• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE JEWEL "PARADISE" ON EBAY

:thumbsup:

Yep - I had the 'watching' email through a few minutes ago and nearly fell off me chair!

Was a BIG Clifton Hall tune - late 70's / early 80's.

Along with others at the time (there seemed to be loads of copies about) hammered it for 6 or 8 months and sold it on for no more than a tenner!

Seems a crazy price... but it was nearly 30 years ago!

What price will it finish at?

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

:thumbsup:

Yep - I had the 'watching' email through a few minutes ago and nearly fell off me chair!

Was a BIG Clifton Hall tune - late 70's / early 80's.

Along with others at the time (there seemed to be loads of copies about) hammered it for 6 or 8 months and sold it on for no more than a tenner!

Seems a crazy price... but it was nearly 30 years ago!

What price will it finish at?

:lol:

Sean

fook knows sean, gotv rid of mine around 1980 (the ones with the address scratched out by soul bowl!)

it's like curtis, velvet hammer,lots about but now big money. big clifton tune mandrill "my girl" never see it for love nor money, but i bet it's not nearly as rare as others of it's ilk so it's a wierd one! i'm a yorks man so i stopped bidding at $50 or there abouts!

Social source share

Searling spin don't think it was covered up as well, just played straight as Jewel.

Thats right. Probably because John Anderson passed out the early copies to a few djs at the same time, so no need to cover it up.

Simon, which week in 1981 did you get it off Soul Bowl for a shiny sixpence.?

(ps Simon I think the jokes got a bit boring, but Cunnie and Brett keep on at me :thumbsup: )

Social source share

This 45 almost never comes up for sale these days and there is massive demand for it from all corners of the soul/funk collecting fraternity. $640 is about £425... considering who the seller is and how much many of his auctions usually fetch, I actually thought it would go even higher. :wave: Fantastic tune! :thumbsup: And so is "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire. :rolleyes:biggrin.gif

Social source share

it was one no one wanted to buy when i sold up in 83/84..... sold it for £30 in 87 i think, i have seen it go for £200 mint but over that seems like madness as there was loads of them about ????? but then again sold daybreak for £50 in 83/84 and they have gone for over £1000 at times ........... Dave Thorly played it out about a year ago and still sounded great, if a bit off tune E, W & F at times :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Regardless of all the rhetoric concerning the value and price, it's a great record but it is completely and utterly inspired by Earth Wind and Fire.

And of course no one would dare play an Earth Wind and Fire hit at a rare soul gig, would they ? :thumbsup:

I heard "Happy Feelin'" played once at Thorne, but that was a Mecca classic in it's day (1975), ditto Pockets (1977), which has had a few spins since (and rightly so!).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert