• Replies 19
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest bazrico

its a waste of time reporting them, ebay seem to do little most of the time. Maybe worth asking for a listing of the 57 albums, maybe Kent etc can then do something if their material on it.

HI Hope you enjoy this 67 cds please seed as long as possiblehttps://open.tracker.thepiratebay.org

Tracker Rate:1407/815

From what i can see the cds are goldmine found them on torrent reactor.net i have just spent a few minutes there is a vast amount northern soul on this site

Edited by bazrico
Social source share

Hi Pete

Haven't seen that book cover in years, have you got the Smoothies one as well (Bit off thread I know)

A few years ago, I started a thread saying that we should collectively bombard Ebay when we saw boot legging. Was told by many on here, including several major contributors, to grow up and it was just part of the scene.

Dave

Social source share

Hi Pete

Haven't seen that book cover in years, have you got the Smoothies one as well (Bit off thread I know)

A few years ago, I started a thread saying that we should collectively bombard Ebay when we saw boot legging. Was told by many on here, including several major contributors, to grow up and it was just part of the scene.

Dave

I lost all of those books Dave except for Suefehead which I've definitely got and one called Top Gear Skins which I think I've got (It's terrible) but they did reissue all of the Richard Allen books as an anthology a few years back

Social source share

I lost all of those books Dave except for Suefehead which I've definitely got and one called Top Gear Skins which I think I've got (It's terrible) but they did reissue all of the Richard Allen books as an anthology a few years back

I found my full set of Richard Allen, in a box, after the flood, last year.

Skinhead, Suedehead, Trouble For Skinhead, Skinhead Escapes, Skinhead Girls, Boot Boys etc

A bit worse for wear, but still in reasonable nick and our 15 year old is now wanting to read them all.

The Mrs said I shouldn't let him.

Might be a bad influence on the young fella... and he might turn out like me :thumbsup:

Social source share

Skinhead, Suedehead, Trouble For Skinhead, Skinhead Escapes, Skinhead Girls, Boot Boys etc

A bit worse for wear, but still in reasonable nick and our 15 year old is now wanting to read them all.

Might be a bad influence on the young fella... and he might turn out like me :thumbsup:

First year of senior school, september 71, The Tams were number 1 in the charts and EVERYONE aged 11 to 14 had to get a copy of the infamous SKINHEAD...eventually I did but it took ages...great though

Social source share

Top Gear Skins. Is that the one with Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond as the central characters ?? No wonder its terrible !! :thumbsup:

Social source share

I remember one called 'Big mama' bit of a rocker book, but still a good read

Social source share

Guest mel brat

First year of senior school, september 71, The Tams were number 1 in the charts and EVERYONE aged 11 to 14 had to get a copy of the infamous SKINHEAD...eventually I did but it took ages...great though

Ah, I remember it well. The song went something like this;

"Angels don't bother me, Angels don't bother me

Go away come back another day, don't bother me-eee..." :thumbsup:

I still have a couple of these books somewhere - barely readable tripe really, but very nostalgic covers. I eventually had to seal them in a lead-lined box because they stunk of BRUT*

*(pronounced 'BRUT' of course, not 'BRUTE')

Weren't they supposed to have been "banned", or was that another urban myth?

Social source share

WAS SKINHEAD ESCAPES THE ONE WHERE HE GOES TO AUSTRALIA , OR HAVE I GOT IT ALL WRONG

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert