Karen - 1537?

• Replies 6
  • Views 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just sorting through some labels and noticed that I have 2 Karen 1537's as below:

Soul Twins - Searching For My Baby/Mr Pitiful - K 1537

The Capitols - Afro Twist/Cool Jerk Inst - this is a promo - 45-1537

Why would this be? Is one of them a "boot".

Dave Rimmer's site lists both of these also - so maybe they are both legit issues - I don't believe were booted.

https://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/karen.htm

Social source share

Just sorting through some labels and noticed that I have 2 Karen 1537's as below:

Both Legit - no worries with those :elvis:

This happened with a couple of the Karen & Carla releases.

Another is Sharon McMann - Hello Stranger/Got To Find Another Guy on Karen 1525 (with an 803K prefix). The Capitols - Zig Zagging/I Got To Handle It was also on Karen 1525.

As well as being on Karen 1537 the Soul Twins 45 you mentioned also came out on Karen 1531.

On Carla this happened with a couple of the Deon Jackson 45s:

Carla 2526 was Deon Jackson - Love Makes The World Go Round/You Said You Loved Me. However, with an 803K prefix (Carla 803K-2526) it had the different flip - Deon Jackson - Love Makes The World Go Round/Hello Stranger.

Also, happened on Carla 2527 - Deon Jackson - Love Takes A Long Time Growing/Hush Little Baby - with this one the same release number was used, again with an 803K prefix, for the Gambrells - You Better Move/Pain In My Heart.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Fuxx me ,told you Prem Stuf would tell you and he was there on the button :elvis:

Karen 1537 - The Capitols Afro Twist / Cool Jerk '68 ( Instrumental ) 1968

Karen 1537 - The Soul Twins Mr. Pitiful / Searching For My Baby 1968

Duplication with release numbers was not uncommon with Karen / Carla : it is called in record industry parlez " testicle release " ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Hi,

As well as this happening on these Karen releases it also happened on many other labels where they had local releases and national releases, another one which springs to mind is The Four Sonics "Easier said than done" on Sport 111 and The Appreciations "It's better to cry" also Sport 111.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert