Cafe Regio's - Gary The Master Blaster Voc & Inst

Just a quick update for everyone who received the initial copies from the faulty pressing run of "Cafe Regio's" - Gary The Master Blaster and to everyone who has PM'd me over the course of the last few weeks.

Yippee! We finally have PERFECT 7" U.S. vinyl copies of the record!

It's taken us the best part of 4 weeks, 4 lots of test-pressings which were rejected and two pressing plants to finally get a decent pressing. Everyone who received the original copies will now receive a fresh copy in the post in the next day or two and I'll reply to the various enquiries I've had over the next 48 hours, OK?

Here is the updated release info for anyone who's interested:-

post-9434-1226414356.jpg

"CAF° REGIO'S" - GARY THE MASTER BLASTER!

VOC & INST

Soul Intention Records are delighted to announce their debut limited-edition 7" only vinyl release of Isaac Hayes' "Caf Regio's" by Gary The Master Blaster backed with a previously unheard instrumental version.

It has taken 4 different batches of test-pressings, 2 months and two different record pressing plants to finally get a decent pressing which we can release with pride! The art of pressing 7" vinyl is slowly going the same way as dry-stone walling, so the sheer amount of blood, sweat and tears we went through to finally get this out would need a small book to document the experience!

But it's here at last! And the record sounds just fantastic!

This record has been pressed on a limited-edition U.S. 7" pressing of 1000 records only on the Soul-Intention label and was released on Monday 10th November 2008. The record is being self-distributed and only targeted towards a vinyl-friendly audience - our motto is "Keeping The Faith In Vinyl" and that's exactly what we propose to do with Soul Intention! So the record goes only to the right people, the right dealers and the right shops.

This has never been on vinyl before and is backed with an alternative instrumental take by the Master Blaster Band. The story has been well documented elsewhere on Soul Source and other websites but essentially this is an updated version of Isaac Hayes' "Cafe Regio's" (the 'B' side of "Shaft" no less) which was recorded in 1998 and then overlaid with an original 1970 radio rap from Gary The Master Blaster - the legendary radio D.J. from Miami radio station WCKO who established a huge local audience as a result of his organic early radio 'raps' which were typical of the personality DJ's on U.S. black music stations in the early 1970's.

We think this is a unique record which sounds like a breath of fresh air when played loud and is almost like a Detroit up-tempo version of the original Ike Hayes tune with such a Soulful DJ on top of it. A real one-off recording! The alternative-take instrumental version by the Master Blaster Band is simply cream on the top. Hope you enjoy it!

For further info on Soul Intention releases please PM either myself or Phil Dick.

Best,

Ian D :thumbsup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest andyrattigan

Just a quick update for everyone who received the initial copies from the faulty pressing run of "Cafe Regio's" - Gary The Master Blaster and to everyone who has PM'd me over the course of the last few weeks.

Yippee! We finally have PERFECT 7" U.S. vinyl copies of the record!

It's taken us the best part of 4 weeks, 4 lots of test-pressings which were rejected and two pressing plants to finally get a decent pressing. Everyone who received the original copies will now receive a fresh copy in the post in the next day or two and I'll reply to the various enquiries I've had over the next 48 hours, OK?

Here is the updated release info for anyone who's interested:-

post-9434-1226414356.jpg

"CAF° REGIO'S" - GARY THE MASTER BLASTER!

VOC & INST

Soul Intention Records are delighted to announce their debut limited-edition 7" only vinyl release of Isaac Hayes' "Caf Regio's" by Gary The Master Blaster backed with a previously unheard instrumental version.

It has taken 4 different batches of test-pressings, 2 months and two different record pressing plants to finally get a decent pressing which we can release with pride! The art of pressing 7" vinyl is slowly going the same way as dry-stone walling, so the sheer amount of blood, sweat and tears we went through to finally get this out would need a small book to document the experience!

But it's here at last! And the record sounds just fantastic!

This record has been pressed on a limited-edition U.S. 7" pressing of 1000 records only on the Soul-Intention label and was released on Monday 10th November 2008. The record is being self-distributed and only targeted towards a vinyl-friendly audience - our motto is "Keeping The Faith In Vinyl" and that's exactly what we propose to do with Soul Intention! So the record goes only to the right people, the right dealers and the right shops.

This has never been on vinyl before and is backed with an alternative instrumental take by the Master Blaster Band. The story has been well documented elsewhere on Soul Source and other websites but essentially this is an updated version of Isaac Hayes' "Cafe Regio's" (the 'B' side of "Shaft" no less) which was recorded in 1998 and then overlaid with an original 1970 radio rap from Gary The Master Blaster - the legendary radio D.J. from Miami radio station WCKO who established a huge local audience as a result of his organic early radio 'raps' which were typical of the personality DJ's on U.S. black music stations in the early 1970's.

We think this is a unique record which sounds like a breath of fresh air when played loud and is almost like a Detroit up-tempo version of the original Ike Hayes tune with such a Soulful DJ on top of it. A real one-off recording! The alternative-take instrumental version by the Master Blaster Band is simply cream on the top. Hope you enjoy it!

For further info on Soul Intention releases please PM either myself or Phil Dick.

Best,

Ian D :thumbsup:

Any chance of a soundclip?

The original is one of my favourite Soul instrumentals

Social source share

Any chance of a soundclip?

The original is one of my favourite Soul instrumentals

Only got the Gary The Master Blaster vocal handy Andy (no pun intended)! :thumbsup:

Will post the instrumental version up as soon as I can get hold of it (two different masters went to two different pressing plants which means that I don't have one handy right now, which is bloody typical).

Here is the 'A' side - a phenomenal 1070 downloads since it was first posted here on Soul Source a couple of months back:-

Gary The Master Blaster "Cafe Regio's" Soul Intention Limited-Edition 7"

https://www.zshare.net/audio/183698315b8bc59d/

Enjoy!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

Only got the Gary The Master Blaster vocal handy Andy (no pun intended)! :D

Will post the instrumental version up as soon as I can get hold of it (two different masters went to two different pressing plants which means that I don't have one handy right now, which is bloody typical).

Here is the 'A' side - a phenomenal 1070 downloads since it was first posted here on Soul Source a couple of months back:-

Gary The Master Blaster "Cafe Regio's" Soul Intention Limited-Edition 7"

https://www.zshare.net/audio/183698315b8bc59d/

Enjoy!

Ian D :D

Cheers Ian,

It was the Gary Blaster version I wanted to hear, Ive got the original.

For some reason I cant listen to that link.

I will look in Refo soul for a sound clip.

Social source share

Cheers Ian,

It was the Gary Blaster version I wanted to hear, Ive got the original.

For some reason I cant listen to that link.

I will look in Refo soul for a sound clip.

Hi Andy,

Try it again mate. I just tried it and it worked fine. There have been a further 18 downloads in the last hour or so, so maybe the traffic was too heavy. Should be OK now......

Ian D :D

Social source share

hi, received a test copy off phil dick last week and played it at joe,s bar (darlington) last sat night.....went down very well....top tune. :lol::lol:rolleyes.gif

You got a promo Graham!!!! Doing better than I am mate! :thumbup:

All previous buyers of the track have now been re-mailed the brand new pristine copies - they should be on everyone's doormat by tomorrow morning, so I'm just about finalised on sorting out everyone who had originally paid for a decent pressing. Now you have 'em folks.

If any order has slipped through the net for any reason, then please feel free to drop me PM and I'll get it sorted, OK?

Also a GREAT gig at the 100 Club tonight with Russ Winstanley, Jo Wallace and Lois Williams slaying the dance-floor (to celebrate the release of "A Complete Inroduction To Northern Soul"), so all good! To see such a vibe on a wet Tuesday night in London with 200 rabid soul fans was just brilliant. Oh yeah and a FREE bar all night which undoubtably helped........

Several key radio plays are coming up tover the next few days so we hope the record will speard like wildfire accross a numer of scenes. Exciting times! This is just the beginning LOL............

Oh yeah, and if there are broadminded GREAT DJ's out there or, in fact, simply anyone who loves a fresh record which sounds like a breath of fresh air, then just PM me and I'll get the sucker to ya! How's that for enthusiam? :yes:

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest grahamt

:lol: i received a white label "test copy" (for which i had paid for) cracking tune

"All previous buyers of the track have now been re-mailed the brand new pristine copies - they should be on everyone's doormat by tomorrow morning, so I'm just about finalised on sorting out everyone who had originally paid for a decent pressing. Now you have 'em folks."

rolleyes.gif do,s this mean i,ll receive one with a label on now?.....graham :thumbup::yes::lol:

Social source share

:lol: i received a white label "test copy" (for which i had paid for) cracking tune

"All previous buyers of the track have now been re-mailed the brand new pristine copies - they should be on everyone's doormat by tomorrow morning, so I'm just about finalised on sorting out everyone who had originally paid for a decent pressing. Now you have 'em folks."

rolleyes.gif do,s this mean i,ll receive one with a label on now?.....graham :thumbup::yes::lol:

Sure does dude. PM me your address and I'll whack one in't post. You must have got that off Phil 'cos I haven't sold a TP. I sent out a load of packages yesterday and I'll be doing the sweep-up operation today but PM me your address anyway just to be on the safe side, OK?

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

many thank,s ian, address sent via pm......g

You're welcome mate!

Also expect to hear this on the radio this week too. Should have some plays coming courtesy of Eddie Piller and Gary Crowley touch wood. We may even get some Radio 1, 2 and 6 with luck..............

Boy, this record sounds just GREAT over a big system. I couldn't be happier now!

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

My second copy arrived today,on turntablenow,superb Ian,ta,John Elias :ohmy:

Great stuff Elias! Plus the instrumental kicks ass doesn't it!

The final load to everyone who ordered the first copies is going out today, so I've finally caught up with the faulty pressing fiasco now. Time to start promoting the bugger now.......!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Ian

I played this last night and a few times this morning at home :lol: ...............the kids think it's fantastic two girls 12/13 the younger one has it on her phone now (soz)......after all the new R&B and Rap sh*t they play and like :lol:.............................. i have new hope they will turn out ok after all :yes:

Steve J

Social source share

Ian

I played this last night and a few times this morning at home :g: ...............the kids think it's fantastic two girls 12/13 the younger one has it on her phone now (soz)......after all the new R&B and Rap sh*t they play and like :wave: .............................. i have new hope they will turn out ok after all :wave:

Steve J

Nice one Steve.

LOL, maybe that's where our audience lies! Now all we need is another 20 thousand young girls and we'll have a good Xmas!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert