Ted Massey

• Replies 41
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sounds very very much used Ted,still its very hard too find in any condition..keep watching cos this wll rocket in price wacko.gif

Much used? one play from an appointment with the binmen more like........yes i'm sure it'll soar away in price too :rolleyes:

Derek

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Truly magnificent record, but I wouldn't buy it. What's the point in that condition? (except to say you've got an original maybe?) Another example of terminal cruelty to vinyl by the look of it!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Truly magnificent record, but I wouldn't buy it. What's the point in that condition? (except to say you've got an original maybe?) Another example of terminal cruelty to vinyl by the look of it!

Just one more reason to buy a laser vinyl player... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

OK, I know I don't understand this 'Must have the right copy at any price' that permeates the NS scene, but can someone tell me what's the difference between that record and the other 5 copies that are up for sale? One of them's got a 99p opening bid and no bidders and none of them are over 10 quid.

Social source share

OK, I know I don't understand this 'Must have the right copy at any price' that permeates the NS scene, but can someone tell me what's the difference between that record and the other 5 copies that are up for sale? One of them's got a 99p opening bid and no bidders and none of them are over 10 quid.

No offence but if you "don't".... you never will.... no point anyone trying to explain it....

Just go and read the many, many threads regarding "originals versus boots" to see what I mean....

It boils down to personal opinion and choice :thumbsup: ....

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

No offence but if you "don't".... you never will.... no point anyone trying to explain it....

Just go and read the many, many threads regarding "originals versus boots" to see what I mean....

It boils down to personal opinion and choice :wub: ....

It boils down to personal opinion and choice .....................My choice of the guy's sales list would be the

JIMMY WALLACE

Or

ERNEST MOSLEY at the right price mind :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Simple. 'Cos some people would rather cut their throats than support bootlegging, that's why!

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

Agreed tis a rare record, but i wonder what compramise should me made from a collectors point of view simply to own the disc :D

i don't get this ebay lark. i've listed/some at present 2 or 3 maybe more of this guys records(in better condition) and they didn't sell for LESS money than he is getting. my bobby sheen is a lot better condition!! what's going on??

Social source share

i don't get this ebay lark. i've listed/some at present 2 or 3 maybe more of this guys records(in better condition) and they didn't sell for LESS money than he is getting. my bobby sheen is a lot better condition!! what's going on??

I want a Salvadors, I'm bidding for this and if I get it for less than the max I'm prepared to pay it's a good deal - Simple!

Social source share

I would prefer a better condition copy to be fair. But it's not a record that you see very often, so it'll do until I can prise a better copy out of someone's hands and then this one can go on the wall.

Phil

Edited by phild
Social source share

Guest gfarrington

I would prefer a better condition copy to be fair. But it's not a record that you see very often, so it'll do until I can prise a better copy out of someone's hands and then this one can go on the wall.

Phil

expensive taste in wallpaper :D

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Should sound alot better once you give it a good te cut, then tooth paste, then warm soape water, but if its styrene, then dont bother :D

Pete Griff

Social source share

If it's playable with no jumps or skips, it wouldn't be unfair if it ended around £500 - after all, how often do you see an original Salvadors in ANY condition?

Not very often eh Gene?

I'd be very surprised if it goes for less than that, even in the condition it's in!

What would a mint one go for these days, even with a credit crunch? £1,500+ would have thought?

Social source share

Phil

Why not spend the money on something else that you don't have to discard at a later date and just wait for another copy to come around?

ROD

Social source share

I know what you mean, I have experienced the same, it just dont make sense. perhaps the buyers don't do a lot of searching of whats on offer on ebay.

Social source share

Mmmmmmmm this one is on eBay right now for less than a tenner!

The original and rare misspelt Italian Issue!

And a Minty one too!

Why would anyone want the battered green un?

:lol:

:rolleyes::wave:laugh.gif:huh:

Would that be the rare Italian copy with Ace Spectrum on the flip.... plus the added rarity of the labels being reversed :thumbsup: ....

Salvadors on Atlantic and Ace Spectrum on Wise World.... now there is a collectors "double" :lol: ....

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

I know what you mean, I have experienced the same, it just dont make sense. perhaps the buyers don't do a lot of searching of whats on offer on ebay.

i suppose. but if someone is after say bobby sheen, and put that in a search engine, all available copies would come up. then they can have mine in better cond and CHEAPER!! i give up. well not really!

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Should sound alot better once you give it a good te cut, then tooth paste, then warm soape water, but if its styrene, then dont bother :thumbsup:

Pete Griff

Salvadors is Vinyl so is Jimmy Wallace and Earnest Mosely both Salvadors and Earnest are good Chigago plastic and would stand a good clean :rolleyes:

Social source share

is it real or one of those top quality counterfeited one's ??? as it seems to have a ridge and i thought the originals had a flat label ??? have asked the seller the question and had no reply..... i would bid if he confirms 100% real , if no reply no bid :thumbsup:

It looks real to me, though in that condition I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

is it real or one of those top quality counterfeited one's ??? as it seems to have a ridge and i thought the originals had a flat label ??? have asked the seller the question and had no reply..... i would bid if he confirms 100% real , if no reply no bid :thumbsup:

Looks original to me. (But wow, if folk are considering buying this "until a better copy comes along", I must be in the presence of multi-millionaires!!) :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Not very often eh Gene?

I'd be very surprised if it goes for less than that, even in the condition it's in!

What would a mint one go for these days, even with a credit crunch? £1,500+ would have thought?

R U serious? £1500! I have a mint original, had it for years but I wouldn't rate it at that sort of money. Superb tune tho! :shhh:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

R U serious? £1500! I have a mint original, had it for years but I wouldn't rate it at that sort of money. Superb tune tho! :shhh:

I don't think £1,500 for a mint original is too outrageous, given what lesser records regularly go for! (Not that I'm in the running, but you know what I mean!) The Salvadors is up there with the all-time great spins of the Northern scene, no question in my mind.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

I don't think £1,500 for a mint original is too outrageous, given what lesser records regularly go for! (Not that I'm in the running, but you know what I mean!) The Salvadors is up there with the all-time great spins of the Northern scene, no question in my mind.

Totally agree, I'll treat it with a bit more respect from now on!LOL :wave: Played it this morning put a big smile on my face for the rest of the day. With your comments I'm on cloud nine! :shhh: & before any one asks NO it 's not for sale!

Atb...

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

It boils down to personal opinion and choice :D ....

Likewise, no offence, but I didn't ask for an explanation of the 'must have' syndrome, I asked what was wrong with the rest of the copies? I saw that a couple of them were reissues with the wrong B-side so they're no-nos, and another was a second issue which might just be a colloquialism for a pirate issue, but one of them's still on there for under two quid and looks to my simple eyes to be in almost as bad a condition as the one that's fetching silly money. I don't want to know why you spend the silly money, I want to know what disallows certain records that I might just bid on myself if they're identical as far as I'm concerned and going for under a fiver. :no:

Simple. 'Cos some people would rather cut their throats than support bootlegging, that's why!

Well I was a working muso up to a short while ago so I'm decidedly anti-bootlegers and pirates, but how can you tell? Really, if there's any way I'd love to know cos I'm really getting issed poff with product that I can see is almost certainly pirated when it finally drops through the door*. :yes:

*Actually I've got a pretty good postie. He brings all record shaped parcels around the back and puts them through the cat-flap. I think he must be a collector himself...

Social source share

Sorry, my fault.... it wasn't meant to be an explaination of the "must have the right copy" syndrome.... perhaps I should have also stressed the "don't understand" was referring to the "what's the difference between copies" bit rather than the "must have" comment.... although you could say it's all one of the same thing :yes: .....

Anyway.... regarding the "difference" bit, or as you've now phrased, the "disallows certain records" bit.... again, if anybody, not just you, doesn't understand why some folk will only buy (must have) originals then they never will.... and no ammount of explaining, giving reasons, etc., is going to change that not understanding.... that's why I also said it was "down to personal choice" to finish the reply off with.... the choice being either you choose to buy only originals or you choose to buy any issued piece of vinyl with the tune on....

Social source share

$800 for a bad condition, wol, edge chipped record?

What Credit Crunch?

The label is taking the pi** (WISE WORLD)

No wonder Levine called it 'the strange world'

Mad Mad and more Mad.

No doubting the greatness and rarity of the disc, just the thinking behind the valuation.

Ed

Edited by tomangoes
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert