• Replies 21
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Fredrik

Hi Ady, I've got a U.K. copy at home I could record and scan when I get home. Did it come out in the US?

Yes it did, I can do a scan of it later when home from work if still needed.

Social source share

Thanks everybody, great SS response as usual. I'll take Fredrik up on it if that's OK as he has the US 45, but it's interesting to know there was a UK issue, I didn't know that.

Now how about the Chargers on Vanguard?

Ady

I can scan both sides of the chargers (very hard on issue) if you still need it by tonight. My scanner is putting a blue line on each image, though, so I don't know if you can take it out or not (I'm going to get a new one in a few days).

Dave Brown told me that the Chargers are the same group as the moods on wand / red dog and that they actually have no relation to the volcanoes as previously rumored.

Social source share

I can scan both sides of the chargers (very hard on issue) if you still need it by tonight. My scanner is putting a blue line on each image, though, so I don't know if you can take it out or not (I'm going to get a new one in a few days).

Dave Brown told me that the Chargers are the same group as the moods on wand / red dog and that they actually have no relation to the volcanoes as previously rumored.

Thanks Bob that would be wonderful and that's a handy fact for the notes too, otherwise I'd have been down the Volcanoes route. Hopefully Jorge at Ace sorted you out for the previous help you gave us, if not please PM me.

Thanks again

Ady

Social source share

Thanks Bob that would be wonderful and that's a handy fact for the notes too, otherwise I'd have been down the Volcanoes route. Hopefully Jorge at Ace sorted you out for the previous help you gave us, if not please PM me.

Thanks again

Ady

I'll dig it out asap but I'm sure there are no mug shots Adey.

Kev

Social source share

Or even better a high res scan and MP3?

All help rewarded witha CD or several.

Cheers

Ady

The Chargers; You Gotta Be A Lady, Vanguard

Sorry Adey no photos but maybe the scans will supply you with some info. The rest of the album is as you'd expect nice trumpet laden Jazz Funk some with Jeanies vocals on top but 'You're gonna' is the track.

Kev

post-13983-1227612005_thumb.jpg

post-13983-1227612092_thumb.jpg

post-13983-1227612195_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Bob, didn't the Moods have a later connection to the Trammps and - as Ady mentions - a connection to the Volcanoes earlier in time ?

And it is interesting to note the Len Barry / Philly connection and also the Vanguard label's connection to Philly studios output of the Barry - Madara production team.

Grover Mitchell's sides on Vanguard are Philly produced too.

Vanguard was essentially a folk label, interesting that they dabbled in soul /RnB for a time .

Be great if some one could tie all these various connections together !

Social source share

Bob, didn't the Moods have a later connection to the Trammps and - as Ady mentions - a connection to the Volcanoes earlier in time ?

And it is interesting to note the Len Barry / Philly connection and also the Vanguard label's connection to Philly studios output of the Barry - Madara production team.

Grover Mitchell's sides on Vanguard are Philly produced too.

Vanguard was essentially a folk label, interesting that they dabbled in soul /RnB for a time .

Be great if some one could tie all these various connections together !

the whole thing that Dave Brown told me is that they did NOT have a connection to the trammps or volcanos and that that is a long standing rumor and that he got his info from John Madera somehow. I'm just relaying info, you could email him for more details if you want, I don't have a first-hand source on this.

Social source share

the whole thing that Dave Brown told me is that they did NOT have a connection to the trammps or volcanos and that that is a long standing rumor and that he got his info from John Madera somehow. I'm just relaying info, you could email him for more details if you want, I don't have a first-hand source on this.

I have a telephone contact for John Madara if Ady needs a first-hand source on this..........

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert