Betty Lloyd - I'm Catching On - On Cd?

Guest fuzzyjon

• Replies 16
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was a Colin Curtis "last hour" Blackpool Mecca spin way before Stafford played it!

For stuff like this Epic was there a quick turnover or did stuff like this get played for a while at Mecca?

My understanding of the Mecca, which is pretty sparse to be honest, was turn over was frightening, so was wondering if a record had to gain some quick popularity to get a few plays or were there certain things they stucj with?

Social source share

For stuff like this Epic was there a quick turnover or did stuff like this get played for a while at Mecca?

My understanding of the Mecca, which is pretty sparse to be honest, was turn over was frightening, so was wondering if a record had to gain some quick popularity to get a few plays or were there certain things they stucj with?

It was played for a long time - but it was not played every week - it was "mothballed" every now & then. Just when you thought it may have been dropped Colin would play it again as an unexpected treat. It was the same for records like George Wydell, Major Harris, Leroy Britten, John Stansbury, Earnest Mosely etc.

BTW Betty Lloyd is just such a brilliant record & evokes so many happy memories for me & all that "last hour" generation from The Highland Room.

Social source share

It was played for a long time - but it was not played every week - it was "mothballed" every now & then. Just when you thought it may have been dropped Colin would play it again as an unexpected treat. It was the same for records like George Wydell, Major Harris, Leroy Britten, John Stansbury, Earnest Mosely etc.

BTW Betty Lloyd is just such a brilliant record & evokes so many happy memories for me & all that "last hour" generation from The Highland Room.

I bought it for the other side....show's how much I know :lol:

Social source share

Guest bazrico

Hello,

Does anyone know if I'm Catching On by Betty Lloyd is currently available on any CD compilation?

Cheers,

Jon

:)

Would you like mp3 file???

Social source share

.....plus Bernie Williams, Denise Keeble and Beverly Wheeler to think of a few more. I bet a last hour @ The Mecca thread would throw up a few more surprises.......I don't remember the John Stansbury record though? Any good?

Ian D :huh:

Social source share

.....plus Bernie Williams, Denise Keeble and Beverly Wheeler to think of a few more. I bet a last hour @ The Mecca thread would throw up a few more surprises.......I don't remember the John Stansbury record though? Any good?

Ian D :huh:

Yea was/is a good tune - kind of funky floater - not heard it played out for a long time.

Social source share

Is that " I can't believe " ? If so very good , Sam Dees penned isn't it ? Best,Eddie

Not sure about the writer - sold my copy many moons ago.................. at the end of the record Mr Stansbury is wailing - "she took my shirt, she took my tie & said bye bye bye..........she took the whole thing" etc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert