How Many 'practising' Soul Fans In Uk

Stop me if this has been done before rolleyes.gif

Reading a post about a night in December with thirty odd events going on, just wondered if anyone can

hazard a guess or an informed :unsure: estimate of how many 'practising' soul fans we have in the UK.

By practising I mean those who regularly attend venues, once or twice a month, every weekend etc,

M. :D

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Stop me if this has been done before rolleyes.gif

Reading a post about a night in December with thirty odd events going on, just wondered if anyone can

hazard a guess or an informed :unsure: estimate of how many 'practising' soul fans we have in the UK.

By practising I mean those who regularly attend venues, once or twice a month, every weekend etc,

M. :D

Do you mean how many people like soul music or how many attend Northern do's? big difference.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Do you mean how many people like soul music or how many attend Northern do's? big difference.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I gotta say Mark B, you have a significant point.

I don't get to venues these days but I am 'practising' (as you put it Mark W) on a very regular basis.

If someone collects records, researches the artists, labels, history and is 'on the scene' through this and other forums, is that a truly engaged soulie? - or is it that attendance at venues is the acid test?

Regards to all practising soulies :rolleyes:

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

I gotta say Mark B, you have a significant point.

I don't get to venues these days but I am 'practising' (as you put it Mark W) on a very regular basis.

If someone collects records, researches the artists, labels, history and is 'on the scene' through this and other forums, is that a truly engaged soulie? - or is it that attendance at venues is the acid test?

Regards to all practising soulies :lol:

Richard

Sorry Richard, didn't want to alienate the event non attendees :( the point of my original question stemmed from the amount of venues happening on a particular night and wondered if there was enough of us to go round :ohmy: the reality is you are probably a better 'practising' or 'engaged ' -as you put it, soulie ,than many an event attendee :P

Keep on Practising!

M. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Rumor has it Mr & Mrs Whiteley have been spotted at several Modern nights recently :rolleyes:

Original post also states 'Soul Fans' so I'll hazard a guess at 12,387 give or take 1 or 2 either way :ohmy:

Social source share

Stop me if this has been done before :ohmy:

hazard a guess or an informed :rolleyes: estimate of how many 'practising' soul fans we have in the UK.

M. :lol:

I am a practising piss artist in any event !

I collect as many little black 60s Soul 45s as my funds will allow !

So do I and other collectors not count in your "practicing" Soul poll ?

:(

No? Ok.............. not bothered anyway !!!! :P

Social source share

:ohmy:

No? Ok.............. not bothered anyway !!!! :rolleyes:

Im afraid I have to concede Im a practising piss artist also, two bottles of red wine later and I'm wacko.gif I'm on holiday for 2 weeks so no driving tomorrow, hurray.

I try to go out as much as possible to soul dos, apart from Thorne at the weekend I hadn't been out for 4 weeks, a mixture of my car needing fixing and t'other week when I wantd to go to Soul Addiction at Coachman in Darlington (which incidentally is class) I had no one to come with me :lol: .

Suz

x

Social source share

:lol:

No? Ok.............. not bothered anyway !!!! :ohmy:

Mossy I was merely wondering how many event attendees as said in original post, seems you done a 'Bikcnell' and missed that bit :rolleyes:

M. :P

Social source share

think this has been touched on before but one way of knowing would be if all promoters advertising on here on any one given saturday were to do an honest CORRECT headcount and post up on the monday.....not hard really but probably impossible !! :rolleyes:

ok there are plenty nights on that do not visit this site....add to that lots of scooter events where northern is played so it will be 'conservative' count but interesting still...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert