Why'd You Put It To Me Baby

Peter99

Got sent a CD of Sams first set at Wigan - cracking it is too!

Anyway there's a track on there which used to me one of my fave plays - I've not heard it for years and can't remember who it's buy or the name of the record. Been pulling my hair out for over an hour - just can't remember! sad.gif

The chorus is "Why'd you put it to me baby" - I might even have misunderstood the lyrics for all these years!

It's not as if it's a semi known - it was massive!

Anyone put me out of my misery?

Thanks

Peter :thumbsup:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

DON'T PULL ANY MORE HAIR OUT, i think you will find the record is WHY'D YOU PUT IT TO ME BABY - THE SHORT PEOPLE -GUSTO 179 hope this helps ------SAM :thumbsup:

Social source share

I knew you'd like it! :lol:

Yep - due a revival in my book. Been absolute years since I heard this out - hence my not remembering what the fook it was.

Anyone got a clip of either version?

there ya go :D

Social source share

Pretty sure they are both the same cut - just the name on the label is different?

:D Both one & the same, Glass Hammer was the first release as a B side, then I think as it was getting more plays than the A side they re-released it but changed the band name to cash in on some other chart success. Think i've remembered it right ? Glass Hammer was defiantly first though :lol:

One of the few 70's tunes to survive a 90's cull of my record collection......... :lol: Don't know why though...I got rid of better :D

post-5566-1226441548_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert