Soulful House/garage

• Replies 280
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

or have you been hanging with the chosen few at the LOFT???

No...I was standing in a field with an electric generator...a DJ and not much else... before there were even clubs to go to... :lol:

Social source share

Guest cardysharpy

There were coaches going to the Hacienda back as far as 1983, from the Midlands anyway, I was surprised to find some of the old northern soulies went there, but it was mainly for indie music. Plus it was featured on the Tube a couple of times. I think Madonna did her very first ever UK tv appearancefrom the Hacienda, I remember thinking it was just badly mimed rubbish.

Pete, I know now about the history of the Hacienda but in the context of me as a 20 year old I didn't I didn't need to because there was plenty going on in london.

I replied to Beeks point because I find the whole "we started it first" thing tiresome. The fact is teens have always been obsessed with "the new thing" and with music if it was on an obscure import all the better. Because of this I'm sure that Manchester youth and London youth would have had access to very similar records at the same time and consequently adopted it into their own regional scenes. Until the internet went and messed it all up!

Social source share

To the neutral it seems he obviously does know what he's talking about having gained knowledge first hand not second hand...

Eh? How do you know my knowledge is second hand? A bit of it is as I haven't been to any clubs in the US and neither has Mr. Beeks.

And how do you know he knows what he is talking about when you don't know what he is talking about???

Social source share

Pete, I know now about the history of the Hacienda but in the context of me as a 20 year old I didn't I didn't need to because there was plenty going on in london.

No I only replied because you said you thought the general public wouldn't have heard of it, but I think the majority had - I'd never dream of going there but I did know about it.

Social source share

Eh? How do you know my knowledge is second hand? A bit of it is as I haven't been to any clubs in the US and neither has Mr. Beeks.

And how do you know he knows what he is talking about when you don't know what he is talking about???

Why are all you housies so rude and aggressive?

Social source share

Difficult to get a perspective on the UK house scene at the time when living in Germany though eh? :lol:

Social source share

You RAVER! (and I mean that as an offense)

Again...brush up on the UK history of house music...Acid House 1988...warehouse and field parties...illegal and pre club culture...the very start of a recognised movement in the UK...the birth...and what eventually grew up into what you listen to today...so you could say you're my bastard child :lol:

Social source share

Errr....I'm sorry,but I dont know who I am,you are or he is nor do I have a clue what I/you/he am/are/is talking about now either! :Pwink.gif Anyone else lost? :lol:

Social source share

Again...brush up on the UK history of house music...Acid House 1988...warehouse and field parties...illegal and pre club culture...the very start of a recognised movement in the UK...the birth...and what eventually grew up into what you listen to today...so you could say you're my bastard child :lol:

Since when are we talking about the UK history here??? I thought it was about SOULFUL house? Which is clearly a US thing..Acid House kinda sucks. Never really liked it. 88 had already club culture in the USA..quite a while before actually.

Social source share

Guest cardysharpy

No I only replied because you said you thought the general public wouldn't have heard of it, but I think the majority had - I'd never dream of going there but I did know about it.

My post was in the context of youths in London discovering house music Pete. And from my own perspective and that of my mates, it wasn't on our radar. Your example of the Madonna performance is a superb example as to why! :lol:

Social source share

For once Derek...I happen to know what i'm talking about :lol:

If you know so much about it (and I've got no reason to think that you don't), then why not try to be constructive and share your wisdom? Why not simply help Dave out with say 5 top tunes that you used to love so much when you were the only person into it in 1938, rather than banging on about how great you are/were and how it's all total shite nowadays.

Maybe Dave can then make his own mind up as to whether soulful house is for him or not. Easy. And helpful to someone who is at least attempting to delve into something that might be off his usual beaten track. You've obviously got knowledge, so why not use it positively? ........

I remember similar comments about the northern/modern scene all being kak/old hat/past it's sell by date or whatever back in the early 90's when we were doing nights with 20 people turning up. Good job we didn't listen and give up then or those who are recently 'reborn' or who are 'seeing the light' might not have had anything to tag onto now.....

Social source share

If you know so much about it (and I've got no reason to think that you don't), then why not try to be constructive and share your wisdom? Why not simply help Dave out with say 5 top tunes that you used to love so much when you were the only person into it in 1938, rather than banging on about how great you are/were and how it's all total shite nowadays.

Maybe Dave can then make his own mind up as to whether soulful house is for him or not. Easy. And helpful to someone who is at least attempting to delve into something that might be off his usual beaten track. You've obviously got knowledge, so why not use it positively? ........

I remember similar comments about the northern/modern scene all being kak/old hat/past it's sell by date or whatever back in the early 90's when we were doing nights with 20 people turning up. Good job we didn't listen and give up then or those who are recently 'reborn' or who are 'seeing the light' might not have had anything to tag onto now.....

Not a bad idea actually Steve...will have a think...try and get some soundfiles and post them up...but like i've mentioned previously...will be tough...most of the tracks back then I loathe now...but I'm sure I can pick through a handful :lol:

Social source share

Btw I prefer Soul to House any day of the week and even when I was in the Deep House scene I always prefered Disco to House. So I'm not a "Knight of the House grail" here or something. I like it a lot though and I know my stuff..and mentioned records and started 2 Soulful House related threads..things are getting a bit too personal for me on here though.

Social source share

To the neutral it seems he obviously does know what he's talking about having gained knowledge first hand not second hand...

You made that track yet Pete..

Oh he knows alright. Cept it's a distorted truth. Tis is 2008 as i keep saying. Not 1988. House music has grown up, no longer made by kids with toys it's now made by musicians. It's evolving and getting Deeper and Deeper and dare i say. More Soulful.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

You made that track yet Pete..

Oh he knows alright. Cept it's a distorted truth. Tis is 2008 as i keep saying. Not 1988. House music has grown up, no longer made by kids with toys it's now made by musicians. It's evolving and getting Deeper and Deeper and dare i say. More Soulful.

Don't call Larry Heard or Chez n Trent kids with toys! That is blasphemy! And you don't need a band to put Soul into music. For example a 1968 Porsche 911 has lots of soul for me but it is just a machine for others :lol:

Social source share

Not a bad idea actually Steve...will have a think...try and get some soundfiles and post them up...but like i've mentioned previously...will be tough...most of the tracks back then I loathe now...but I'm sure I can pick through a handful biggrin.gif

Well done m8! Share the love! :P

The world's in far too fucked up a mess at the moment for folk to be falling out about whether 6ts/ 7ts/ rumba / bolero / cha-cha-cha or whatever is the holy grail of tuneliness. Personally I'm sick of hearing all the day to day poo in the tumble-dryer of life so let's have a musical group hug and share what we all find is the best of our own favoured bits & bobs! :lol:

We're all in this together comrades........

Steve Woomble

News At Ten

Social source share

Don't call Larry Heard or Chez n Trent kids with toys! That is blasphemy! And you don't need a band to put Soul into music. For example a 1968 Porsche 911 has lots of soul for me but it is just a machine for others :lol:

Not my quote but a quote from Marshall Jefferson.. Which is kinda true.. although Larry Heard was a trained musician the majority wasn't. But practise makes perfect and with the likes of MAW, Blaze even Carl Craig they have moved on musically from the early days.

Social source share

Guest familytree

You're absolutely right Cunnie...it was...but Ministry opened its Doors in 1991...by then the superclubs of House were already more than established ie The Hacienda...so when it opened...the horse had already bolted from the stable...Cream was the same...shit club opened after it had already happened :lol:

Beeks the Hacienda was nothing like Ministry.... So what horse had already bolted?...for one the sound was bloody awful at the Hacienda... and i dont just mean the sound system!... no similarity what so ever... I went to the Hac when it opened and it was novel as far as a 'super club' stylee and it being the place to be socially but it had a dodgy music policy. I went to Misitry's opening night and it was a breath of fresh air... for one they cared about the sound! for the other they played house music at its best.

you keep saying house and blackburn in the same breath, it was rave! and not very soulful at all ( i went there too).. underground?! every kid in the area went. We had put on warehouse parties in the north west well before blackburn and had the likes of Laselle playing with us, bands on like 'black britain, they were soulful nights I assure you. You cannot say house is dead just because record shops have shut... news is its all C.Ds and downloads/mail order for vynl but thats getting harder and harder to buy now for most music genres so that is no indication of the state of house, nor is what lies in your attic gathering dust Im afraid because all you mention, ie the Hacienda/Blackburn raves indicates to me you were not buying soulful house in the first place. There is huge insite in your comment about the stuff you collected from that era being locked up in the attic and you wouldnt touch it... how many on here who collected from the same time would say that unless its as i suspect and we are singing from completely different hymn sheets and your arguement stems from your experience/record collection of the time and we defend our own, two completely different experiences/collections etc. I find it a complete insult to the producers/artists who make great soul music in the states that people in England think they can tell them/label what genre they are covering... talk to them and tell them they are not into soul music... they would be horrified and very insulted. the arguement as to whether soulful house has a place at a soul night is by the by... we know it does and some cant even imagine it so lets continue to let our feet do the talking. It amuses me that 'modern soul' is accepted along side Northern nights..... now there i see a huge gap! but thats another story. i do know that when N.S was included at southport the younger punters could dig it because it was up there in pace/tempo, and these guys where into house.. spooky!

Social source share

So you see for spotty teenagers wanting to get off their heads and dance around an aircraft hangar then I suppose it's spot on...for anyone else it needs a wide berth

By heck Beeks, I was wondering why I still get spots when I'm 41! It's obviously all that bloody soulful house & garage I've been dancing to. I'll give it a wide berth in future then. No more Clearasil for me! :lol:

Social source share

Beeks the Hacienda was nothing like Ministry.... So what horse had already bolted?...for one the sound was bloody awful at the Hacienda... and i dont just mean the sound system!... no similarity what so ever... I went to the Hac when it opened and it was novel as far as a 'super club' stylee and it being the place to be socially but it had a dodgy music policy. I went to Misitry's opening night and it was a breath of fresh air... for one they cared about the sound! for the other they played house music at its best.

you keep saying house and blackburn in the same breath, it was rave! and not very soulful at all ( i went there too).. underground?! every kid in the area went. We had put on warehouse parties in the north west well before blackburn and had the likes of Laselle playing with us, bands on like 'black britain, they were soulful nights I assure you. You cannot say house is dead just because record shops have shut... news is its all C.Ds and downloads/mail order for vynl but thats getting harder and harder to buy now for most music genres so that is no indication of the state of house, nor is what lies in your attic gathering dust Im afraid because all you mention, ie the Hacienda/Blackburn raves indicates to me you were not buying soulful house in the first place. There is huge insite in your comment about the stuff you collected from that era being locked up in the attic and you wouldnt touch it... how many on here who collected from the same time would say that unless its as i suspect and we are singing from completely different hymn sheets and your arguement stems from your experience/record collection of the time and we defend our own, two completely different experiences/collections etc. I find it a complete insult to the producers/artists who make great soul music in the states that people in England think they can tell them/label what genre they are covering... talk to them and tell them they are not into soul music... they would be horrified and very insulted. the arguement as to whether soulful house has a place at a soul night is by the by... we know it does and some cant even imagine it so lets continue to let our feet do the talking. It amuses me that 'modern soul' is accepted along side Northern nights..... now there i see a huge gap! but thats another story. i do know that when N.S was included at southport the younger punters could dig it because it was up there in pace/tempo, and these guys where into house.. spooky!

The most intelligent post on this thread..

Social source share

true house music like any other music is made as an artform, not purely pumped out for commercial gain. to criticise house as chart music or disco tripe is just showing how ignorant a person is of the music they are saying they despise. the same is true for any musical genre, it's possible it may have been made to maximise profit by selling lots of records ala philly in the 70's, but there is always the quality aspect that is in the forefront. the music that is made with this primary reason in mind is the music that is the cream of the crop, whenever it was made. this is why there is such a strong attachment to these music styles, like 60's soul, disco, modern soul, house, etc - because they all offer great moments of musical inspiration within their own self-imposed boundaries.

but house music is, more than the others, primarily made to be heard in the right social environment through a big sound system, so it suffers from more criticism from those that do not get to hear it that way. it's all part of the same musical line. take 'the love i lost' - if they had not mixed the hi-hat too high by mistake, that sound may never have taken off the way it did at the time, but it created something new. it's almost like a single inspirational and accidental link between soul music before and disco and house music afterwards.

but let's not pretent that because that link exists, these diverse sounds will necessarily work in a single room for all the people there, there are too many people who only want to hear one sound and will react against anything else. that doesn't make them any better or worse than anyone else, it's just what they want to hear. what can make your eyes roll is when something is criticised inanely with nothing to really back it up other than the incorrect line of 'it's just chart music'. joe claussell or kerri chandler will not be appearing on your tv anyday soon on a saturday teatime as incidental music on the lottery draw, just as the ringleaders or arthur russell didn't get any exposure either.

if the sixties fans want to blame anyone for house music, blame gamble and huff, they invented disco :lol:

cheers Sutty

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

My point exactly! :lol: Glad you're here! yes.gif See Beeks, she spots the raver in you as well!

Social source share

I went to Misitry's opening night and it was a breath of fresh air... for one they cared about the sound! for the other they played house music at its best.

Of course they did and of course they got it right...why? Because they already had a blueprint laid out on what works by clubs like the Hacienda who tweaked the sound around for years before...it's easy to get it right when you know what works...

Social source share

Guest familytree

Yeah yeah.... Not dismissing it at all. I know it's place in History.The House scene has moved on. It's 2008 not 88. Acid House came and went along with the Glow sticks. Like i told ya i never went i went to Bradford.. They Played House and Northern Soul together.. Kinda pisses on your argument don't it..

Hey i went there... wasnt it Barry upstairs??... a great night/mix

Social source share

My point exactly! :lol: Glad you're here! yes.gif See Beeks, she spots the raver in you as well!

If you call the sounds of Strictly Rhythm and Tribal records rave then rave on...only thing they played in the Hac was cutting edge Garage and House music...must admit...never liked the Saturdays with Graeme Park...but Friday night...Mike Pickering...was legendary

Social source share

Of course they did and of course they got it right...why? Because they already had a blueprint laid out on what works by clubs like the Hacienda who tweaked the sound around for years before...it's easy to get it right when you know what works...

The sound at the MOS has got fck all to do with the Hacienda.. Berkman bought the sound system from the Paradise Garage after it closed and installed it in South London.

Sutty it just takes a decent Dj..

Edited by Guest
Social source share

The sound at the MOS has got fck all to do with the Hacienda.. Berkman bought the sound system from the Paradise Garage after it closed and installed it in South London.

The Old Hac vs MOS debate will rage forever more...absolutely noone is disputing the fact the Sound System in the MOS was better than any club in the UK let alone the Hac...I actually went to the MOS back in the day and enjoyed myself...but the MOS back then compared to the commercial monster it has become is no comparison...MOS now is just another Gatecrasher

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

Sutty it just takes a decent Dj..

i'd love to totally agree with you Tony but... you really cannot change some people's opinions on what they feel and they will never accept music outside certain era's or genres in many cases. i understand that you had that 'wtf!' elation many years ago, but for some, it just ain't gonna happen. they're happy and that's that, leave them to whatever they want to hear and find other people in another place. you are right to some extent, but the odds are stacked against you, but good luck and enjoy the journey cos that's what counts! :lol:

Social source share

The Old Hac vs MOS debate will rage forever more...absolutely noone is disputing the fact the Sound System in the MOS was better than any club in the UK let alone the Hac...I actually went to the MOS back in the day and enjoyed myself...but the MOS back then compared to the commercial monster it has become is no comparison...MOS now is just another Gatecrasher

There is no MOS Hacienda debate cos no one apart from yaself cares..

I go where i damn well please. I go to nights not because i should be seen or because it's the place to go, i go to hear the music and to see certain Dj's or have a laugh with me mates. I couldn't give two craps what you think the MOS is or has become, it has it's place in History. One night i may go to MOS, the next night 100 club allniter.. Following week some Jazz Funk night in Ilford or shlep up North to Warrington or go to a weekender.. You know why. .Cos i can. I know my History and i know what music i like an i don't need some jumped up plank like Pete S or some two bob wanna be Soul boy that's taken too much exstacy telling me what Soul music is or isn't.

Social source share

i'd love to totally agree with you Tony but... you really cannot change some people's opinions on what they feel and they will never accept music outside certain era's or genres in many cases. i understand that you had that 'wtf!' elation many years ago, but for some, it just ain't gonna happen. they're happy and that's that, leave them to whatever they want to hear and find other people in another place. you are right to some extent, but the odds are stacked against you, but good luck and enjoy the journey cos that's what counts! :lol:

I already found those People Paul.. Like i've said before i can understand being into a certain sound or collect a certain label. Or wanting to go out and listen to nothing but Motown or cross over but at least know where things are in relation to everything else. To deny a whole portion of ones own music is plain mental.

Social source share

I go where i damn well please. I go to nights not because i should be seen or because it's the place to go, i go to hear the music and to see certain Dj's or have a laugh with me mates. I couldn't give two craps what you think the MOS is or has become, it has it's place in History. One night i may go to MOS, the next night 100 club allniter.. Following week some Jazz Funk night in Ilford or shlep up North to Warrington or go to a weekender.. You know why. .Cos i can. I know my History and i know what music i like an i don't need some jumped up plank like Pete S or some two bob wanna be Soul boy that's taken too much exstacy telling me what Soul music is or isn't.

Errrr....You want to see your Doctor about maybe some valium before you go anywhere mate :lol:laugh.gif:P:yes:

Social source share

Guest familytree

Ha ha you are exsasperating!... yes the Ministry took lessons from the hac... HOW NOT TO DO IT! :lol: I agree fridays with mike where better nights at the Hac.. that may be because he bought lots of tunes from us... will you not admit a little defeat here??????? sad.gif

Social source share

There is no MOS Hacienda debate cos no one apart from yaself cares..

MOS is really rubbish now! Bad, bad, music..you might as well go to Gatecrasher, yeah. Plastic People has good people on sometimes and there is a night called "Visions". Gotta check when and where that is. They play lots of Disco too..

Everyone else interested in House music can have a nosy at www.djhistory.com (Bill Brewsters page) or www.deephousepage.com a website with loads of mixes, info etc.

have fun :lol:

Social source share

Errrr....You want to see your Doctor about maybe some valium before you go anywhere mate :lol:laugh.gif:P:yes:

If i want Valium i'll go to a cross over night and bore meself to death.

Social source share

Ha ha you are exsasperating!... yes the Ministry took lessons from the hac... HOW NOT TO DO IT! :lol: I agree fridays with mike where better nights at the Hac.. that may be because he bought lots of tunes from us... will you not admit a little defeat here??????? :P

I have no idea what i'm admitting to? laugh.gif

Social source share

MOS is really rubbish now! Bad, bad, music..you might as well go to Gatecrasher, yeah. Plastic People has good people on sometimes and there is a night called "Visions". Gotta check when and where that is. They play lots of Disco too..

Everyone else interested in House music can have a nosy at www.djhistory.com (Bill Brewsters page) or www.deephousepage.com a website with loads of mixes, info etc.

have fun :lol:

Only time i go to MOS is if SoulHeavens on. I get a squeeze and i have a giggle with few of the Dj's i know.. Or if Humphries plays there, though each to their own.

Social source share

Kev..

Pacha London and the countries leading soulful house producer Neil Pierce & Friends proudly presents 'YouGotSoul? for a night of pure unadulterated deep & uplifting soul.

For over the past 5 years Neil has been one of the leading lights in the UK soulful house scene pushing the finest of beats across the worlds biggest clubs with his uniquely blissed soul house sound. Working with artists such as Blaze, Kimara Lovelace, KOT, Kenny Bobien, Roy Ayers and Stephanie Cooke, as well as home-grown talent such as Terri Walker, Kele le Roc and Jamiroquai its clear to see his talents are in the highest of demand. With releases across major House labels including; Sony, Defected, BBE, ZR, Def Jam, Soulgroove and of course Soul Heaven Records.

For this very special exclusive, we have carefully selected an array of our favourite friends, collaborators and fellow rising stars to join Neil behind decks at Pacha for a night of pure epic soulful proportions!

First of which is rising star Dave Lynam, this undeniable talent is one of the most exciting DJ's and producers on the London Soulful House scene today. As well as his residency at Soulogic, Dave has played at across the globe from Paris to New Jersey and at most of the top nights such as Soul City, Bobby & Steve and friends and Soul Heaven and Angel Delight. Lynam's productions talents under alias Prototype with Jazz Pianist Jzules are setting the industry and dance floors alight with their undeniable unique soulful sound. And if their new track 'Still In Love' featuring James Coleman is anything to go by then expect only big things from this man on the night.

Starring alongside Neil Pierce and Dave Lynam we have our firm favourite and soulful institution himself Mr Sy Sez! Like a true underground hero Sy began his journey like many broadcasting on the pirate network airwaves in his early years.

From here he built up a following for his sound, which would take him to the top of his game. Now resident at Soulheaven, Stereo Sushi and Kinky Malinki amongst others Sy is one of the countries hardest working DJs & producers. With studio productions alongside Neil and Aaron Ross as the Fanatixs and his own productions alongside Gavin Peters as AphroDisiax, the future is bright for this rising star.

Featuring in the mezzanine terrace we have our very special friends, Funki Jedi hosting their monthly event at our terrace arena. Expect to hear the rarest of grooves fused with funk and soul with guests MR P and Ronnie Herrel from BBC Radio 1 Xtra plus LX and deeptouchsoul head honcho Varon V.

Expect the coolest nocturnal glitterati partying from dusk till dawn to the hottest winter soulful soundtrack!

YouGotSoul? Well have you...?

The Ballroom: YouGotSoul?

***Deep Soulful House ***

Neil Pierce

(Soul Heaven)

Dave Lynham

(Soulogic)

Sy Sez

(Soul Heaven)

Danny Ryan

(YGS?)

Gary Gasparo

(deeptouchsoul)

Dominic Spreadlove

(YGS?)

Andy Cruise

(Baldeelox)

+very special surprise guests

Global Room: Hosted by Funki Jedi

*** Funk, Soul, Rare-Grooves ***

Mr P

(BBC Radio 1Xtra)

LX

(YGS?)

Ronnie Herel

(BBC Radio 1Xtra)

Social source share

Kev..

Pacha London and the countries leading soulful house producer Neil Pierce & Friends proudly presents 'YouGotSoul? for a night of pure unadulterated deep & uplifting soul.

For over the past 5 years Neil has been one of the leading lights in the UK soulful house scene pushing the finest of beats across the worlds biggest clubs with his uniquely blissed soul house sound. Working with artists such as Blaze, Kimara Lovelace, KOT, Kenny Bobien, Roy Ayers and Stephanie Cooke, as well as home-grown talent such as Terri Walker, Kele le Roc and Jamiroquai its clear to see his talents are in the highest of demand. With releases across major House labels including; Sony, Defected, BBE, ZR, Def Jam, Soulgroove and of course Soul Heaven Records.

For this very special exclusive, we have carefully selected an array of our favourite friends, collaborators and fellow rising stars to join Neil behind decks at Pacha for a night of pure epic soulful proportions!

First of which is rising star Dave Lynam, this undeniable talent is one of the most exciting DJ's and producers on the London Soulful House scene today. As well as his residency at Soulogic, Dave has played at across the globe from Paris to New Jersey and at most of the top nights such as Soul City, Bobby & Steve and friends and Soul Heaven and Angel Delight. Lynam's productions talents under alias Prototype with Jazz Pianist Jzules are setting the industry and dance floors alight with their undeniable unique soulful sound. And if their new track 'Still In Love' featuring James Coleman is anything to go by then expect only big things from this man on the night.

Starring alongside Neil Pierce and Dave Lynam we have our firm favourite and soulful institution himself Mr Sy Sez! Like a true underground hero Sy began his journey like many broadcasting on the pirate network airwaves in his early years.

From here he built up a following for his sound, which would take him to the top of his game. Now resident at Soulheaven, Stereo Sushi and Kinky Malinki amongst others Sy is one of the countries hardest working DJs & producers. With studio productions alongside Neil and Aaron Ross as the Fanatixs and his own productions alongside Gavin Peters as AphroDisiax, the future is bright for this rising star.

Featuring in the mezzanine terrace we have our very special friends, Funki Jedi hosting their monthly event at our terrace arena. Expect to hear the rarest of grooves fused with funk and soul with guests MR P and Ronnie Herrel from BBC Radio 1 Xtra plus LX and deeptouchsoul head honcho Varon V.

Expect the coolest nocturnal glitterati partying from dusk till dawn to the hottest winter soulful soundtrack!

YouGotSoul? Well have you...?

The Ballroom: YouGotSoul?

***Deep Soulful House ***

Neil Pierce

(Soul Heaven)

Dave Lynham

(Soulogic)

Sy Sez

(Soul Heaven)

Danny Ryan

(YGS?)

Gary Gasparo

(deeptouchsoul)

Dominic Spreadlove

(YGS?)

Andy Cruise

(Baldeelox)

+very special surprise guests

Global Room: Hosted by Funki Jedi

*** Funk, Soul, Rare-Grooves ***

Mr P

(BBC Radio 1Xtra)

LX

(YGS?)

Ronnie Herel

(BBC Radio 1Xtra)

Sounds kinda commercial...

Social source share

Guest familytree

I have no idea what i'm admitting to? :lol:

Just admit it and i will fill you in with the details later?!..... in a nutshell!.... We where all about at the same time doing/listening to different things so collecting different things. by your own admittion you were off your head havin fun so those ears of yours were not functioning perfectly... since you have come round you have listened to what you bought and wouldnt touch it with a barge pole! fair enough, Im sure you had a ball as we all did but 20 years on the big difference is we treasure what we bought because we bought well! it stood the test of time (bar a few crap ones... not all perfect but I may have been drunk!) We are defending what we know to be soulful... you are defending what???... the stuff collecting dust in the attic! Im with you there... its probably horrid... so we agree at last biggrin.gif

Social source share