Did This Get To Vinyl?

Guest Nik Mak

Guest Nik Mak

Hi peeps

picked up an Acitate of Jimmy Radcliffe 'You made a man of me' & wondered if it ever got a release on vinyl? A really awesome tune. Superb 60's dancable soul, Jimmy really belts it out in fine style. I'm tempted to get a carver done as I don't want to ruin the acitate by playing too much but if there is a record out there maybe I could go that way? Any ifo would be much appreciated.

atb....

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi peeps

picked up an Acitate of Jimmy Radcliffe 'You made a man of me' & wondered if it ever got a release on vinyl? A really awesome tune. Superb 60's dancable soul, Jimmy really belts it out in fine style. I'm tempted to get a carver done as I don't want to ruin the acitate by playing too much but if there is a record out there maybe I could go that way? Any ifo would be much appreciated.

atb....

Not released, I knew there were two acetates of this, one belonging to Andy Rix (who played it first) and one belonging to me...did you buy yours off Andy Rix ? Can you post a scan to compare ?

TIA,

Marc

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Not released, I knew there were two acetates of this, one belonging to Andy Rix (who played it first) and one belonging to me...did you buy yours off Andy Rix ? Can you post a scan to compare ?

TIA,

Marc

Got mine from the states via SS. Guys name is Mangoynn or summit like that. He has a picture of the who drummer on his posts. Will get a scan up shortly ok?

Social source share

Got mine from the states via SS. Guys name is Mangoynn or summit like that. He has a picture of the who drummer on his posts. Will get a scan up shortly ok?

Interesting...no need for a scan then, I bet it looks like mine as mine came from him as well...

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Interesting...no need for a scan then, I bet it looks like mine as mine came from him as well...

Single sided 10" (original?) Associated Recording Studios (Blue n White label) No artist just title printed???? The guy maintains he may be pressing it some time next year. I guess this is very very rare? (Or maybe NOT?)

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Just tried to peel back the label no go it will come off but I don't want to tear it. It looks authentic as the label has that waxy feel to it like so many do from the 60's. If the track didn't get to vinyl then this would be the only way to get it after a cd copy & as long as the guy hasn't pumped out too many it's still a bit of a rare-un........

Social source share

I was told about these acetates by someone who bought some, Original looking label peeled off to reveal the acetate supplier or something like and they proved to be recently made. I did ask him about this in another topic but he side stepped the question if I remember rightly. If you remember when this came about he didn't come on Soul Source for ages. Can't remember exactly what he said but sure he said summat like they should be lucky to get unreleased material.

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

I was told about these acetates by someone who bought some, Original looking label peeled off to reveal the acetate supplier or something like and they proved to be recently made. I did ask him about this in another topic but he side stepped the question if I remember rightly. If you remember when this came about he didn't come on Soul Source for ages. Can't remember exactly what he said but sure he said summat like they should be lucky to get unreleased material.

Just got the label off nearly half way my ones a blank underneath no second sticker, no makers name so still not conclusive. When you say they bought some do you know how many? As long as there arn't frickin loads of them floatin' about that's cool but if there are boxes of them I'll be pissed off. The guy sold this off the back of it's exclusivity which may or may not be true. He is also posting other titles on here regularly so would be nice to know the truth.

Social source share

Just got the label off nearly half way my ones a blank underneath no second sticker, no makers name so still not conclusive. When you say they bought some do you know how many? As long as there arn't frickin loads of them floatin' about that's cool but if there are boxes of them I'll be pissed off. The guy sold this off the back of it's exclusivity which may or may not be true. He is also posting other titles on here regularly so would be nice to know the truth.

Check out magnoms sales list, in sales now :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

track 3 of this six pack from Andy

was it really 8 years ago :ohmy::lol:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/rare-northern...-summer-of-2000

Just got some more info so I'm a lot happier now. There are only a few copies floating around done by JR himself back in the early 70's. (probably before his death in 73) It seems he went out and got a load of unreleased material pressed onto acitate when he moved to LA (Not just his own material either). It's his son selling them as you rightly pointed out. There are between 3 to 5 copies of each track he had so ultimately quite rare in their own right. It also helps that this one is a feckin' blinder!LOL! :P

cheers for all the info guys much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nik Mak
Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

:thumbsup: &?

I've edited my post a bit as JR must have done the acitates in the early 70's not late as I wrote earlier. Sorry for the cock up. Got the flu :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert