Some You Loved Way Back Then

Pauldonnelly

some you hated way back then and now love...

I read this forum most days and applaud the way that some ridicule records that way back then I ;m sure they loved and dance to...The snake, my farts a syphalis, Love Trap, Papaoohmowmow was massive at wigan. etc etc...you listen to them now and I know some cringe but they WERE massive records.

It made me think today what records played way back in the day made you wanna talk to the guy next to you about the benefits of covering cucumber seeds in April when they were played.

I destested The Casanova two - we got to keep on and The Olympics - The same old thing, now they're possibly in my top twenty of ALL time...anyone else have any that have grown on you over the years??

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Too many to mention back then that i hated and now really appreciate,the ambassadors too much of a good thing -hated back then dug it out last week it sounded incredible,hated black power,im a regressing because when i play it now it sounds blody great,also turned my nose up to alot of the funkier stuff sam and searling played and now curtis love it,zz and co love it,love committe love it and so on and so forth.

I pull alot out and think this is gonna be bad and i am usually surprised !

BAZ A :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

deadbeats no second chance" thought it was shite at wigan, oops still think it's shite now, does this count. also ike strong at first but warmed to it over the years. thought it was TOO modern back then as it mentiond disco music! also that awful "tied to your heart" what utter shite!

Social source share

be far too strong to say I hated any, but at a time of thumping "northern" I was quite neutral about large slabs of popular Motown sounds. I love Diana Ross these days, having got over my rare snobbery . . . . . . . :lol:

As time goes on I've kept going back to the tunes i grew up with.....Touch me in the morning Diana Ross-Sweet Love-Commodores

-Best thing that ever happened to me-Gladys Knight-Wherever I lay my hat-Marvin Gaye-Hell up in Harlem-Edwin Starr... etc etc. Puts everything else into perspective too. Rare Soul NOT but hold special memories for me and puts the early 70's glam rock alternative to shame.

Kev :lol:

You Gonna play some Diana Ross @Boogaloo Paul?

Back in my Arms Again or Mother You Smother You are my faves at the Moment.

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert