Can't Believe No-one Bought This

Pete S

Bought this off Mark on here via Ebay - I just cannot believe I won it so easily, it must be the only copy in the world and it's also on vinyl which means it's the test press for the yellow issue (thanks Mr Manship), obviously I will have to sell it but thought it might interest people to see it..

5664_1.JPG

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bought this off Mark on here via Ebay - I just cannot believe I won it so easily, it must be the only copy in the world

That test pressing sure is rare, but I think there was only one bidder because the opening bid was fairly high compared to what an actual issue copy costs. In my experience most people seem to prefer actual issue copies of tunes that reached issue stage instead of test pressings or acetates.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Yes, I prefer my lovely mint yellow issue - a proper one you could actually have bought in a proper shop :(:D

Test pressings are fine, but I don't tend to go for them personally as it would be a whole load more records to buy and money to spend.

I also wonder about quality - after all who is to say it's a test pressing of a decent press that was used for the official pressing, rather than a duff test pressing that was never pressed up? Obviously, playing it helps assess the quality :thumbup:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

That test pressing sure is rare, but I think there was only one bidder because the opening bid was fairly high compared to what an actual issue copy costs. In my experience most people seem to prefer actual issue copies of tunes that reached issue stage instead of test pressings or acetates.

When you see nutters selling purple issues for over £100 you have to wonder whats going on. And I think you're wrong about tes pressings and acetates - I sold the April May & June acetate for about 6 times what the actual issued record sells for.

Social source share

Yes, I prefer my lovely mint yellow issue - a proper one you could actually have bought in a proper shop :D:thumbup:

Test pressings are fine, but I don't tend to go for them personally as it would be a whole load more records to buy and money to spend.

I also wonder about quality - after all who is to say it's a test pressing of a decent press that was used for the official pressing, rather than a duff test pressing that was never pressed up? Obviously, playing it helps assess the quality :ohmy:

Cheers

Richard

Kinnell why didn't I think of that, actually playing the record, I only usually sit and stare at them and imagine what they sound like... :(

Social source share

Bought this off Mark on here via Ebay - I just cannot believe I won it so easily, it must be the only copy in the world and it's also on vinyl which means it's the test press for the yellow issue (thanks Mr Manship), obviously I will have to sell it but thought it might interest people to see it..

5664_1.JPG

I think you mean you stole it off me Pete :D:thumbup:

In all fairness though you were the only one to put the money up so fairplay to ya :(

I cant believe there wasn't more interest, but test pressings/acetates etc arent everyones cup of tea

M.

Social source share

5664_1.JPG

angry.gif ,so good a "snipe" Pete :D ,think you know what i mean :unsure: ,,Kev.

Social source share

I love an original test pressing or acetate whenever there is no other way to obtain the music be it because the actual released record is dead rare and very rarely obtainable or simply the tune has never been released as a 45.

I think must tend to do so..that may explain the "low" price in this particular case ?

I remember Tim brown once telling me that he always sold off the acetate when he had a chance to replace it with an released 45..I am not so sure I would do that though :unsure:

Social source share

Pete's bid went in 2 seconds prior to close Kev, so thats a lazy snipe :D

Top systems work in 10ths of a second now ya know

M. :unsure:

just a joke Mark,got called to an important phone call as i was waiting to bid.Phone call went on..and on..got back tried to bid..bidding ended ohmy.gif ..forgot to refresh page,Pete knows..................... :D . :lol: .Kev.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert