• Replies 87
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Its as messy as the Servicemen - Are you angry

But just as brilliant - Now thats what I call Northern Soul! Stomping Crazy All over the place Music with Vocals that That strain as though he is going to shite himslef any minute.

Truly wonderful record and I defy anyone not to dance to it or tap their feet.

been after this since butch first played it back in 86 awesome sound and shit rare too :g::D

Social source share

One of the best Northern Soul records ever discovered, its got everything you want in a dancer. Messy...who gives a f*ck, soul as it should be, from the heart, the group giving it everything and more and not summat practiced and polished in a studio :g:

well said chalky.............

Social source share

I don't think you could call it a truly great soul record but it's a F****ng fantastically great Northern Soul record, one of the greatest and sorry Epic mate I don't think your rarity argument holds on this, it has a dance floor reaction unlike many other records, majority of whom are unaware of any rarity as they stampede past anyone in their way to get to the dancefloor,

I truly believe if you don't get this you don't get Northern Soul, in one of my opinionated statements.

Closely followed by the Parliaments Rainy Day for the best dancefloor reaction as an unknown/semi known, and it still has it now years and years later.

It probably is my generations Job Opening to be honest for Northern Soul

Social source share

"If you don't get this you don't get Northern Soul, in one of my opinionated statements"

Just One of Your Opinionated Statements Jock..........................

I did not know you were opionated Jock............ :D

In My Opinion, You Ought To Answer YOUR PHONE yes.gif

BEST

Bully thumbup.gif

Edited by Bully Boy
Social source share

I agree with you Kev thumbsup.gif - when I first heard it I was like woaaaaaah ohmy.gif

Same here - knocked me on me erse on first hearing the Del larks c/u. Messy as messy thing and that is a part of what makes it blinding, smash the floor up Northern Soul.

For me nothing to do with rarity, just a great dance record which you can't half get into on the floor. Been a while since I've heard it out and it had me pogoing at the last 100 club :D

Social source share

"If you don't get this you don't get Northern Soul, in one of my opinionated statements"

Just One of Your Opinionated Statements Jock..........................

I did not know you were opionated Jock............ :D

In My Opinion, You Ought To Answer YOUR PHONE :D

BEST

Bully thumbup.gif

:D :D :D

Awright mate, sorry about that, first time you phoned I was at footie second time my battery had ran out, and then I forgot!!

Will call you in next couple of days, just off for my anger management class on the tennis court!!

Been a while since I've heard it out and it had me pogoing at the last 100 club laugh.gif

I was pogoing beside you, I just had more balance, slightly!

Hope you are wll mate and the old Asthma is getting better, see you soon?

Social source share

it is a messy raw record thats for sure but bloody awsome biggrin.gif

i once likened it a bit to Ed & Ernies - Indication, and got slaughtered, why i dont know because both are messy but quality in different ways, ones rare the other aint rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Eddie Hubbard has a very old Rob Marriot tape without a track listing. I can remember years ago; the two of us listening to it to try and identify the tracks. We both commented at the time "that's Butch's cover up!" Obviously neither of us knew who it was back then.

Can anyone shed any light on whether Rob had a copy from that time, probably early - mid Eighties ?

Cheers........... Tom. Banbury.

Social source share

One of the best Northern Soul records ever discovered, its got everything you want in a dancer. Messy...who gives a f*ck, soul as it should be, from the heart, the group giving it everything and more and not summat practiced and polished in a studio wink.gif

GOOD POINT SUMMING UP ITS APPEAL REALLY,ITS ONE ALONG WITH MAN O MAN THAT REALLY EPITOMISES THE NORTHERN SOUND IMHO,OH AND JESSE JAMES WITH THE DRUM ROLE,ITS THE RAWNESS AND MESINESS THAT GIVE IT THE DEFINITE EDGE.

BAZ A wink.gif

Social source share

Eddie Hubbard has a very old Rob Marriot tape without a track listing. I can remember years ago; the two of us listening to it to try and identify the tracks. We both commented at the time "that's Butch's cover up!" Obviously neither of us knew who it was back then.

Can anyone shed any light on whether Rob had a copy from that time, probably early - mid Eighties ?

Cheers........... Tom. Banbury.

KICKED ABOUT ALOT WITH ROD THEN TO MY KNOWLEDGE NO ,HE DISCOVERED ALOT OF OTHERS HOWEVER ROUND ABOUT THAT TIME.!!!

BAZ A wink.gif

Social source share

I still can't find any mess, although I have found a reference to his soul brother and some awesome bass brass coming in after the sax break well not right at the end but quiet close. A great backing track well laid out with a cosy echo on the ringing guitar and a well defined bass guitar but very strange sporadic backing vocals. The edge for me is that Silus Phifer's voice its like Al Jolson, rough and ready but a velvet touch.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

One of the best Northern Soul records ever discovered, its got everything you want in a dancer. Messy...who gives a f*ck, soul as it should be, from the heart, the group giving it everything and more and not summat practiced and polished in a studio :thumbup:

A Northern record can't be too messy!

Remember a couple of years ago when (I think) Kitch played it. I was completely worn out when it ended and I was looking for a place to sit down for a while. Then he just moved the needle to the start again.

Absolutely fabulous!

Social source share

I don't think you could call it a truly great soul record but it's a F****ng fantastically great Northern Soul record, one of the greatest and sorry Epic mate I don't think your rarity argument holds on this, it has a dance floor reaction unlike many other records, majority of whom are unaware of any rarity as they stampede past anyone in their way to get to the dancefloor,

I truly believe if you don't get this you don't get Northern Soul, in one of my opinionated statements.

Closely followed by the Parliaments Rainy Day for the best dancefloor reaction as an unknown/semi known, and it still has it now years and years later.

It probably is my generations Job Opening to be honest for Northern Soul

It's not that I don't get it - I just don't think it's that good.

Social source share

No your wrong again Sean , this is great NS ,with a crossover flip !! :D Ask Master Tats

I can't be 'wrong' Simon just cos I don't like it.

That's like saying I'm 'wrong' if I don't like the taste of coconut :D

For them wot likes it, good luck to 'em, but its not really to my taste.

It' OK, no more than that, to my ears at least.

But as it happens, even the group didn't rate it!

:D

Sean

Social source share

I can't be 'wrong' Simon just cos I don't like it.

That's like saying I'm 'wrong' if I don't like the taste of coconut :P

For them wot likes it, good luck to 'em, but its not really to my taste.

It' OK, no more than that, to my ears at least.

But as it happens, even the group didn't rate it!

:D

Sean

But Sean , if you don't like coconut , why would you be critical of a Thai restaurant's cooking ? :(:lol::D

Social source share

But Sean your Mentor Tats Taylor likes the Paliaments :lol: or was it the B-side "Getting ready for the summer" ?

Think You May Be Wrong on that Score Simon :rolleyes:

Tats does love "The Parliments" but you are not talking about "Heart Trouble" are you :lol:

Rainy Day.......... Tats never said he loves that :thumbsup:

Social source share

i was reading this thread a couple of days ago and everyone was saying "this is the greatest track ever" and i was getting confused, like "this is soul source, where are all the haters?" I'm glad it's almost back to normal, we still need some "It's total shite!" posts to set things right.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert