Somebody Please Answer Me This

coops

I was, until just recently retiring a Governor of the Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust (the part of the NHS in Lincolnshire that is resposible for the care of people within the County who have a diagnosed mental health contition).

Also an Associate Hospital Manager, one of a group of people who travel the County and sit on trbunals and reviews to check that a persons' mental health section is correct and within the policies of the NHS and laws of the Country.

I have also worked with many individuals with a mental health condition but a recent matter has totally perplexed me and I hope someone can shed some light on this:

Why would a promoter of events walk go to the Management Committee of a Hall that is the venue of a 'rival' event and inform the Committee that the 'rival' promoter is standing down and that He (the person in question) would like to take over the booking of the Hall for the following year?

In itself, fair enough except the 'rival' promoter had NO intention of stepping down and this person had walked into this meeting and told a blatent lie with the intent to destroy an event and then take it over himself!

My question is, what would make a person do this?

There isn't enough money in promoting Northern venues to make a living, even the likes of KR have other strings to their bows.

I just can't understand how a person would think he or she could get away with this but more important WHY would he or she even try.

Is promoting a venue such an addictive action, does it bring material wealth, respect, hordes of nubile young ladies thrashing about in admiration just for one's attention, I think not.

Please tell me, WTF is this all about.

I won't name this person, I will say it's in the Mansfield area where there seems to be more promoters than punters and I'll even say Forest town is a close proximity.

Some may guess correctly who he is, others may guess wrongly but either way, it will still be but a guess.

Perhaps he might like to come on here and explain his actions.

Sorry it's such a long post but human behaviour most certainly interests me, none more than that which is guided by thoughts outside the 'normal' parameters of psychology.

Social source share

• Replies 83
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I was, until just recently retiring a Governor of the Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust (the part of the NHS in Lincolnshire that is resposible for the care of people within the County who have a diagnosed mental health contition).

Also an Associate Hospital Manager, one of a group of people who travel the County and sit on trbunals and reviews to check that a persons' mental health section is correct and within the policies of the NHS and laws of the Country.

I have also worked with many individuals with a mental health condition but a recent matter has totally perplexed me and I hope someone can shed some light on this:

Why would a promoter of events walk go to the Management Committee of a Hall that is the venue of a 'rival' event and inform the Committee that the 'rival' promoter is standing down and that He (the person in question) would like to take over the booking of the Hall for the following year?

In itself, fair enough except the 'rival' promoter had NO intention of stepping down and this person had walked into this meeting and told a blatent lie with the intent to destroy an event and then take it over himself!

My question is, what would make a person do this?

There isn't enough money in promoting Northern venues to make a living, even the likes of KR have other strings to their bows.

I just can't understand how a person would think he or she could get away with this but more important WHY would he or she even try.

Is promoting a venue such an addictive action, does it bring material wealth, respect, hordes of nubile young ladies thrashing about in admiration just for one's attention, I think not.

Please tell me, WTF is this all about.

I won't name this person, I will say it's in the Mansfield area where there seems to be more promoters than punters and I'll even say Forest town is a close proximity.

Some may guess correctly who he is, others may guess wrongly but either way, it will still be but a guess.

Perhaps he might like to come on here and explain his actions.

Sorry it's such a long post but human behaviour most certainly interests me, none more than that which is guided by thoughts outside the 'normal' parameters of psychology.

i'm from the Mansfield area Coops,and take exception to that remark,"more promoters than punters".

Maybe in Lincs area its more venues than punters?.

If some people were'nt so far up their arse they wouldn't be using the term "promoters".Just a bunch of middle aged guys booking venues and putting on soul do's.

Proximity to Forest Town? Name 'em Coops,i too am interested in human behaviour.

Social source share

well I live in extremely close proximity to Forest Town so I'd better categorically state that its not me before anyone starts speculating :sleep3:

Cant answer your question though coops, but can confirm the bit about nubile young ladies - some strange folk about ( would like to know who it is though wicked.gif )

Social source share

Personally Would delete thread as could be construed although no names have been said

as very volatile and the current promoters do not contribute to this site (I believe)

so would not like any adverse publicity

this is my opinion and as I support thoroughly the venue concerned wholeheartedly

say please please delete as i think would cause more harm than good.

Social source share

i'm from the Mansfield area Coops,and take exception to that remark,"more promoters than punters".

Maybe in Lincs area its more venues than punters?.

If some people were'nt so far up their arse they wouldn't be using the term "promoters".Just a bunch of middle aged guys booking venues and putting on soul do's.

Proximity to Forest Town? Name 'em Coops,i too am interested in human behaviour.

it was a generalisation and not meant to cause offence, i go to that area to get my fix of oldies very often and have nothing but respect for the paying public there. their commitment to northern soul is second to none so i apologise if i have offended yourself or anyone else who misstook that statement as a slurr, sorry.

but the original question is still relevent.

Social source share

Personally Would delete thread as could be construed although no names have been said

as very volatile and the current promoters do not contribute to this site (I believe)

so would not like any adverse publicity

this is my opinion and as I support thoroughly the venue concerned wholeheartedly

say please please delete as i think would cause more harm than good.

i'll not delete it doug, it's a question, a valid question.

i will not name names but often we tend to be the sum of our actions in others' eyes.

this may be a chance for said person to post his side of 'the story' adding to the clarification of the situation, therefore standing tall and naming himself along side the reasons for his reported actions.

Social source share

i'll not delete it doug, it's a question, a valid question.

i will not name names but often we tend to be the sum of our actions in others' eyes.

this may be a chance for said person to post his side of 'the story' adding to the clarification of the situation, therefore standing tall and naming himself along side the reasons for his reported actions.

Firstly, I have no idea who is involved from any side, and and after saying that, agree with Coops that it does seem a valid question. However, was there any need for the mention of mental health? With your background in this area Coops, isn't the inference you appear to be making a bit much ?

Social source share

it was a generalisation and not meant to cause offence, i go to that area to get my fix of oldies very often and have nothing but respect for the paying public there. their commitment to northern soul is second to none so i apologise if i have offended yourself or anyone else who misstook that statement as a slurr, sorry.

but the original question is still relevent.

its not all "oldies" Coops. Apology accepted.

Original question still relevant,,,,,as is the naming,then this thread can be put to bed.

Social source share

Firstly, I have no idea who is involved from any side, and and after saying that, agree with Coops that it does seem a valid question. However, was there any need for the mention of mental health? With your background in this area Coops, isn't the inference you appear to be making a bit much ?

it's not saying that i think this person is suffering from a mental health ilness it's saying that these actions are outside the boundaries of normal/acceptable behaviour, also that i have worked with many people who do have a mental health condition of which i have understood and understood how that has influenced that persons' actions but.....

i can't for the life of me get a handle on why a person would do what this person has done!

as i say i'm not saying he's 'crazy' just asking a question in the context of perceived normal behaviour.

Social source share

I really don't see any point in this thread - unless you're going to be specific about people. Otherwise it just gives rise to rumour, speculation and bad feeling.

The references to mental health are totally irelevant and inappropriate.

i disagree there pete, all behaviour has meaning, everything we do we do for a reason, sometimes the reason is more important than the behaviour because unless that's addressed the behaviour pattern will continue.

may sound a bit deep but that's how life is at times.

i think these actions are out of order, amoral and immoral.

i am not the one to out a person but i think people should be aware that things like this are happening, when a person is armed with this information he, or she can make his or her own mind up as to whetehr to support a person capable of such actions.

i find that a bit more appropriate than if the beers cheap or cold or will i hear one record three times in an evening but, i guess that's just me then!.

Social source share

it's not saying that i think this person is suffering from a mental health ilness it's saying that these actions are outside the boundaries of normal/acceptable behaviour, also that i have worked with many people who do have a mental health condition of which i have understood and understood how that has influenced that persons' actions but.....

i can't for the life of me get a handle on why a person would do what this person has done!

as i say i'm not saying he's 'crazy' just asking a question in the context of perceived normal behaviour.

Still don't buy the reason for mentioning mental health sorry.

I'd suggest that if you got total outsiders to see some on the things that happen on the northern scene, both venues and forums like this, they would certainly think that the actions of many were beyond "perceived normal behaviour."

Got to agree with Peter99, inappropriate imo.

Social source share

Still don't buy the reason for mentioning mental health sorry.

I'd suggest that if you got total outsiders to see some on the things that happen on the northern scene, both venues and forums like this, they would certainly think that the actions of many were beyond "perceived normal behaviour."

Got to agree with Peter99, inappropriate imo.

i respect yours and petes opinions and thank you for taking the time to air them here giving this thread a certain balance, they just don't match mine.

Social source share

i disagree there pete, all behaviour has meaning, everything we do we do for a reason, sometimes the reason is more important than the behaviour because unless that's addressed the behaviour pattern will continue.

may sound a bit deep but that's how life is at times.

i think these actions are out of order, amoral and immoral.

i am not the one to out a person but i think people should be aware that things like this are happening, when a person is armed with this information he, or she can make his or her own mind up as to whetehr to support a person capable of such actions.

i find that a bit more appropriate than if the beers cheap or cold or will i hear one record three times in an evening but, i guess that's just me then!.

A well put together post Coops.

Things like this are, and have always happened.Your last paragraph is very relevant to people,especially the

"1 record, 3 times in an evening".

Anyway, put this to bed Coops,,or it'll rumble on for at least 3 pages.

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

concise and to the point Mr.Chinstroke.

Mansfield sh*t slinging , its a Mansfield thing. :lol: .

No names Coops???................then close the thread.

The Attic - Mansfield :lol:

Bentinck - KinA :no: Somebodys got to keep Cressy in Fags n Ale :lol:

Annesley :no:

Pilsley - Chesterfield, so another :no:

Can you see im getting bored now :lol:

Social source share

got to agree with the statement that no names just leads to idle gossip and rumour mongering because thats what I've just spent the last hour doing :lol:wacko.gif:lol:

sorry steve, i am just asking a question, really i am.

i want to know why a person would do this, what's to be gained.

what may be gained in the short term may be lost in the long term.

i have used an example, it is a vehicle to explain the scenario, many people may know who it is, many may not but that's NOT the question at hand.

it's not up to me to name names, if everybody is going to get hung up on WHO and not WHY then the thread IS irrelivent because i ain't asking who.

Social source share

sorry steve, i am just asking a question, really i am.

i want to know why a person would do this, what's to be gained.

what may be gained in the short term may be lost in the long term.

i have used an example, it is a vehicle to explain the scenario, many people may know who it is, many may not but that's NOT the question at hand.

it's not up to me to name names, if everybody is going to get hung up on WHO and not WHY then the thread IS irrelivent because i ain't asking who.

sorry Coops, i think you really wanted to name,but its got out of hand.

Many people know?.Then why bother starting the thread at all,unless there's a sting in the tail.?

The Mansfield area is quite capable of flying up its own backside thanks,without any "help". :lol:

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

got to agree with the statement that no names just leads to idle gossip and rumour mongering because thats what I've just spent the last hour doing :lol:wacko.gif:lol:

Good job it want me who me who got to know, eh Steve :lol:

Else everyone in Christendom would know :lol::no:

Social source share

if someone done something that i found out of the 'normal' bounds of behaviour and i wanted to know why they did it - i would ask THEM. they are the only ones that can really explain their actions. anyone else that responds is probably going to be speculation and evoke more questions than answers.

there ya go, that's my two-peneth worth :lol:

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

Whats it all about then Kev,if its owt to do with that other thread that Graham Weaver started then maybe he should come on here and finish off what he started on there . No good leaving everyone in the dark the suspence is too great :lol:

i only know as much as in Coops first post.

But Mansfield got a mention,and you know me....hook,line etc... :lol:

Good title for a song.."come back and finish what you started", got a feeling its not going to happen. :lol:

Social source share

Whats it all about then Kev,if its owt to do with that other thread that Graham Weaver started then maybe he should come on here and finish off what he started on there . No good leaving everyone in the dark the suspence is too great :lol:

Yes what is going on, seen Pilsley's name mentioned in this thread why? no good telling half a story, is someone trying to stir something up.

Social source share

Yes what is going on, seen Pilsley's name mentioned in this thread why? no good telling half a story, is someone trying to stir something up.

i don't think so Barry, it's just that some are reading someting in the question that isn't there to be read!

Social source share

no his younger brother michael.

guess they both like having a pop at me, a family thing?

having a pop :lol: .. why is everything about you :lol: .. don't take life so seriously mate. Lighten up abit, you might actually enjoy it :lol:

Social source share

having a pop :lol: .. why is everything about you :lol: .. don't take life so seriously mate. Lighten up abit, you might actually enjoy it :lol:

you have no idea about the level of enjoyment in my life, you don't even know me.

so hey, why not leave 'me' out of this and stay on topic please.

p.s. yes, it's MY question so obviously it's about ME wanting an answer, hope that's not too complicated.

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

Was only me Barry, only discounting the Events in the local area, which i attend

and am likely to attend again :lol:

So what i put in my first post on this thread, is my opinion on this matter :lol:

Regards

Paul

Social source share