Guest Andy Kempster

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

US or UK?......issue or Demo?..........theres also a 33 RPM version of the "Discotheqoe 66" series which came out on a 12 inch sampler.

I sold my UK demo to a member on here a while back to buy the UK issue.

US issue, around the £200 £250 mark, UK Demo £250-£300.....UK issue (Dog rare!) £400-£450

Someone could have a different idea on prices but at the end of the day its what someones prepared to pay.

wink.gif

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

US or UK?......issue or Demo?..........theres also a 78 RPM version of the "Discotheqoe 66" series which came out on a 10 inch I think.

US issue, around the £200 £250 mark, UK Demo £250-£300.....UK issue (Dog rare!) £400-£450

Someone could have a different idea on prices but at the end of the day its what someones prepared to pay.

wink.gif

being the tight arse that i am i would be looking for the cheapest format so i would guess that would be the US issue, is it true that there is a boot with the name spelt differently...??? patton intead of patten? or vice versa?

Social source share

being the tight arse that i am i would be looking for the cheapest format so i would guess that would be the US issue, is it true that there is a boot with the name spelt differently...??? patton intead of patten? or vice versa?

Found the thread ALL about this monster!

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Alexand...ton#entry664596

Actually ive seen the UK demo go for £400 recently ohmy.gif

:sleep3:

Social source share

Bootleg has the title on two lines Andy.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

US or UK?......issue or Demo?..........theres also a 78 RPM version of the "Discotheqoe 66" series which came out on a 10 inch I think.

wink.gif

thumbsup.gif .........................most of the red pen now gone Steve :sleep3:

About spot on with the price IMO. UK issue is very rare but the demo is not that easy to pick up also.

Steve J

Social source share

there's supposed to be a real one with surname spelt Patton but has anyone ever seen one?

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

there's supposed to be a real one with surname spelt Patton but has anyone ever seen one?

so does that mean the US issue has the title all on one line and the name spelt PATTEN and not Patton

Social source share

:sleep3:

Sold my UK issue and kept the Demo - I just love the RW demo !!

Also got a mint US issue - would sell for the right price ( US Capitol sleeve initialled by the man himself at prestwich a couple of years ago) thumbup.gif

Julian

Social source share

Also got a mint US issue - would sell for the right price ( US Capitol sleeve initialled by the man himself at prestwich a couple of years ago) thumbup.gif

Julian

This is one of those minefields like the Exuse Trek saga.....

The Canadian issue is usually a very reasonable price also.

Hi Julian :sleep3:

Social source share

:sleep3: .........................most of the red pen now gone Steve :huh:

About spot on with the price IMO. UK issue is very rare but the demo is not that easy to pick up also.

Steve J

Hi Steve, you will have to PM me the details of how you did this, I often pulled it out thinking I would have a go but didnt have the nerve unsure.gif

What I never understood was how the hell it plays so damn good......crisp as .....errm.....a really crispy thing! rolleyes.gif

:yes:

Social source share

so does that mean the US issue has the title all on one line and the name spelt PATTEN and not Patton

Are these of any help ?

Malc Burton

post-5097-1226943356_thumb.jpg

post-5097-1226943371_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

The USA Originals were by Alexander Patten

There was no Demo of this release in the USA.

When it was released in the UK they changed the spelling to Alexander PattOn.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

The USA Originals were by Alexander Patten

There was no Demo of this release in the USA.

When it was released in the UK they changed the spelling to Alexander PattOn.

Not strictly true about there being no US demo.

Alexander Patten was issued in the US in 1966 on one of a series of white label Capitol promotional 12" distributed only to US radio stations containing various artists from various musical genres.

These 12" promos are very rare and collectible in their own right and their sound quality is far superior to the standard 7" releases.

Others in this series of Capitol promotional LPs featured such tracks as Bobby Paris "I Walked Away" and Patrice Holloway's "Stolen Hours" and HB Barnum's "Heartbreaker" and the Checkmates "Kissin Her and Crying" etc ...

Also interesting in light of the long held perception amongst soul fans over the years that the major labels like RCA and MGM etc never knew or really cared to promote their soul/RnB output throughout the 60's and 70's.

These LPs are if nothing else evidence that Capitol was at least testing the waters with radio stations on soul and RnB tracks that were being released by the label ...

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Also got a mint US issue - would sell for the right price ( US Capitol sleeve initialled by the man himself at prestwich a couple of years ago) :thumbup:

Julian

I've still got your original red & White UK copy you had at the Wheel Julian :thumbup:

hope you are well

Rob

Social source share

Bootleg has the title on two lines Andy.

Steve,

Not exactly right but close, you need to read the complete info on the counterfeit in the MANSHIPS NEW PRICE GUIDE 5.

It was pressed by Capitol using both the AIM matrix & the DAISY matrix. It was also pressed by Capitol with the title on one line & on two lines.

Full exact info is in PG5

John

Social source share

Steve,

Not exactly right but close, you need to read the complete info on the counterfeit in the MANSHIPS NEW PRICE GUIDE 5.

It was pressed by Capitol using both the AIM matrix & the DAISY matrix. It was also pressed by Capitol with the title on one line & on two lines.

Full exact info is in PG5

John

Is the one on two lines spelt PATTON John ? I've just looked at edition three and it says that this was the case but but you ask has anybody seen a copy?. Has one now deffo turned up ?

I'll get v5 soon John.

Social source share

Alexander Patten was issued in the US in 1966 on one of a series of white label Capitol promotional 12" distributed only to US radio stations containing various artists from various musical genres.

Good information, although I meant there was no 7" 45 demo, like the light green label demo or the white label with the blue writing demo.

Intresting about the 12" promotional demo, as I often wondered how Capitol promoted the releases that they did not demo with a standard 7" disc.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Is the one on two lines spelt PATTON John ? I've just looked at edition three and it says that this was the case but but you ask has anybody seen a copy?. Has one now deffo turned up ?

I'll get v5 soon John.

The USA releases where both spelt Patten. The only ones spelt Patton are UK copies.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert