Motown Mini Lps Wanted

Dave Moore

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me complete the set of these. I need nice clean copies of the following:

Jr Walker - Shotgun

Martha and The Vandellas - Heatwave

Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go (Cover only if necessary)

Supremes - A Bit Of Liverpool (Cover only in necessary)

Marvin Gaye - Moods of Marvin Gaye

Supremes - Supremes Sing Holland Dozier Holland

Also...if anyone has any jukebox title strips for ANY of the Motown Mini LPs I'd be interested.

Also, Also....still looking for a copy of The Miracles - Going To A Go Go on the TOPSS cardboard pic disc if anyone has one.

Any help appreciated but please don't send me a link to Ebay. :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Dave,

I've got a very clean Moods of Marvin Gaye that I'd probably part with - problem is I really don't know what its worth - its complete with title strips and the dinky LP covers.

This really is one of the times where I'd have to say "Make me an offer" - cash or a decent Northern/R&B trade.

I've also got the Crusaders one on Chisa with picture sleeve if you're interested in that as well.

Social source share

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me complete the set of these. I need nice clean copies of the following:

Jr Walker - Shotgun

Martha and The Vandellas - Heatwave

Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go (Cover only if necessary)

Supremes - A Bit Of Liverpool (Cover only in necessary)

Marvin Gaye - Moods of Marvin Gaye

Supremes - Supremes Sing Holland Dozier Holland

Also...if anyone has any jukebox title strips for ANY of the Motown Mini LPs I'd be interested.

Also, Also....still looking for a copy of The Miracles - Going To A Go Go on the TOPSS cardboard pic disc if anyone has one.

Any help appreciated but please don't send me a link to Ebay. :thumbup:

DAVE ,

OFF THREAD A BIT I KNOW, SO APOLOGIES UPFRONT

BUT HAVE YOU GOT A LIST OF WHAT WAS ISSUED IN THIS SERIES ?

CHEERS ANYWAY

PETE

Social source share

Dave,

I've got a very clean Moods of Marvin Gaye that I'd probably part with - problem is I really don't know what its worth - its complete with title strips and the dinky LP covers.

This really is one of the times where I'd have to say "Make me an offer" - cash or a decent Northern/R&B trade.

I've also got the Crusaders one on Chisa with picture sleeve if you're interested in that as well.

Hi Joe,

If it's 'complete' with the title strips how does 20 squidleys sound. Alternatively I have just found a Demo copy of Honey and The Bees - Why Do You Hurt The One You Love - Arctic and so have an issue up for trade?

Social source share

DAVE ,

OFF THREAD A BIT I KNOW, SO APOLOGIES UPFRONT

BUT HAVE YOU GOT A LIST OF WHAT WAS ISSUED IN THIS SERIES ?

CHEERS ANYWAY

PETE

Hi Pete,

I'm presuming you mean the Mini Lps? I had one, I've just searched my hardrive and I can't locate it. I'll have s further dig around my notes and see if I can find one.

Social source share

Hi Pete,

I'm presuming you mean the Mini Lps? I had one, I've just searched my hardrive and I can't locate it. I'll have s further dig around my notes and see if I can find one.

yep , the mini lps

have had a few and they're fascinating - , your thread got me wondering how many there are .

I think I've had 4 tops / choker C. / tempts / mary W.

pete

Social source share

yep , the mini lps

have had a few and they're fascinating - , your thread got me wondering how many there are .

I think I've had 4 tops / choker C. / tempts / mary W.

pete

I have 19 and I think there's about 25. (Maybe even a few more). I'll try and find the list and post it. Have you any of the TOPPS cardboards? I need the Miracles to complete? I'm also looking for the Philco Hip Pocket stuff if you have any?

Social source share

I'm also looking for the Philco Hip Pocket stuff if you have any?

I've got a bunch of those somewhere. All still sealed.

Can't remember whats on 'em. Jay & The Techniques, Dells etc. from memory?

Not seen 'em for ages.

Mmmmmmmmmmm think I'll go and have a look in me drawers! :thumbsup:

Anyone got a list?

Social source share

PocketDisc From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pocket Disc were a type of flexidisc, made by Americom Coperation and experimented with in the late 1960s by 28 major record labels, (but some major labels such as Columbia Records, RCA, Motown, and MCA chose not to participate)[1] and included pouplar artists of the era such as The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix, that were small enough (four by four inches in diameter) to carry in one's pocket or shipped in an envolope and not be as fragile, but could still be played on the standard phonograph or record player (at 33 RPM). Philco who manufactured them as "Hip Pocket Records" and sold them to be played on portable record players. The disks were sold in vending machines for 50 cents or counter displays for 49 [2] and could hold a capacity of about 3.5 minutes of music.[3] They were test marketed in several major cities, but did not catch on, they were discontinued in 1969.

Cool.

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

I have quite a few of the Hip Pocket records and keep discovering new ones. No surprise that Chess, Atlantic and Mercury seem to be the front runners as far as the soul/RnB ones are concerned. Has anyone ever seen a Philco Hip Pocket Record Player? I've seen an adverts for one but never seen one 'in the flesh' so to speak. If anyone has one I'd be intrested in buying it, or could point me in the direction of one I'd be extremely grateful.

Social source share

I have quite a few of the Hip Pocket records and keep discovering new ones. No surprise that Chess, Atlantic and Mercury seem to be the front runners as far as the soul/RnB ones are concerned. Has anyone ever seen a Philco Hip Pocket Record Player? I've seen an adverts for one but never seen one 'in the flesh' so to speak. If anyone has one I'd be intrested in buying it, or could point me in the direction of one I'd be extremely grateful.

I have one of the players, but could never get it to work. It looks like a tiny portable record player.

Social source share

philco.jpg

podipla.jpg

Chris :lol:

Edited by ChrisOD1964
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Source Advert