• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...
Guest woznotwos

:laugh:

Speechless.

That anyone could actually enjoy listening to The Carstairs I mean.

Might as well get a group of singing dogs and make them howl into a microphone.

CATS SEEM TO DO A BETTER JOB THEY HIT THE NOTES FAR WORSE JUST LIKE THE 45!!!!

Social source share

Is chapter you cant mean it ,uk cbs,,,,,really that rare?????30 years ago i found a chapter 5 in a small record shop in malbrough,near swindon!!!Dave thorley also found good uk stuff there!!

Sold my collection ,,,,,not sure if dave thorley got it off me!!!!!!

snooky

Edited by snooky
Social source share

Is chapt er you cant mean it ,uk cbs,,,,,really that rare?????30 years ago i found a chapter 5 in a small record shop in malbrough,near swindon!!!Dave thorley also found good uk stuff there!!

Sold my collection and it went with it,,,,,not sure if dave thorley got it off me!!!!!!

snooky

Has to be said that it is rare, and still highly sought after, hence the price, I've kept my VG one and I wouldn't sell it, not even for £500, because I couldn't replace it.

Social source share

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

There's an interesting story behind this one. Back in 1991 I was running a magazine called Beatin Rhythm and was also at the peak of my UK label collecting phase, and I was contacted by this chap John Ritson who was the original lead singer of Chapter Five. He was after a copy of One In A Million, which I had, but didn't want to part with really. Anyway he sent me lots of great cuttings and we had a good chat and one of the things he told me was that the band's manager, the apparently aptly named Mervyn Conn, had asked him to leave the band and go solo and call himself John St. John. This suggestion didn't go down too well and the band stayed together for a while longer and then split.

Anyway a couple of years ago, to my and several other peoples astonishment, a German copy of You Can't Mean It backed with One In A Million was turned up, complete with picture sleeve and credited to John St. John! At the weekend I was browsing Ebay and lo and behold, there's another copy of John St. John but this time on an Italian label called GTA records.

It was described as VG- with a small edge crack but I thought I'd go for it anyway. So I won it at £118 (I bid £350) and I've now got it and not only does it play near mint with no sound from the crack, the sound quality is unbelievable, it's better than the UK CBS copy (which I also have). Note that they've mixed the composers up too.

The point of all this is - I've had hundreds and hundreds of rare records over the years, going up to £2500 on one thing I sold, but I rate this particular record as being up amongst the rarest of them all. How many copies are known? Can't be that many. And I know it's a love or hate record but I absolutely love it!

post-1893-1227178664_thumb.jpg post-1893-1227178686_thumb.jpg

BARRY ST. JOHN - EVERYTHING I TOUCH TURNS TO BARRY ST. JOHN - EVERYTHING I TOUCH TURNS TO TEARS - COLUMBIA DEMO - £150 - COLUMBIA DEMO - £150
Social source share

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

BARRY ST. JOHN - EVERYTHING I TOUCH TURNS TO TEARS - COLUMBIA DEMO - £150.... on soultime sales list.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert