hrtshpdbox

• Replies 9
  • Views 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

That reference sails right over my head, I'm afraid. I'm not sure how to load clips onto Soul Source, usually I "embed" a DivShare link to a site but that doesn't seem to work here. Not trying to be coy about the group's identity, just figured I'd photograph it and post it here when I get home in a couple of hours. The group hasn't been mentioned on this site and, in fact, I find no mentions on the web or in the guides I own (which are, admittedly, older editions) - and I myself know nothing abou them. I see the clip's gotten some listens, but no one has opined; I wonder if that means it's not thought too kindly of?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I see the clip's gotten some listens, but no one has opined; I wonder if that means it's not thought too kindly of?

I had a listen, thanks for posting. Not my cup of tea i'm afraid, not keen on the vocals and it's a bit bit plodding. A bit too 'poppy' for me, but that doesn't mean someone might not play it out.

Social source share

post-10095-1228433166_thumb.jpg

post-10095-1228433195_thumb.jpg

Well, as promised, the artist. Further investigation has revealed that the "Phil" on the label refers to the Phillipines, and not Philadelphia (in any case, I was imagining it sounded like something from Texas or somewhere like that). Also, I now doubt my original assumption that a Grandells from Italy must be some other band - I now think, from some bio information, that they're probably one and the same. Further, the flip (which is probably the a-side, and which seems the lesser song to me) is uploaded to youtube. And, finally, somehow when I searched Gemm this morning I didn't notice that there's a copy for sale there for 6 bucks (so my dreams of a big score evaporate, and the kids get nuttin' for Christmas this year!).

Social source share

Well, as promised, the artist. Further investigation has revealed that the "Phil" on the label refers to the Phillipines, and not Philadelphia (in any case, I was imagining it sounded like something from Texas or somewhere like that). Also, I now doubt my original assumption that a Grandells from Italy must be some other band - I now think, from some bio information, that they're probably one and the same. Further, the flip (which is probably the a-side, and which seems the lesser song to me) is uploaded to youtube. And, finally, somehow when I searched Gemm this morning I didn't notice that there's a copy for sale there for 6 bucks (so my dreams of a big score evaporate, and the kids get nuttin' for Christmas this year!).

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert