Artistics - help Please

Jez Jones

Was just using the new refosoul video clip thingy from youtube etc and came across this. I thought I was familiar with 'most' of the Artistics work'. (don't be confused with title of the clip) it most certainly aint that :lol:

however this has got me beat. Its fookin tremendous :thumbsup: . I am sure its well known on here lads and lasses----so can you enlighten me please :)

Think I may be turning from a northern soul dinosaur to a northern soul chameleon :lol::lol: This is brill

thanking you in anticipation

Jez

Edited by jez jones
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was just using the new refosoul video clip thingy from youtube etc and came across this. I thought I was familiar with 'most' of the Artistics work'. (don't be confused with title of the clip) it most certainly aint that :)

however this has got me beat. Its fookin tremendous :thumbsup: . I am sure its well known on here lads and lasses----so can you enlighten me please :no:

Think I may be turning from a northern soul dinosaur to a northern soul chameleon :lol::lol: This is brill

thanking you in anticipation

Jez

"On And On" off the pictured LP :lol:

steve

Social source share

I've never heard that one. There's a copy on gemm at $75+, I don't want to take the chance !

27860.jpg

This is easily as good as their first Brunswick LP, and is probably the toughest of their Brunswick LPs to come across as it was their last and the group would disintegrate not long after.

I suspect Brunswick weren't too interested in them by this time in the early 70s and Brunswick were concentrating their efforts on their money spinning act the Chi Lites.

This is a fantastic LP , and like Jackie Wilson's superb LP from the same time , it was essentially the work of almost-genius Jeff Perry (aka Jeffree).

The LP includes the superb this "Love Is Mine" , just to name one track, in quality worth more than any 3000 pound 45 you want to name.

And in time honoured Brunswick tradition the company threw in Im Gonna Miss You and Girl I Need You on the LP !

I recommend it unreservedly ! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert