Pinnacle Records

That's my greatest dream.

I ache to find one.

Damon must be a millionaire by now. I gave him a house to live in for two years RENT FREE, flew him LOADS OF TIMES first class to New York and registered him at the New Music Seminar, took him for endless expensive meals, lent him money, produced his first ever record for him, and now that he writes for Coronation Street and Britannia High, he won't even lend me two grand so I can pay the Christmas wages to my staff.

What fools we mortals be.

You and me both LOL. :D

He virtually lived off my EMI expense account I seem to remember! I'm a believer that fate goes full circle, so it'll come back in some form or other hopefully............

Mind you, does it surprise you that much......?

Ian D :P

Social source share

• Replies 63
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just had a call from Ralph Tee saying that he's been hearing all kinds of things about rumours that Expansion/Passion are going bust because of the collapse of the Pinnacle Distribution company, and also because of it the Hilton Weekender won't be going ahead.

I've been asked to state that any rumours to this effect are categorically not true and although it hasn't been Passion Music/Expansion's best week, the collapse of Pinnacle Distribution won't affect the running of Expansion/Passion Music and the company are still in business and will remain so for the foreseeable future. Any Passion Music/Expansion stock can be ordered directly from Passion Music - their phone number is 0208 867 9361 or if anyone needs confirmation as to what's happening, then Ralph's asked me to give out his direct email which is ralph@expansion-records.co.uk

It also goes without saying that the Hilton Weekender will not be affected in any way by the collapse of Pinnacle Distribution and will be going ahead as planned.

Social source share

You and me both LOL. :D

He virtually lived off my EMI expense account I seem to remember! I'm a believer that fate goes full circle, so it'll come back in some form or other hopefully............

Mind you, does it surprise you that much......?

Yes it does, Ian, it really does, this time.

Because he's doing so well and making so much money.

In 1993, he lent me a quick five grand just for eight weeks, and charged me a grand interest on top for doing it.

Yet if I add up the money I spent on him in the past, it easily comes to more than ten thousand, not counting the house at Wesley Avenue that he lived in from 1985 to 1987 without paying a penny in rent, him, Helen, and the baby Lauren.

The fact that he started superciliously lecturing me when I asked him to lend me a lousy two grand will stick in my throat forever now, and I wish someone would tell him how I feel.

He's making a bloody fortune and he doesn't give a damn who helped him. I'm so pissed off about this, I can't even put it into words.

Social source share

Yes it does, Ian, it really does, this time.

Because he's doing so well and making so much money.

In 1993, he lent me a quick five grand just for eight weeks, and charged me a grand interest on top for doing it.

Yet if I add up the money I spent on him in the past, it easily comes to more than ten thousand, not counting the house at Wesley Avenue that he lived in from 1985 to 1987 without paying a penny in rent, him, Helen, and the baby Lauren.

The fact that he started superciliously lecturing me when I asked him to lend me a lousy two grand will stick in my throat forever now, and I wish someone would tell him how I feel.

He's making a bloody fortune and he doesn't give a damn who helped him. I'm so pissed off about this, I can't even put it into words.

Well that's a different scenario and I sympathise with you in that case. In my experience you've always been extremely generous to lots of people and especially Damon. You'd have thought with all the meals, trips and other things you've sprung for in the past when he wasn't doing that well that he'd have at least forgone the lecture!

It's beyond me mate but it doesn't really surprise me. Some people are just like that. If I had £2K spare I'd lend it to you in a second.

If it's any consolation I got "Cafe Regio's" into Juno today and should have a HUGE export order coming shortly. Still pushing for those all elusive radio plays as well. I just can't understand why Craig Charles hasn't spun it yet - I'd have thought it would fit in perfectly with his show............

Something'll break for ya shortly. I can feel it in my bones.......

And on the positive side, at least we weren't caught up in the Woolworths/Entertainment UK/Pinnacle/Windsong disasters of the last 10 days, so we're still alive and kicking!

Keep the faith baby!

Ian D :thumbsup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

And on the positive side, at least we weren't caught up in the Woolworths/Entertainment UK/Pinnacle/Windsong disasters of the last 10 days, so we're still alive and kicking!

You might not have been, but both "Northern Soul 2008" and "Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers" most certainly were.

Social source share

Probably because he's listened to it . . . .

Now Roger.....

You wouldn't want me to feel the same way about you as Simon White does, now would you ???

Social source share

I hope PIAS can handle the new business coming in as a result of Pinnacle collapsing, & that they manage to stay afloat long term... last I heard, they weren't exactly doing great!

I think PIAS have a more diverse business model than many others, so who knows. One thing's for certain: there are too many distributors with too many overheads for todays declining market, so more will go bust.

Right now I'm watching EMI like a hawk. It's difficult to understand and compute how the venture capital firm Terra Firma will be able to claw back the £3.2 billion they paid for EMI last year and the further £2.5 billion in interest, running costs and overhead charges they've racked up to date. So, by my calculations, they'll need to clear almost £6 billion to get into the black again and they'll have to flog multiple downloads to every person in the world to achieve that IMO.......

Makes my problems pale in comparison.........

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

I think PIAS have a more diverse business model than many others, so who knows. One thing's for certain: there are too many distributors with too many overheads for todays declining market, so more will go bust.

Right now I'm watching EMI like a hawk. It's difficult to understand and compute how the venture capital firm Terra Firma will be able to claw back the £3.2 billion they paid for EMI last year and the further £2.5 billion in interest, running costs and overhead charges they've racked up to date. So, by my calculations, they'll need to clear almost £6 billion to get into the black again and they'll have to flog multiple downloads to every person in the world to achieve that IMO.......

Makes my problems pale in comparison.........

Lets just stick to making Northern Soul - even though we get pilloried and lambasted for that too.

Peter Lamarr RULES.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert