Hesitations..new Born Free Lp...how Good Is This

Dennisoul

In my ignorance, until a couple of weeks ago I never gave this LP a second thought. Always passing it by and never listening or purchasing this readily available lp...More fool me!!! It`s a stunner,.... I`d put some of the tracks up but a canny dae it....!

Luckily Baz A has put " Lets Groove" on refosoul so I`ve included that one below, hopefully somebody will put others up from the " New Born Free" lp.

For me its up there with their Soul Superman LP.

Andy

"Lets Groove"

Edited by Dennisoul
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Speaking of UK London,

That reminds me the title track came out on a London 45 b/w "Push a little bit harder"

I've got an orange demo of this! :D

But also I have to agree the album is not bad, I always quite liked "Don't go"

Never had a cover for my copy - a 50p special from Robinsons records in Manchester - late 70's / early 80's ish

Social source share

Some great tracks and it's Larry Banks producing and writing at his best. I think my copy of the LP is really separATED STEREO WHICH SOUNDS WEAK COMPARED TO A kAPP 10" ACETATE i HAVE OF IT.

CAN'T BEAT GOOD OLD MONOPHONIC FOR THOSE 60T'S LP ANYWAY.

BRI PINCH.

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 14TH DECEMBER, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Social source share

As good as SS???! A fine album it is but as good as SS? :thumbup:

Picked it up from the Bowl many many years ago, must admit tho' the version of 'we can do it' is trouser expandingly good, altho' Jaibi's got the edge.

Nice call

Jim thumbsup.gif

Jim, would never argue anybodies preference on this one, it is a genuine close call, I love both of em, but aswell as the more uptempo tracks on "Born Free" the killer ballads "Love is everywhere", "I wish it could be me", "Don,t go" and especially "I believe in love" add the weight to sway it for me, but thats IMHO,

Regards

Kev

Social source share

Love all this chat and exchanging of opinions about this life enhancing music :thumbup: .

Gave the album another spin tonite and you know what? It's a bloody stonker.

What would all these guys think about us discussing their music all these years on?

Thank God someone saw fit to explore the GWP,RCA and Pied Piper back roster so it could help all us get thru' the treacle, like the man said,'know Soul know happiness, no Soul no happiness'.

Larry, GWP, RCA and the Steele Road Sherlocks

we are not worthy

Jim thumbsup.gif

Edited by Jim Elliott
Social source share

Some great tracks and it's Larry Banks producing and writing at his best. I think my copy of the LP is really separATED STEREO WHICH SOUNDS WEAK COMPARED TO A kAPP 10" ACETATE i HAVE OF IT.

Here's the Hesitations website , the group are still going strong.

https://www.thehesitations.com/

Surely they must be absolutely Number One on every promoter's list to tour as a live act ?!

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert