Little Jimmy Scott

robhallam

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have a copy of Little Jimmy Scott 'do you get the message/the soul message' Giant 706.All the discographies list this with 'It rained forty days and nights'. Was this released twice? any info greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Rob

it was released twice with two flips, I think the soul message press is rarer but less valuable because it doesn't have the "40 days" side.

Social source share

I have a copy of Little Jimmy Scott 'do you get the message/the soul message' Giant 706.All the discographies list this with 'It rained forty days and nights'. Was this released twice? any info greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Rob

I would like this myself to complete the label,i remember joe dunlop having one of these for sale a couple of years ago but he wanted £75 for it,up until then i had'nt known of it's existence.Can you put up a scan of it?

atb,Geoff.

Social source share

wait, "40 days" came out with two flips too, right? "message" and "nobody but you."

what's this "soul message," anyway? instrumental backing to "do you get the message" or a different song?

strangely, what i think of as the most common jimmy scott on giant, "40 days"/"message," isn't even listed on the soulful kinda music discography for the giant label.

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

I would like this myself to complete the label,i remember joe dunlop having one of these for sale a couple of years ago but he wanted £75 for it,up until then i had'nt known of it's existence.Can you put up a scan of it?

atb,Geoff.

Alright geoff

dont know if your on SDF or not but I posted a scan of this 45 on there a few years ago now........it should be in the archives but if I can find the scans will post for you but my folders are in a mess at the moment......unless someone else can oblige.

cheers

mel :lol:

Social source share

wait, "40 days" came out with two flips too, right? "message" and "nobody but you."

what's this "soul message," anyway? instrumental backing to "do you get the message" or a different song?

strangely, what i think of as the most common jimmy scott on giant, "40 days"/"message," isn't even listed on the soulful kinda music discography for the giant label.

Matt, you are correct, but the two records you're talking about actually came out on different numbers. One of the numbers came out with two flips on the same number. So there are actually 3 different Little Jimmy Scott 45s on Giant.

Social source share

Alright geoff

dont know if your on SDF or not but I posted a scan of this 45 on there a few years ago now........it should be in the archives but if I can find the scans will post for you but my folders are in a mess at the moment......unless someone else can oblige.

cheers

mel :D

Cheers Mel, just found it :rolleyes: .I just wonder if one of them is a mistake.

atb,Geoff.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert