KevH

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest lotusland

This record is from my hometown, Milwaukee. Tough to find here for sure. Maybe all the copies swam over to you guys decades ago? More likely they all got thrown in the bin.

Social source share

Hi Tony,was it taken off halfway cos it cleared the floor :D .Not really a typical Stafford sound?

No mate, it went like this, Pat gave it quite a big introduction (as Maurice McAllister), then the record starts, I turn to my friend Matthew Simpson and say "you've got this haven't you" (Keb had played it a little, the year before, where we knew it from), he trots of to tell Pat him he knows it, to be told no it's different version, Butch was now on the stage with the record from his sales box, at which point Pat takes it off saying Thanks to Butch for pissing me off that's 100 quid down the drain.

Social source share

No mate, it went like this, Pat gave it quite a big introduction (as Maurice McAllister), then the record starts, I turn to my friend Matthew Simpson and say "you've got this haven't you" (Keb had played it a little, the year before, where we knew it from), he trots of to tell Pat him he knows it, to be told no it's different version, Butch was now on the stage with the record from his sales box, at which point Pat takes it off saying Thanks to Butch for pissing me off that's 100 quid down the drain.

nice one Tony. :D .

Social source share

Hi,could anyone give me a bit of background on...

AC Poston - "I'm so full of love" on Odessa?.

45 Heaven have/had(?) one.

So over to you guys,where's it been played,when etc......

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s6CzsSCeB8s

Will def be spinning this next weekend,,Kev. :(:D

top tune , great dancer -got mine from Bearsoul -now a perm feature in my play box -gets played at A Taste of Honey :ohmy:
Social source share

I think Pat must have had quite a few copies as I bought mine from his list around this time for £8, he was probably trying to create a demand before he sold them.

Shocking practice which of course no-one else would do!!!

Anyone want to buy a Syng McGown or a Johnny Howard????????

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert