Gwen Mccrae "melody Of Life"

What is the value of Gwen McCrae "The Melody of Life" promo copy?

I know the album sells for a couple of hundreds.....

I just found a promo of the 7". I have seen it sell for around $90 one or two years ago. I also found two copies on popsike at $70-$90 but in Manships 4th guide it is set to £15 for an issue. This makes me in doubt.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What is the value of Gwen McCrae "The Melody of Life" promo copy?

I know the album sells for a couple of hundreds.....

I just found a promo of the 7". I have seen it sell for around $90 one or two years ago. I also found two copies on popsike at $70-$90 but in Manships 4th guide it is set to £15 for an issue. This makes me in doubt.

What does the 12" go for?

Jordi

Social source share

john had a few copies a couple of years ago at 15 quid and they flew out. i reacon it may be nearer 50

these days. dont know what it is in the new guide as i wont be getting that til xmas. might be cheaper on the bay wink.gif

dave

we had a 100 count box of these, we stopped selling it @ £15 recently as everyone was buying it of us, some reselling it @ £50 or more

we have a few some left... we'll list again today @ £50.00 as it seems to be climbing in demand. if anyone wants a copy.

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/search.php?Po...it=power+search

new price guide 5 lists it @ £50.

Edited by john manship
Social source share

we had a 100 count box of these, we stopped selling it @ £15 recently as everyone was buying it of us, some reselling it @ £50 or more

we have a few some left... we'll list again today @ £50.00 as it seems to be climbing in demand. if anyone wants a copy.

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/search.php?Po...it=power+search

new price guide 5 lists it @ £50.

The Gwen McRae LP "Melody of Life" has long been a sought after piece by both funk and soul collectors especially on the 80's rare groove scene.

There's always been a fair bit of conjecture though on originals vs boots of this LP .... that is, boots that were done in the 80s at the time of the LP's initial popularity with thick hard cardboard sleeves (and before the wholesale mass "reproduction" of virtually every rare soul and funk LP by Scorpio in the US that occurred in the 90s up to the present, using digital photo wrap around cover sleeves).

John, can you enlighten us on how to tell the difference between the originals and those supposed early boots ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert