• Replies 32
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

errrrrr £5 tops

link

blush.gif Oi! One Trout, you Modern loving ponce!!!! Is this quote another veiled attack on my wonderful sharp and soon to be appreciated by the fashion police dress sense, namely my lovely line in hip-to-the-tip shirts????!!! No? Oh, forget I said that then biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

unsure.gif Oi! One Trout, you Modern loving ponce!!!! Is this quote another veiled attack on my wonderful sharp and soon to be appreciated by the fashion police dress sense, namely my lovely line in hip-to-the-tip shirts????!!! No? Oh, forget I said that then whistling.gif

link

Don't be stupid who in their right mind would give a fiver for that ??? :shades:whistling.gif Obviously i'm not including Trouble in that :P

Social source share

Don't be stupid who in their right mind would give a fiver for that ???  unsure.gif   whistling.gif   Obviously i'm not including Trouble in that  :shades:

link

==========

bought mine for the b side which is a nice 70's track too

dont let love get you down

how much was it in the box??

might put mine on ebay

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

i've seen a few things like this around for silly money and i can't understand it

at prestatyn, i saw this guy trying to sell a double sided 80s reissue of 2 old archie bell philly internationsl hits on UK portrait (which wasn't an indie label btw) for about £80 thumbsup.gif think it might be the one you've mentioned

he was also trying to sell some other stuff for silly money (think about £30 to £50)as "undiscovered modern soul tunes" - i remember one was the chilites' changing for you and another was coffee's casanova - both of these were chart hits :huh:

wh'appen?

Social source share

A fiver thumbsup.gif tops :huh: tell you what John if you see one at 5 grab it with both hands and then sell it on then hey presto!, you've just added a zero to it! :(

link

this cant be selling for this much wacko.gif where will you go when the party's over

umm to the bank manager get a loan to buy it :D

Social source share

this cant be selling for this much  wacko.gif where will you go when the party's over

umm to the bank manager get a loan to buy it  thumbsup.gif

link

Two copies in a box recently up here in Scotland, one a mint UK demo was 50 and an issue which was in fairly poor condition 30, I kid you not Baz, also a couple have been sold on ebay recently 30-35 quid :huh:

Social source share

the world is going f**kin mad this is a 70's soul classic i bet it was quite high up in the charts

link

Did'nt chart at all mate but you are right about going crazy it seems the norm now that even a popular label like PIR can fetch this kind of money, I quite like it actually and was tipped off about it a couple of years ago and got it for 10 on demo thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Did'nt chart at all mate but you are right about going crazy it seems the norm now that even a popular label like PIR can fetch this kind of money, I quite like it actually and was tipped off about it a couple of years ago and got it for 10 on demo thumbsup.gif

link

it must have got into the american or uk R&B charts, if not in the proper ones.

i bet you can find one in loads of record stores down south london area, known this for ages but never bought one, massive caister record and such jazz funk venues

Social source share

Guest wrighty

i bet you can find one in loads of record stores down south london area, known this for ages but never bought one, massive caister record and such jazz funk venues

link

funnily enough found a nice minty spare copy for a couple of quid in of all places a charity shop in chelmsford :huh:

if my memory serves me correctly the 45 was released in the late 80's at the height of the rare groove scene as a 'long lost' classic that was never released on a 45 initially, 'don't let love get you down' was the side that got all the attention (from me anyway) thumbsup.gif

Edited by wrighty
Social source share

It wasn't issued as a 45 in the US (...and neither was "Don't Let Love Get You Down" from the same LP which is absolutely bloody amazing - how the hell can they NOT release two of the best tunes on the LP as singles!!?? DLLGYD did get some airplay but played straight from the album which would've decreased its impact). The original release of this tune is the US LP on PIR. The UK 45 is a reissue.

Social source share

:angry: OI! One Trout! (Again) - I cant belivie you'd bad mouth my wonderful and colourful shirts as it's obviously the only bright thing you have in your life, and I am excluding the lovely Alison here as she is in a class of her own - sadly not a dancing class 'cause god love her she needs one! - no, i will of course be expecting a full and frank apology from you on bended knee, main hall, next Modern By Moonlight! Failing that another wonderful CD would be really nice, thank you thumbsup.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

==========

bought mine for the b side which is  a nice 70's track too

dont let love get you down

how much was it in the box??

might put mine on ebay

link

Until Soul Sams 's flirtation with WWYGWTPO side the DLLGYD side was always the side, big on the London rare groove/funk scene of the 80's, Mr Jay MBE being a champion of it if I remember, it did go for money then (harder on 12")but peanuts now would have thought, get the LP for £2.50 tops ( thumbsup.gif:thumbsup: ), another couple of good dancers on it.

Yours Sagely

Jock

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

:angry: OI! One Trout! (Again) - I cant belivie you'd bad mouth my wonderful and colourful shirts as it's obviously the only bright thing you have in your life, and I am excluding the lovely Alison here as she is in a class of her own - sadly not a dancing class 'cause god love her she needs one! - no, i will of course be expecting a full and frank apology from you on bended knee, main hall, next Modern By Moonlight! Failing that another wonderful CD would be really nice, thank you thumbsup.gif   :thumbsup:

link

Who's Frank???

Social source share

The UK 45 is a reissue.

Don't think thats quite right Seb, having dug the record out it looks mighty authentic to me and having compared it to other PIR labels convinces me that its genuine mid 70s :thumbsup:

link

Here's the release details:

BELL, ARCHIE & DRELLS PHILADELPHIA INT. 4803 WHERE WILL YOU GO WHEN THE PARTY'S OVER / I SWEAR YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL Released 26/11/1976

Social source share

Here's the release details:

BELL, ARCHIE & DRELLS PHILADELPHIA INT. 4803  WHERE WILL YOU GO WHEN THE PARTY'S OVER / I SWEAR YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL  Released 26/11/1976

link

I've got this on the flip to Everybody Have a good Time. UK Philly 12" from 1976. It was in fact the very first 12" I ever bought. Lovely record but Everybody... is a cracker also. But there must be loads kicking about. It'll be tenner again in 6 months time after all the Ace Spectrum/ Party time Man fans have bought all the overpriced copies off Ebay and most of the DJ's have stopped playing it.

Jordi

Social source share

But there must be loads kicking about. It'll be tenner again in 6 months time after all the Ace Spectrum/ Party time Man fans have bought all the overpriced copies off Ebay and most of the DJ's have stopped playing it.

Jordi

link

:D ......I know where your coming from.

Social source share

Where Will You Go.. was a UK-only 45 issued on PIR at the same time as the US album release (1976) of the same name.

It was then re-released as the B-side of the Portrait (a CBS-offshoot) re-issue of Don't Let Love Get You Down in 1987, which in itself had seen demand for the original album on the rare-groove/two-step scene push prices up to 50 quid and more.

The Portrait 12 also has Soul City Walking as an extra track on the B-side which, if you don't mind reissues, makes for a nice 3-track package. Having said that, I also picked up an additional PIR 7 recently in a local second-hand shop for three quid!

Social source share

It wasn't issued as a 45 in the US (...and neither was "Don't Let Love Get You Down" from the same LP which is absolutely bloody amazing - how the hell can they NOT release two of the best tunes on the LP as singles!!?? DLLGYD did get some airplay but played straight from the album which would've decreased its impact). The original release of this tune is the US LP on PIR. The UK 45 is a reissue.

link

didn't think this was a reissue as igot my mine from a dj collection earlier this year and the whole collection was 70's no 80's at all.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert