Never Ending Experience Aka More Underplayed

Dean

Just sharing this from a drunken sense of comradeship.

Every now and again SteveL, KevH and myself get together in my front room to play a few to each other over a couple of bottles. Blowing a gale outside, proper coal fire, and these on the deck:

Jean Elias - How Long Can I Go On Fooling Myself, Backbeat

Carol Kay - This time you're Wrong, Wright Sound

Joe Simon - Long Hot Summer, SS7

Ithacas - If You Want My Love, Fee Bee

Carl Burnett - Jerk Baby Jerk, Carmax

Ideals - I Got Lucky, St Lawrence

Fury's What is Soul/ I lost My Babay, Mak4

The Mob - Unbelievable, Twinight

Benny Latimore - It Was So Nice While It Lasted, Dade

Grover Mithcell - Take Your Time and Love Me, Decca (very different to the Josie take, a whole thread here in itself!)

Keep it to 10 for risk of boring you . . . . . . . . . . . . .The point is, there were several tracks one of us didn't know. I didn't know the Joe Simon track!!! Some of them are very cheap, some not so, but amazed that there's still such "underplayed" quality. Will it ever dry up?

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dean , to be honest mate I dont know most of them but will be going to a big soul night tonight ( in my front room :lol: )after a few pints down the Cons Club and will be taking a couple of bottles of Vino back (as the missus is out) and will be spinning a lot of stuff I like and all underplayed and pretty easy to get (must be if I've got them)

so will post my playlist (well 10 sounds) up in the morning after me bacon butty and coffee.

I must admit it's quite interesting how you sometimes like a tune when half p*ssed but dont like it when sober! (bit like women I suppose :thumbsup: !) only joking ladies honest !

Cheers

Swifty

Social source share

Just sharing this from a drunken sense of comradeship.

Every now and again SteveL, KevH and myself get together in my front room to play a few to each other over a couple of bottles. Blowing a gale outside, proper coal fire, and these on the deck:

Jean Elias - How Long Can I Go On Fooling Myself, Backbeat

Carol Kay - This time you're Wrong, Wright Sound

Joe Simon - Long Hot Summer, SS7

Ithacas - If You Want My Love, Fee Bee

Carl Burnett - Jerk Baby Jerk, Carmax

Ideals - I Got Lucky, St Lawrence

Fury's What is Soul/ I lost My Babay, Mak4

The Mob - Unbelievable, Twinight

Benny Latimore - It Was So Nice While It Lasted, Dade

Grover Mithcell - Take Your Time and Love Me, Decca (very different to the Josie take, a whole thread here in itself!)

Keep it to 10 for risk of boring you . . . . . . . . . . . . .The point is, there were several tracks one of us didn't know. I didn't know the Joe Simon track!!! Some of them are very cheap, some not so, but amazed that there's still such "underplayed" quality. Will it ever dry up?

Just got a benny latimore for a fiver,great tune

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert