Northern Soul Dj`s Wanted

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section being new.

Im looking to make contact with any Northern Soul DJ`s in the West Yorkshire area to play at a new venue in Queensbury. I would appreciate any names and addys.

Kindest Regards

Shane

Social source share

• Replies 74
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest bazrico

Im looking to make contact with any Northern Soul DJ`s in the West Yorkshire area to play at a new venue in Queensbury. I would appreciate any names and addys.

Kindest Regards

Shane

You must be new to the northern soul scene.

Social source share

Well we have established that im new to the scene and dont know anybody, lol. And even though ive had a few replies, I still dont have a DJ. Are any of you guys going to take pity on me and either put me out of my misery or put me in touch with anybody? :thumbup:

Cheers

Shane.

Social source share

Guest bazrico

Well we have established that im new to the scene and dont know anybody, lol. And even though ive had a few replies, I still dont have a DJ. Are any of you guys going to take pity on me and either put me out of my misery or put me in touch with anybody? :thumbup:

Cheers

Shane.

Ok i will travel and do a spot will need the following

£250 per hour, travel expenses, hotel room with service, taxi to and from the venue, body guard to protect my records.

Social source share

Cheers

Shane.

Loads of good dj's in west yorkshire,depends on the music policy you envisage,i.e. across the board,60's,70's etc

Social source share

Ok i will travel and do a spot will need the following

£250 per hour, travel expenses, hotel room with service, taxi to and from the venue, body guard to protect my records.

Lol, Ill book you for 1 minute then.

My Dad drinks in the Morley Carr, so I guess its going to be easier for him to ask next time hes there. Thanks for all your help, although I didnt find what I was looking for, I had a laugh!

Social source share

Kindest Regards

Shane

Making a request like this , is like giving a loaded gun to a terrorist ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

People might have a better idea of who to rec. if they knew what style of night you are going for...

Oldies?

Across the board?

Newies?

Rarest Of The Rare?

Im looking for somebody that will play across the board, a bit of something for all the soul lovers if you know what I mean. I dj myself, funky/Bassline/Soulfull etc but listen to Northern, and although Ive listened to it for many years, im no expert so Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Pikeys Dog.

Social source share

Lol, Ill book you for 1 minute then.

My Dad drinks in the Morley Carr, so I guess its going to be easier for him to ask next time hes there. Thanks for all your help, although I didnt find what I was looking for, I had a laugh!

Paul Harris already runs a soulnight at Morley Carr. You would be best speaking to him. He's on here as, soul45s, you could send him a PM. Hope that helps.

Phil.

Social source share

Paul Harris already runs a soulnight at Morley Carr. You would be best speaking to him. He's on here as, soul45s, you could send him a PM. Hope that helps.

Phil.

Thanks Phil, Your a Gentleman.

Social source share

Guest bazrico

Hay Stags Head

Have you tried this,

Sign into Soulsource

Shake computer for 10 secounds

and at least 10 will fall out onto your floor

Take your pick Job done

Hey Brownie

just tried this most supprised who fell out

Social source share

Hay Stags Head

Have you tried this,

Sign into Soulsource

Shake computer for 10 secounds

and at least 10 will fall out onto your floor

Take your pick Job done

Hey Brownie, yeah I tried it but nothing came out. Guess my laptop is all blocked up with the crap replies i got. Ill get the plunger on it and see what happens after that :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

How many PM's do you reckon he's had/will get?

as l said hundreds.....some of em get real shitty if they're politly told.....NO THANKS.....so i'm told :rolleyes:yes.gif

Social source share

Guest bazrico

as l said hundreds.....some of em get real shitty if they're politly told.....NO THANKS.....so i'm told :rolleyes:yes.gif

what promoters say no to a top northern jock, what is the world coming to lol

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Hello and welcome Stags Head -

try Rosemary on here.....she is from Bradford and could be a possible help or even look in events/flyer section for Morley Carr's next event, should be a telephone number on the event flyer for another contact,dee jays etc.

try Topcatnumpty 1 Tony C on here. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Nick.

Social source share

you had any positive response stag

Yes thanks Diddy, Ive had a response from a very helpfull lady that is going to ask a couple of other DJ`s for me. I just need to decide on the date.

Social source share

Hello and welcome Stags Head -

try Rosemary on here.....she is from Bradford and could be a possible help or even look in events/flyer section for Morley Carr's next event, should be a telephone number on the event flyer for another contact,dee jays etc.

try Topcatnumpty 1 Tony C on here. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Nick.

Thanks Nick, Thats very helpfull.

Social source share

Yes thanks Diddy, Ive had a response from a very helpfull lady that is going to ask a couple of other DJ`s for me. I just need to decide on the date.

decide on the date?... :lol: you mean, work out who you're going to clash with and who you're going to upset!. This bit has to be harder than booking DJ's by

a million miles!.

Unless,you're going for that free spot in the northern soul calendar of a tuesday afternoon.... :lol:

Always risky booking dj's you've never heard yourself.... have a few nights out, get a few flyers and try a few clubs.

Jayne.x :lol:

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Social source share

decide on the date?... :lol: you mean, work out who you're going to clash with and who you're going to upset!. This bit has to be harder than booking DJ's by

a million miles!.

Unless,you're going for that free spot in the northern soul calendar of a tuesday afternoon.... :lol:

Always risky booking dj's you've never heard yourself.... have a few nights out, get a few flyers and try a few clubs.

Jayne.x :lol:

It would have to be a tuesday afternoon in the summer.

Right now Queensberry is the coldest place in the UK.

After all Queensbury is on the top of a mountain. :D

Social source share

decide on the date?... :lol: you mean, work out who you're going to clash with and who you're going to upset!. This bit has to be harder than booking DJ's by a million miles!.

I'll say!

My one and only venture into the world of promoting was about the most stressful thing I have ever done. And that was just a one off night that was free for everyone to get in!

You have to be ruthless to the point of being vicious to promote these days. Something I don't have in me I'm afraid.

I'm not sure we need yet another new night in the already fit to bursting soul calendar but good luck with it anyway.

Social source share

It would have to be a tuesday afternoon in the summer.

Right now Queensberry is the coldest place in the UK.

After all Queensbury is on the top of a mountain. :lol:

Your joking Dave! - that place Gisburn, where The White Bull is, now that's the coldest and most remote place in the UK. :lol:

Jayne.x

Social source share

I'll say!

My one and only venture into the world of promoting was about the most stressful thing I have ever done. And that was just a one off night that was free for everyone to get in!

You have to be ruthless to the point of being vicious to promote these days. Something I don't have in me I'm afraid.

I'm not sure we need yet another new night in the already fit to bursting soul calendar but good luck with it anyway.

Or extremely patient, optimistic, two faced and diplomatic. :lol:

Jayne.x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert