES / DRR.

I'LL FLY TO YOUR OPEN ARMS / JACK ASHFORD / MAGIC DISC.

TEACHERMAN / BARBARA ST CLAIR / CROSSEYED BEAR.

I'M NOT READY / UJIMA / EPIC.

SAVE THE CHILDREN / BILALIAN CREATION / CALIFORNIA GOLD.

TOO LATE / BLACK SUGAR / SONO RADIO.

MARCH 08.

WE GANNA MAKE IT / GINO WASHINGTON.... ATAC.

GIVE UP / R.D.M BAND...VIRTUE.

STRIP ME NAKED / LOVE,PEACE & HAPPINESS...R.C.A.

HEY ITS OVER / WINDY CITY...INNERVISION II.

DONT SEND ME AWAY / GARFIELD FLEMING...BECKET.

NEVER STOP LOVING YOU / CAVIAR...SURVIVOR.

STEPPIN' OUT / H ANDREWS & COMPANY...BALANCE.

DOES IT REALLY MATTER / GLEN RICKETTS...SCR.

LETS GO FISHING / TURNER BROS...MB.

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE / ROSIE GRIER...A&M.

YOUR LOVES GOT ME / SATIN.

HOW CAN I GO ON WITHOUT YOU / COREY BLAKE...CAPITOL.

THE TIME IS RIGHT FOR LOVE / BOBBY REED...BELL.

GOTTA HAVE LOVE / MARVELL LOVE...NEW WORLD.

IVE GOT WHAT YOU WANT / WILLIE JAY...MAGIC CITY.

IM NOT LOVING A BEGINNER / JESSE FISHER...WAY OUT.

KEEP ON LOVING / OTIS LEAVILL...COLUMBIA.

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC / RON SURREY..INSURANCE CITY.

IN SCHOOL / JAMES KELLY DUHON...JUDE

EVERYBODY PUSH AND PULL / JUDSON MOORE...CAPRI.

TIME AINT GONNA DO ME NO FAVOR / FREDRICK HYMES III...FAB VEGAS.

THAT LITTLE BROWN LETTER / JO ANN GARRETT...DUO.

YOU'RE SO YOUNG BUT YOU'RE SO TRUE / LOST GENERATION...BRUNSWICK.

THE SWEETEST THING / CHANNEL 3...DAKAR.

SUDDENLY / TONY DRAKE...BRUNSWICK.

GIVE IN TO THE POWER OF LOVE / THE COMMITTEE...NMI.

FEB 08.

GIRL GO AWAY /VANGUARDS.

BOYS WILL BE BOYS / FIDELS.

LOOKING FOR MY BABY / SENSATIONAL LITTLE DOC.

YOU'VE HURT ME BABY / VOICEMASTERS.

BING BONG / DETERMINATIONS.

MY WOMANS LOVE / OUT-OF-SIGHTS.

PLEASE HEART DONT BREAK / TSU TORONADOES.

THE MIGHTY LOVER / THE IDEALS.

I AINT GOING NOWHERE / LEROY BARBOUR.

MY BABY LOVE / TEMPREES.

AL WORK & NO PLAY / SARENA JOHNSON.

INDEPENDANT WOMAN / JAN JONES.

EVRYBODYS TALKING / RANCE ALLEN.

SWEET HOT LIPS / THE VILLAGE CHOIR.

GONNA FIND A TRUE LOVE / BOTTOM & COMPANY.

TEACHERMAN / BARBARA ST CLAIR .

SOMETHING ON MY MIND / T&T.

I'M INTO YOUR LOVE / EXECUTIVE JAM.

HOP SKIP AND JUMP / NIGHTCHILL.

GIVE IN TO THE POWER OF LOVE / THE COMMITTEE.

JAN 08.

HARD WAY TO GO /NICK ALLEN.

ELLA WEEZ /LEROY HUTSON.

THEN I REACH SATISFACTION /11TH COMMANDMENT.

I AIN'T GOING NOWHERE /LEROY BARBOUR.

I'M ONE WHO KNOW. /BREWSTER CREW.

LUCKY LADY /THE JONES BROS.

LOOKING FOR MY BABY ./SENSATIONAL LITTLE DOC.

DO YOU REALLY LOVE ME ./MASTERS OF SOUL.

TIME KEEPS TICKING BY ./ROBERT TAYLOR.

GOT TO GET MY BROOM OUT./DAVID PEOPLES.

OH GIRL ./JOHNNY WASHINGTON.

LOVE LINE ./LUKE DAY.

LET'S GOT IT TOGETHER ./DALE DARBY.

WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT./ HUGH BOYNTON.

LET ME BE A WINNER ./JOHNNY SCOTT.

GOOD LOVIN ./AL MASON.

WHEN DID YOU STOP ./THE J'S.

JUST BECAUSE ./AFRO DIMENSIONS.

Thanks Ray.I hope you have very soulful 2009 thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest bazrico

Good idea joan, think that would work myself, to me playlists give people who are thinking of travelling to a venue for the first time give a good insight into what style of music there likely to hear biggrin.gif

total agree to this ideal having traveled 300mile round trip to a certain venue only to find oldies and more oldies i know it's my fault for not doing the home work but it was one of nights

Social source share

Here's my playlist from our local pre-Christmas do in Munich on Dec 23

Meant to be more of a Christmas party than a proper Soul allnighter, hence mainly oldies.

Please note, apart from the very last two tracks not in playing order!

Justin Jones - Dance by yourself

Larry Davis - I've been hurt so many times

Little Joe Cook - I'll never go to a party again

The Neptunes - Girl that's an awful thing to say

Charles Johnson - Never had a love so good

James Bynum - Time passes by

James Fountain - Seven day lover

The Pages - Heartaches and pain

Robert John - Raindrops, love and sunshine

The Chants - Baby I don't need your love

Gene Toones - What more do you want

Betty Everett - Too hot to hold

Billy Preston - Billy's bag

Bobby Valentine - Use it before you lose it

Anthony Hall - Baby girl of mine

The Arabians - Please take a chance on me

Bob Brady - Goodbye baby

Dave Charles - Ain't gonna cry no more

Doris Troy - I'll do anything

Eddie Regan - Playing hide and seek

Gene Chandler - Mr. Big shot

George Freeman - Down and out

The Invitations - What's wrong with me baby

Jack Hammer - What greater love

Jimmie Raye - Philly dog around the world

Jimmy Fraser - Of hopes dreams and tombstones

Lenis Guess - Working for my baby

Marjorie Black - One more hurt

Patti & The Emblems - I'm gonna love you a long time

Ray Merrell - Tears of joy

Paul Anka - I can't help loving you

Sam Dees - Lonely for you baby

Sandy Williams - Pushing a good thing too far

Shane Martin - I need you

The Soul Twins - Quick change artist

The Yum Yums - Gonna be a big thing

The Chesterfields - You walked away

The Foundations - Change my life

Bob McFadden - The beat generation

Edited by Benji
Social source share

My playlist at our allnighter in october- mainly oldies (cause I like them)... tongue.gif

Sorry, no particular order, I am not very good at playing memory.

John Bowie-You´re gonna miss a good thing- Merben

Peoples Choice- Savin my lovin for you- Palmer

Constellations- I don´t know about you- Gemini Star

Sam Dees- Lonely for you- SSS Int.

The Tangeers- Let your heart and soul be free- Okeh

Cajun Hart- Got to find a way- WB issue

Dickie Wonder- Nobody knows- Sound of soul

Shane Martin- I need you- Epic

Monzas- You know you turn me on- Moon

Jokers- Soul sound- Sko-field

Otis Lee- Hard roe to hoe- Quaint

Cleveland Robinson- Love is a trap- Nosnibor

Dusty Wilson- Can´t do without you- Bronse

Barbara Dane- Im on my way- Trey

Betty O Brien- She´ll be gone- Liberty

Jo Ann Henderson- Baby please dont go- Phonograph

Tiny Topsy- Just a little bit- Federal

Helen Troy- I think I love you-Kapp

Curtis Knight- Voodoo woman- Gulf

Troy Dodds- Try my love- El Camino issue

Tony Middleton- Spanish maiden- Storm

Joe Bataan- Gypsy woman- Fania

George Kirby- What can I do- Cadet

Jack Montgomery- My dear beloved- Scepter

Terry Callier- Look at me now- Cadet

O.C. Smith- On easy street- Columbia

Ray Pollard- The drifter- United Artists

Tony Middleton- Paris blues- Mala

Freddy Houston- If I had known- Bell acetate

George Freeman- Down and out- Valliant

George Smith- Ive had it- Turntable

Sam Fletcher- I´d think it over- Tollie

Esther Phillips- Just say goodbye- Atlantic

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Some great playlists posted on this thread.

But I wish people who post up in lookbacks would add something other than 'it was a great night'....blah blah...

If people are going to post anything in lookbacks it should include a good percentage of the tunes played.

The other week on one of the lookback threads it read like there had only been 2 DJs doing half an hour each!

thanks

paul

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

My playlist at our allnighter in october- mainly oldies (cause I like them)... :D

Sorry, no particular order, I am not very good at playing memory.

John Bowie-You´re gonna miss a good thing- Merben

Peoples Choice- Savin my lovin for you- Palmer

Constellations- I don´t know about you- Gemini Star

Sam Dees- Lonely for you- SSS Int.

The Tangeers- Let your heart and soul be free- Okeh

Cajun Hart- Got to find a way- WB issue

Dickie Wonder- Nobody knows- Sound of soul

Shane Martin- I need you- Epic

Monzas- You know you turn me on- Moon

Jokers- Soul sound- Sko-field

Otis Lee- Hard roe to hoe- Quaint

Cleveland Robinson- Love is a trap- Nosnibor

Dusty Wilson- Can´t do without you- Bronse

Barbara Dane- Im on my way- Trey

Betty O Brien- She´ll be gone- Liberty

Jo Ann Henderson- Baby please dont go- Phonograph

Tiny Topsy- Just a little bit- Federal

Helen Troy- I think I love you-Kapp

Curtis Knight- Voodoo woman- Gulf

Troy Dodds- Try my love- El Camino issue

Tony Middleton- Spanish maiden- Storm

Joe Bataan- Gypsy woman- Fania

George Kirby- What can I do- Cadet

Jack Montgomery- My dear beloved- Scepter

Terry Callier- Look at me now- Cadet

O.C. Smith- On easy street- Columbia

Ray Pollard- The drifter- United Artists

Tony Middleton- Paris blues- Mala

Freddy Houston- If I had known- Bell acetate

George Freeman- Down and out- Valliant

George Smith- Ive had it- Turntable

Sam Fletcher- I´d think it over- Tollie

Esther Phillips- Just say goodbye- Atlantic

if you don't mind me saying so a crackin set (i'll ignore Otis Lee cos i hate it )

Social source share

Here are my playlists from the Bentinck backroom for 2008.

December 08.

I KNOW MY BABY CARE'S FOR ME / CALVIN & THE CATAMOUNTS...CATAMOUNT.

LIFE AIN'T SO BAD / RUDY LOVE & THE COMPANY SOUL...CANYON.

NOT AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU / NEIL REED...MUSIC.NOW.

FIFTEEN CENT LOVE / ALBERT JONES...KAPP.

LATER BABY / LOVATIONS...CAP CITY.

IT AIN'T ME NO MORE / LEE "SHOT" WILLIAMS...PM.

GIRL STOP BEGGING / WALTER (BUTTERBALL) DAVIS...LA CADE.

THERES NOT TOO MANY MORE / JO ARMSTEAD...GIANT.

MAMA I WISH I STAYED AT HOME / DENISE CHANDLER...LOCK.

ON AND ON / ARTISTICS...BRUNSWICK.

DO I DESERVE IT / BARBARA LEWIS..STAX.

I AIN'T GOING NOWHERE / LEROY BARBOUR...FRONTIERSMAN.

CERTAIN KIND OF LOVER / LOVELITES...UNI.

NEVER GIVE YOU UP / SHIRLEY & THE SHIRELLES...BELL.

I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU / MARGIE JOSEPH...VOLT.

MY WOMANS LOVE / OUT-OF-SIGHTS...SARU.

A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING / PROFILES...BAMBOO.(as cheap as chips and twice as tasty)

THE PRICE OF LOVE / LITTLE SHERMAN...ABC.

GOTTA HAVE LOVE / VANGUARDS...LAMP.

ME AND YOU / THE FANTASTICS...SOUND STAGE 7.

I'M GONNA LOVE YOU / BLUES BAG LTD...PLUMM.

I STILL LOVE YOU / THE PROFILES(again shhh.gif )...BAMBOO.

LET'S GET TOGETHER / FANTASTIC EPICS...KELTON.

BEAUTIFUL PHILOSOPHY / THE INTERNATIONALS...D'AR.

Nov 08

SET YOUR MIND FREE / FIVE MILES OUT...PEOPLE.

SHARE YOUR LOVE / HERMAN KELLY & LIFE...RCA.

GIVE IN / NORRIS VINES & THE LUVLINES...SMILE.

SUGAR,SUGAR,SUGAR / WILLIE & ANTHONY...JAY BOY.

COME BACK TO ME / CUNNIE WILLIAMS...UNIVERSAL.

KEEP ON PUSHING LOVE / AL GREEN...RCA.

WHERE ARE WE GOING / MARVIN GAYE...THE POWER OF FUNK & SOUL.

POTENT LOVE / IMPRESSIONS...BUDDAH.

WORLD IN CRISIS / BARBARA MASON...BUDDAH.

CLINTON PARK / THE MASTERPLAN...DE-LITE.

SURELY,IS YOU IS OR IS YOU AIN'T MY BABY / SLY,SLICK & WICKED...PARAMOUNT.

MY WORLD / FOUR SHADES...RONN.

YOU'RE OFF & RUNNIN' / CHOCOLATE SYRUP...IRA.

HOW TO LOVE A WOMAN / MANDELLS...TRANSWORLD SOUND.

PLEASE HEART DON'T BREAK / TSU TORONADOS...RAMPART STREET.

BING BONG / THE DETERMINATIONS...KING.

HOLDING ON / DETROIT EMERALDS...WESTBOUND.

I'LL BE AROUND / GENO WASHINGTON...MALA.

I CAN'T STAND IT / THE SOPHISTICATES...MUTT.

FIRST TASTE OF HURT / WILLIE TEE...GATUR.

I CAN'T GET OVER LOSING YOU / THE SUMMITS...DONTEE.

LOK AT ME,LOOK AT ME / VERNON GREENE...MINIT.

I'M ON TO YOU GIRL / SKIP JACKSON & THE SHANTONS...DOT-MAR.

IN SCHOOL / JAMES KELLY DUHON...JUDE.

THIS TIME I'M GONE / RONNIE McCAIN...TRIODE.

MISS HARD TO GET / DENNIS LANDRY...SOUL UNLIMITED.

LOVE EACH OTHER / LEON THOMAS...FLYING DUTCHMAN.

I'M NO STRANGER / JOE BATAAN...FANIA.

WOULDN'T YOU RATHER HAVE ME / RICHARD WILLIAMS...QUAD.

SEARCH FOR THE INNER SELF / JON LUCIEN...AMPEX.

SEPT 08

LITTLE SISTER / HEADLINERS...SUPER M.

A CHANCE AT LOVE / UNIVERSAL MINDS...CHARLES.

LOOKING FOR MY BABY / SENSATIONAL LITTLE DOC...MERRY GO ROUND.

I'LL LOVE YOU BUT I'LL LEAVE YOU / EMOTIONS...TWINSTACKS.

LOVE LOOKS GOOD ON YOU / LIBERATION...S.O.A.

LOVE DIET / THE IMAGINATION...20TH CENTURY.

SECOND BEST / FINISHING TOUCH...PHILLY GROOVE.

HEY BABY / ANTHONY WHITE...P.I.R.

GOOD LOVIN / AL MASON...FYNAL VYNAL.

I'M NOT READY / UJIMA...EPIC.

LOVE LET LOVE & BE LOVED / TONY FOX...BLASTER (LP).

HIGH ON YOU / FREEDOM...FREEDOM.

SINCE I FOUND MY BABY / MARSHALL,DONOVAN & B...AUGUSTA.

TEACHERMAN / BARBARA ST CLAIR...CROSSEYED BEAR.

I WONT HAVE ANY BABIES FOR YOU / THE BITTER & THE

SWEET ...ANYTHING & EVERYTHING.

TIME AIN'T GONNA DO ME NO FAVOR / FREDRICK HYMES III...FAB VEGAS.

AMERICAN GIRL / ROSCOE THOMAS...WORLD RECORD.

GIRL I LOVE YOU / SHELLEY FISHER...DALYA.

THAT SMILE UPON YOUR FACE / LEONARD ADAIR..STAGE PRODUCTION.

IS IT LOVE OR IS IT LUST / VERNON STEVE WEAKLEY...VSW.

WEAR YOUR NATURAL BABY / TOWANA & TOTAL DESTRUCTION...ROMARK.

IT'S NO MISTAKE / DARROW FLETCHER...CROSSOVER.

JULY 08

CRYSTAL BLUE PERSUASION / GONZALES /EMI.

ONE MORE NIGHT / EL CHICANO / MCA.

10,000 MILES / AMERICAN GYPSY /CHESS.

VISIONS / CANIA / TAMMY JO.

SOMETHING ON MY MIND / T & T / COBRA.

I'M NO STRANGER / JOE BATAAN / FANIA.

TRUE LOVE / FRANKIE NIEVES / SPEED.

FUNKY 8 CORNERS PT 2 / WILLY & MIGHTY MAGNIFICENTS / PLATINUM.

SEVEN THE LOSER /ERIC LOMAX.

GIRL YOU CHEATED ON ME / PRESIDENTS / SUSSEX.

FUNKY SIGN / STRUTT / BRUNSWICK.

CAN'T STAY AWAY / TYRONE ASHLEY / TRUTH & SOUL.

GETTING OVER / EAST OF UNDERGROUND /WAX POETICS.

GOT TO GET OVER /BROTHERS UNLIMITED / CAPITOL.

LOVING EXPLOSION / ELIMINATORS /BRC.

BRIGHT CITY LIGHTS / SATISFACTION UNLIMITED / HOT WAX.

JUNE 08

MAVIS STAPLES / IT MAKES YOU WANT TO CRY / STAX.

JEAN PLUM / BACK TO YOU / LONDON.

McKINLEY SANDIFER / YOU'RE A WINNER BABY / COTTON.

SAHARA / THE WIND / GET DOWN.

BRIEF ENCOUNTER / HUMAN / SOUND PLUS.

GENE TOWNSEL / THERE'S NO USE HIDING / DOBRE

DEE DEE WARWICK / I'M GLAD I'M A WOMAN /ATLANTIC.

MIDWEST FRANCHISE / I'LL BE AROUND / MCA.

MISS LOUISTINE / I DON'T WANT TO LOVE NOBODY BUT YOU / NWE.

TOM BROCK / I LOVE YOU MORE & MORE /20TH CENTURY.

LAMONT DOZIER / YOU MAKE ME A BELIEVER / COLUMBIA.

SANDRA WRIGHT / A MAN CAN'T BE A MAN / DEMON.

JESUS ALVEREZ / PLEASE STAY DON'T GO / VIBRATION.

NORRIS VINES / GIVE IN / SMILE.

MIXED EMOTIONS / AM I IMPOSING / ROCK-WAY.

VILLAGE CHIOR / SWEET HOT LIPS / NYC.

BILLY JONES / KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES / EPIC.

MELLAA / FREE / LARC.

LIFE ENSEMBLE / ON A SUMMERS DAY / LIFESTYLE.

SOUL CRUSADERS / THOSE MEMORIES / LUTALL.

BROTHERHOOD / GIVEN MY LIFE / MCA.

FUNKHOUSE EXPRESS / CHASE YOUR BLUES AWAY / ROXBURY.

BLOODSTONE / JUST FOR THE FEEL OF IT / MOTOWN.

UJIMA / I'M NOT READY / EPIC.

BILALIAN CREATION / SAVE THE CHILDREN / CALIFORNIA GOLD.

ODYSSEY / BATTENED SHIPS / MOWEST.

COKE ESCOVEDO / I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING / MERCURY.

LIFESTYLE / TRYING TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU / MCA.

MARVIN GAYE / WHERE ARE WE GOING / FUNK & SOUL.

TOWANA & TOTAL DESTRUCTION / WEAR YOUR NATURAL, BABY / ROMARC.

KIRK TAYLOR / I'M THE ONE WHO NEEDS YOU / KT.

OUR LADIES OF SOUL / LETS GROOVE TOGETHER / KELTON.

SUNDAY / AIN'T GOT NO PROBLEMS / ALTEEN.

SLY, SLICK AND WICKED / SURELY / PARAMOUNT.

MONTCLAIRS / UNWANTED LOVE / PAULA.

JAEDES / UH UH WHAT DID I DO / ATHENA.

JOSHIE JO ARMSTEAD / I GOT THE VIBES / TRUTH.

APRIL 08

IT SWELLS MY DESIRE / P.H.D,S. / LAMP.

PROMISE THAT YOU'LL WAIT / MICHAEL LIZZMORE / CAPITOL.

DOES IT REALLY MATTER / GLEN RICKETTS / SCR.

I'M NOT LIKE THE OTHERS / NORTH,SOUTH,EAST & WEST / 20TH CENTURY.

NOT AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU / NEIL REED / MUSIC NOW.

I DO LOVE YOU / ALBERT JONES / TRI-CITY.

WHY SHOULDN'T A MAN CRY / THE ATTRACTIONS / BELL.

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME / VERNON GREENE / MINIT.

WHO WILL DO YOUR RUNNING NOW / MARVIN SMITH / MAYFIELD.

WHY,WHY,WHY / MILL EVANS / KING.

JUST A DREAM / IMPERIAL WONDERS / DAY-WOOD.

UH,UH,WHAT DID I DO / THE JAEDES / ATHENA.

LUCKY LADY / THE JONES BROS / PYE INTERNATIONAL.

I'M ONE WHO KNOW / BREWSTER CREW / LIFELINE.

THE ONLY WAY IS UP / OTIS CLAY / ECHO.

GONNA FIND A TRUE LOVE / BOTTOM & COMPANY / MOTOWN.

AINT NOTHING LIKE YOUR LOVE / THE CHARISMA BAND / BUDDAH.

GET INTO YOUR LIFE / BELOYD / 20TH CENTURY.

THIS TIME ITS GOTTA BE LOVE / DYSONS FACES / DRR.

I'LL FLY TO YOUR OPEN ARMS / JACK ASHFORD / MAGIC DISC.

TEACHERMAN / BARBARA ST CLAIR / CROSSEYED BEAR.

I'M NOT READY / UJIMA / EPIC.

SAVE THE CHILDREN / BILALIAN CREATION / CALIFORNIA GOLD.

TOO LATE / BLACK SUGAR / SONO RADIO.

MARCH 08.

WE GANNA MAKE IT / GINO WASHINGTON.... ATAC.

GIVE UP / R.D.M BAND...VIRTUE.

STRIP ME NAKED / LOVE,PEACE & HAPPINESS...R.C.A.

HEY ITS OVER / WINDY CITY...INNERVISION II.

DONT SEND ME AWAY / GARFIELD FLEMING...BECKET.

NEVER STOP LOVING YOU / CAVIAR...SURVIVOR.

STEPPIN' OUT / H ANDREWS & COMPANY...BALANCE.

DOES IT REALLY MATTER / GLEN RICKETTS...SCR.

LETS GO FISHING / TURNER BROS...MB.

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE / ROSIE GRIER...A&M.

YOUR LOVES GOT ME / SATIN.

HOW CAN I GO ON WITHOUT YOU / COREY BLAKE...CAPITOL.

THE TIME IS RIGHT FOR LOVE / BOBBY REED...BELL.

GOTTA HAVE LOVE / MARVELL LOVE...NEW WORLD.

IVE GOT WHAT YOU WANT / WILLIE JAY...MAGIC CITY.

IM NOT LOVING A BEGINNER / JESSE FISHER...WAY OUT.

KEEP ON LOVING / OTIS LEAVILL...COLUMBIA.

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC / RON SURREY..INSURANCE CITY.

IN SCHOOL / JAMES KELLY DUHON...JUDE

EVERYBODY PUSH AND PULL / JUDSON MOORE...CAPRI.

TIME AINT GONNA DO ME NO FAVOR / FREDRICK HYMES III...FAB VEGAS.

THAT LITTLE BROWN LETTER / JO ANN GARRETT...DUO.

YOU'RE SO YOUNG BUT YOU'RE SO TRUE / LOST GENERATION...BRUNSWICK.

THE SWEETEST THING / CHANNEL 3...DAKAR.

SUDDENLY / TONY DRAKE...BRUNSWICK.

GIVE IN TO THE POWER OF LOVE / THE COMMITTEE...NMI.

FEB 08.

GIRL GO AWAY /VANGUARDS.

BOYS WILL BE BOYS / FIDELS.

LOOKING FOR MY BABY / SENSATIONAL LITTLE DOC.

YOU'VE HURT ME BABY / VOICEMASTERS.

BING BONG / DETERMINATIONS.

MY WOMANS LOVE / OUT-OF-SIGHTS.

PLEASE HEART DONT BREAK / TSU TORONADOES.

THE MIGHTY LOVER / THE IDEALS.

I AINT GOING NOWHERE / LEROY BARBOUR.

MY BABY LOVE / TEMPREES.

AL WORK & NO PLAY / SARENA JOHNSON.

INDEPENDANT WOMAN / JAN JONES.

EVRYBODYS TALKING / RANCE ALLEN.

SWEET HOT LIPS / THE VILLAGE CHOIR.

GONNA FIND A TRUE LOVE / BOTTOM & COMPANY.

TEACHERMAN / BARBARA ST CLAIR .

SOMETHING ON MY MIND / T&T.

I'M INTO YOUR LOVE / EXECUTIVE JAM.

HOP SKIP AND JUMP / NIGHTCHILL.

GIVE IN TO THE POWER OF LOVE / THE COMMITTEE.

JAN 08.

HARD WAY TO GO /NICK ALLEN.

ELLA WEEZ /LEROY HUTSON.

THEN I REACH SATISFACTION /11TH COMMANDMENT.

I AIN'T GOING NOWHERE /LEROY BARBOUR.

I'M ONE WHO KNOW. /BREWSTER CREW.

LUCKY LADY /THE JONES BROS.

LOOKING FOR MY BABY ./SENSATIONAL LITTLE DOC.

DO YOU REALLY LOVE ME ./MASTERS OF SOUL.

TIME KEEPS TICKING BY ./ROBERT TAYLOR.

GOT TO GET MY BROOM OUT./DAVID PEOPLES.

OH GIRL ./JOHNNY WASHINGTON.

LOVE LINE ./LUKE DAY.

LET'S GOT IT TOGETHER ./DALE DARBY.

WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT./ HUGH BOYNTON.

LET ME BE A WINNER ./JOHNNY SCOTT.

GOOD LOVIN ./AL MASON.

WHEN DID YOU STOP ./THE J'S.

JUST BECAUSE ./AFRO DIMENSIONS.

Thanks Ray.I hope you have very soulful 2009 :shades:

Great tunes,and great taste :(:D

Dave f............

Social source share

my opinion....no playlists,if you want to know whats being played at a venue....err GO to the venue.Too many use other peoples playlists to find stuff for them to play without going out and about.Mind you have sen a few playlists that have made up my mind for me to steer well clear of certain venues biggrin.gif

With you on that... Get off your arse and go see whats being played.. bums off warm seat in the comfort of home and on the many cold seats spare at venues...Many just use playlists to jack up the price of tunes they have for sale too...

Yes as Joan says, two camps on this...

I sit on the fence.. Maybe some plays or the odd playlist but don't give them everything, it takes away the magic for some folk.. Nothing better than still going along to a venue by chance and not knowing what to expect.. Sometimes certain nights post all playlists and then you are left with knowing what you got for xmas before the 25th December..

peace x

Edited by little-stevie
Social source share

As a record fanatic, which I still believe, is covered by the remit of this site, I'm genuinely intrigued when people list a record played and then put (demo) at the end of it, are they different "takes" to the "issues"?

Des Parker

Only just seen this thread but yes Des I always have a chuckle to myself over this. Perhaps we're supposed to be impressed :yes:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

PLAYLIST - Soul Mix - Across The Board!

1. Belita Woods - Magic Corner

2. Bottom & Company - Gonna Find A True Love

3. Frederick Hymes III - Time Ain't Gonna Do Me No Favor

4. Stage IV - Just Another Guy

5. Ernie Johnson - Big Man Cry

6. Lou Ragland - Since You Said You'd Be Mine

7. The Hesitations - I'm Not Built This Way

8. El Anthony - We've Been In Love Too Long

9. Veda - What It's All About

10. New World Generation - I'm Feelin' Fine (LP Only)

11. Millionaires - And The Rains Came

12. H Andrews - Steppin' Out

13. Linda Jones - I Just Can't Live My Life (Without You Babe)

14. Dickie Wonder - Nobody Knows

15. Blossoms - That's When The Tears Start

16. Love Kittens - I Like Everything About You

17. Cojo - Play It By Ear

18. Sandy's Gang - Hungry

19. The Incredibles - Miss Treatment (LP Version)

20. Moses Smith - Come On, Let Me Love You

21. Willie Tee - First Taste Of Hurt

22. Skip Mahoney - Janice (12" Version)

23. The J's - When Did You Stop (12" Version)

24. Chosen Few - Birth Of A Playboy

25. Four Sonics - Easier Said Than Done

26. Change Of Pace - People (LP Only)

27. Willie & West - Love Bug (LP Only)

28. Barbara Howard - Light My Fire (LP Only)

29. The Aristocrats - Let's Get Together Now

30. Unknown Artist - One More Chance (10" Acetate / Rare Rillen Promo 7")

31. Dreamflight - Time

32. TSU Toronados - Please Heart Don't Break

33. Choice Of Colour - Your Love

34. Alice Clark - Don't You Care (LP Only)

35. Jesse James - If You Want A Love Affair

36. Bill Harris - Am I Cold, Am I Hot

37. Step By Step - So Very Near You (LP Only)

38. Kell Osborne - You Can't Outsmart A Woman

39. Ronnie McCain - This Time I'm Gone

40. N.A. Allen - Thanks For Nothing

41. Soul Liberation - Touch Me Again (LP Only)

42. Poison Ivy - I Only Have Eyes For You (LP Only)

43. Fish - This Is Live

... this is my latest playlist ... for more choons check my podcast section (check my signature for the link!) cheers, Matt

Edited by mattfox
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert