• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Club play, yes Mark.

Great oldie.

:shades:

Sean

As Sean says , " ITA " was a side that received club play , but despite being a good record , it did not achieve anything massive .......

The B - side " The Corrupt Ones " , was recorded by Dusty for the film of the same name ( starring Elke Sommer , Robert Stack , Nancy Kwan , and Christian Marquand ; directed by James Hill ) The song is more memorable than the film I am afraid .......

The disc also had a US release - Philips # 40439 - in the same year as the UK release , 1967 .........

Malc Burton

post-5097-1228542984_thumb.png

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

As Sean says , " ITA " was a side that received club play , but despite being a good record , it did not achieve anything massive .......

The B - side " The Corrupt Ones " , was recorded by Dusty for the film of the same name ( starring Elke Sommer , Robert Stack , Nancy Kwan , and Christian Marquand ; directed by James Hill ) The song is more memorable than the film I am afraid .......

The disc also had a US release - Philips # 40439 - in the same year as the UK release , 1967 .........

Malc Burton

Can't find my copy at the moment, but I'm sure this was a Bobby Martin production? was it recorded in Philly ,if so, did she do anything else? didn't Barbara Acklin do it also Great TUNE!!!!!!! THANKS FOR THE REMINDER

Social source share

Can't find my copy at the moment, but I'm sure this was a Bobby Martin production? was it recorded in Philly ,if so, did she do anything else? didn't Barbara Acklin do it also Great TUNE!!!!!!! THANKS FOR THE REMINDER

bobby martin is not mentioned on the 45, it says M.Barkan and V.Millrose.

will play it out next week and give it a try, totally forgot about the song...

Social source share

bobby martin is not mentioned on the 45, it says M.Barkan and V.Millrose.

will play it out next week and give it a try, totally forgot about the song...

Dusty Springfield " I'll Try Anything " - live ..........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Can't find my copy at the moment, but I'm sure this was a Bobby Martin production? was it recorded in Philly ,if so, did she do anything else?

No producer credit on the label, like most of Dusty's singles, but I believe it was produced by Jerry Ragovoy and I think (but I'm not sure) that it was cut at the same session as "What's It Gonna Be"

Of course, Dusty did loads of things in Philly later on, a whole album and several singles worth in fact, all produced by Gamble & Huff or various members of their 'staff'. Bobby Martin was the arranger on some of those, which is what might be confusing you

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert