Baby Cakes

Suzannek

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Presume we are talkng about the same record by Lorretta Williams on Jotis?? :shades:

I didn't even know there were any more versions??

Thanx for replying. Yes I have had a listen to it on refosoul it is the same record. Just wondered if there were any other versions, anyone?

Suz :thumbsup:

x

Social source share

Presume we are talkng about the same record by Lorretta Williams on Jotis?? :shades:

I didn't even know there were any more versions??

Often wondered how the Otis Redding connection came about and how nothing came of it , 'big city' New York and 'down home' Memphis seemed an unlikely pairing, anyone throw any light on it?

Mike

ps great track mind!

Social source share

I think it's the same as Dee Dee Sharp, which used to get played back in the mists of time at either The Torch or The Mecca

Aye just had a dig about ont'internet and yes it is the same tune and another good version too, though love Maxine's version the best still.

Thanx for replying. Anymore for anymore. :shades:

Suz

x

Social source share

There also might be a version by 3 Of A Kind

3 of a kind is a nonsense Hip Hop thing, different song, Dave.

Dee dee Sharp is also a different song, cut a few years earlier, penned by Sheldon / Leon.

Rue Davis also cut a tune with the same title, but again, its different.

Loretta Williams "Baby Cakes" is an Otis Redding penned number on his own Jotis label, and recorded at Fame in Muscle Shoals.

It also came out in the UK (Red Atlantic) the 45 coupled with the immortal "I'm Missing You" making it a must have double sider.

The Maxine Brown Scepter / Wand recording never appeared on a 45, previously unreleased it was turned up by Ady & Co along with "It's Torture" early 80's (from memory).

Curiously, along with my UK issue, I also have an early 'pressing' of Loretta Williams "Baby Cakes" with Ben Aiken 'Satisfied' on the flip.

Another great double sider :D:D

:D

Sean

Social source share

Dee dee Sharp is also a different song, cut a few years earlier, penned by Sheldon / Leon.

Sean

Yes have had another listen is a different record :D That's what ya get when ya listen to a record after having a bottle of strong red wine wacko.gif:P

Thanx Sean and everyone for replying, appreciated.

Suz :(

x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert