boba

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Bob,

I don't recognise it either but it's certainly got a Curtis Mayfield / Impressions influence.

It sounds quite early 60's to me, which could have some bearing on the 'Batman' title.

There's also a touch of Major Lance's "Monkey Time" & The Impressions "Woman's got soul" in there.

Not a bad tune really I suppose...

I wonder who's actually singing?

Social source share

Hi Bob,

Its a good tune, and I did give it a good eyeballing, but thing is this... tracks about new dance crazes have never really hit down well on our scene, I think its because they're deemed to lack soul. I kind of agree with that sentiment.

ATB Andy

====

As simon cowell once said distinctly average - $280 plluueeezzee

sorry didnt like it

Edited by wiganer1
Social source share

Hi Bob,

Its a good tune, and I did give it a good eyeballing, but thing is this... tracks about new dance crazes have never really hit down well on our scene, I think its because they're deemed to lack soul. I kind of agree with that sentiment.

ATB Andy

There are,of course, exceptions but generally I'd agree" Dance Craze" tunes don't do much for me either.

(Although you should see me Temptation Walk :lol: )

ATB

Tony

Social source share

Hi Bob,

ATB Andy

Yeah like The Swim, The Bingo, The Whip, The Cool Jerk, That Beating Rhythm, ahh There was A Time.

Social source share

Hi Bob,

ATB Andy

sounded soulful to me. anyways, my opinion about what's northern doesn't matter, it sounded like a good song to me though. i guess others must have agreed with all of you though. thanks.

Social source share

Hi Bob,

ATB Andy

One of my foibles too I'm afraid, no matter how good somethings starts off like; as soon as the vocals start with "Do the monkey/jerk/swim etc etc" I just go cold. Dunno why :thumbsup:

Social source share

One of my foibles too I'm afraid, no matter how good somethings starts off like; as soon as the vocals start with "Do the monkey/jerk/swim etc etc" I just go cold. Dunno why :thumbsup:

no one here had a problem with the larks the penguin that manship sold recently. if anyone wants to sell me the pretenders temptation walk for cheap because it is so horrible, feel free to pm me.

Social source share

Well, one thing is for sure its definitely trying to catch up on the Batman Watusi dance craze that was going on the first part of the sixties, also called the "Batusi". So keeping that in mind I wouldn`t be too surprised to see this not being too rare at all, having been released officially or being hidden on some flipside.

The tune itself is nice but nth to get too excited about IMO.

Marc

Social source share

Well, one thing is for sure its definitely trying to catch up on the Batman Watusi dance craze that was going on the first part of the sixties, also called the "Batusi". So keeping that in mind I wouldn`t be too surprised to see this not being too rare at all, having been released officially or being hidden on some flipside.

The tune itself is nice but nth to get too excited about IMO.

Marc

it was a FAT MAN record not a BAT MAN record, right? there was a dance called the FAT MAN that had nothing do with BATMAN. why is everyone saying it is a Batman record? Am I not hearing the record correctly? I doubt it was released also, I would probably know a record like this.

Social source share

on the mp3 it says "batman".Sound like it to me :g: .

i must have misheard (I can't listen at work now). i agree 'batman' is sort of cheesy. still was soulful though, obviously not an amazing record, just a nice sounding rarity for me (e.g. like the pretenders 'temptation walk').

Social source share

no one here had a problem with the larks the penguin that manship sold recently. if anyone wants to sell me the pretenders temptation walk for cheap because it is so horrible, feel free to pm me.

Maybe it IS the Larks...I mean, they did the 'Penguin' now the 'Batman'...there's a theme there somewhere I'm sure.... :g:

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Hey I don't mind it Bob, I kinda like the recording more than the song but its really bugging me who it is and I know the voice. I have narrowed it down to a set of CD's and I can only find one at home the other must been at work, I think I can place the track after the singer's song.

lead singer of the Vows...what's his name!

Social source share

i must have misheard (I can't listen at work now). i agree 'batman' is sort of cheesy. still was soulful though, obviously not an amazing record, just a nice sounding rarity for me (e.g. like the pretenders 'temptation walk').

what was I thinking, he not only says 'batman watusi' in the record but he says the guy is from the 'funny books'.

either way, it still sounds good, if anyone figures out if this is released (I don't think so), let me know.

Social source share

what was I thinking, he not only says 'batman watusi' in the record but he says the guy is from the 'funny books'.

either way, it still sounds good, if anyone figures out if this is released (I don't think so), let me know.

I think it's a nice record, good production. I understand it's a test pressing so there must be some run-out details that may help to identify it?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert