Dj's

• Replies 211
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yep, healthy debate......it's a lazy Sunday and don't wanna spoil it with an arguement  wink.gif   :D

PS I've a soundfile will sort one out and post on site for all to hear  :thumbsup:

link

Lazy sunday indeed...sunny day, few pints, and a bottle of red on the go.. :shades:

How come you've kept a soundfile of it then Chalky.... :thumbsup:

Come out any time mate...we'll welcome you with open arms... laugh.gif

Social source share

Lazy sunday indeed...sunny day, few pints, and a bottle of red on the go.. :thumbsup:

How come you've kept a soundfile of it then Chalky.... :thumbsup:

Come out any time mate...we'll welcome you with open arms... wink.gif

link

I've got soundfiles of all kinds of shite :shades: Got some good soundfiles too though (IMHO) laugh.gif

Social source share

Right, there's enough of you looking in.....check out the soundfile and post your thoughts time...is it....

1. Low down and dirty like Chalkys underpants...

2. Rockin' and contagious like Mace's personality...

:thumbsup:   :shades:

link

Deffo R&B Mace, top stuff none the less.

A mixture of 1 & 2: Maces contagious underpants? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Linda...lets scare 'em to death with Piney Brown....do you have a soundfile?

Now that is low down and dirty..... :thumbsup:

link

i HAVENT GOT IT..THANKS !!!!!

Social source share

Guest rachel

Right, there's enough of you looking in.....check out the soundfile and post your thoughts time...is it....

1. Low down and dirty like Chalkys underpants...

2. Rockin' and contagious like Mace's personality...

:thumbsup:   wink.gif

link

Not one I can see crossing over into Northern rooms... if I had my occasional R&B head on and was in an R&B room then no probs (though to be honest it sounds like a lot of other R&B tracks to me)... but just too R&B for Northern IMO... (I know what I mean) :thumbsup::shades:

Social source share

Not one I can see crossing over into Northern rooms... if I had my occasional R&B head on and was in an R&B room then no probs (though to be honest it sounds like a lot of other R&B tracks to me)... but just too R&B for Northern IMO...  (I know what I mean) :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

link

Fair point...but does sound the business over a big sound system in a club, and is very contagious.......like I said - will make a good discussion point in 12 months time. :shades:

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Fair point...but does sound the business over a big sound system in a club, and is very contagious.......like I said - will make a good discussion point in 12 months time. :thumbsup:

link

When its a £500 jobbie....ha ha ha

Social source share

Not one I can see crossing over into Northern rooms... if I had my occasional R&B head on and was in an R&B room then no probs (though to be honest it sounds like a lot of other R&B tracks to me)... but just too R&B for Northern IMO...  (I know what I mean) :shades:   wink.gif

link

It's a brilliant record. :thumbsup:

It has crossed into Northern rooms.....look who mentioned it first :D

I'm just pleased you didn't say:

"There's no place for it on the Northern scene"

I don't think anyone, not even Chalky has the right to say that about a record :thumbsup:

Good evening all BTW laugh.gif

Social source share

Making a good discussion point now  :thumbsup:

link

It is, but I will find it a better discussion point in 12 months time when (nearly) everyone will be agreeing with me (maybe even you Chalks, if you find the way out of the closet... :shades: ).... :thumbsup:

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Guest rachel

posted R&R/R&B soundfiles in post 60...after i edited it...check em out

link

Miss Lavell - a bit different, like the tune but a bit 'shouty' and the backing's a bit 'sparse' for my tastes.

Harvey Hantz - nursery rhyme lyrics are never a good thing :thumbsup:

Hard to judge on the pc really... I do like a bit of R&B but doesn't make good listening-at-home music IMO, different on a dancefloor... but when it comes to playing it in Northern rooms find a lot of it just too 'hard', jars with the other stuff...

Social source share

I don't think anyone, not even Chalky has the right to say that about a record :shades:

Good evening all BTW yes.gif

link

Good evening :D I wouldn't want to tell anyone what to play or listen too. Any comments I make are my opinion only and my opinion of what I want to and don't want to hear :D Don't expect anyone to like what I like and listen too. At the end of the day it's all down to personal choice and preference :P There's always summat I don't like played at venues, I know though there will soon be something I do like played :thumbsup:

It's still got no place in a Northern Room of mine :thumbsup:laugh.gif:P:D

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Miss Lavell - a bit different, like the tune but a bit 'shouty' and the backing's a bit 'sparse' for my tastes.

Harvey Hantz - nursery rhyme lyrics are never a good thing  :thumbsup:

Hard to judge on the pc really... I do like a bit of R&B but doesn't make good listening-at-home music IMO, different on a dancefloor... but when it comes to playing it in Northern rooms find a lot of it just too 'hard', jars with the other stuff...

link

I just put them on Rach to see who said they were R&B and who said they were R&R....I know the world of northern soul isn't ready for this sort of stuff....YET :thumbsup:

Social source share

Harvey Hantz - nursery rhyme lyrics are never a good thing  :thumbsup:

link

'Tis hard to judge on p.c. Rach.

Like I said, 'Little Annie' does really sound the business in a club (though I suppose that could be said of a million tunes)

Love to play it alongside Jo Anne Henderson 'Baby please don't go' me feet are tapping at the thought of it... :thumbsup:

Social source share

There's always summat I don't like played at venues, I know though there will soon be something I do like played  :thumbsup:

link

Same as us all Chalky......would be a perfect world otherwise, and our scene has no place in a perfect world.... :thumbsup:

Goes back to my point that you wouldn't mind being in a venue where this was played then, as long as other tunes floated your boat then.... :shades:

Social source share

that anna belle caser track is absolute crap!!!!!!!! why so expensive - have the fbi declared there was only 1 copy made so lets play it on teh 'northern' scene - i thought the scene was getting silly these days but this is really scarpinthe old barrel folks !

Social source share

that anna belle caser track is absolute crap!!!!!!!! why so expensive - have the fbi declared there was only 1 copy made so lets play it on teh 'northern' scene - i thought the scene was getting silly these days but this is really scarpinthe old barrel folks !

link

Take it you don't like it then Grant...... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Same as us all Chalky......would be a perfect world otherwise, and our scene has no place in a perfect world.... :thumbsup:

Goes back to my point that you wouldn't mind being in a venue where this was played then, as long as other tunes floated your boat then.... :shades:

link

errrrr :thumbsup:wink.gif

Social source share

Guest rachel

It's a brilliant record. :thumbsup:

It has crossed into Northern rooms.....look who mentioned it first :D

I'm just pleased you didn't say:

"There's no place for it on the Northern scene"

I don't think anyone, not even Chalky has the right to say that about a record :thumbsup:

Good evening all BTW :shades:

link

Good evening Dave laugh.gif

Err ok, I suppose I meant crossed over in a major way a la Big Daddy Rogers etc... seems to me the R&B tunes that have gone big in Northern rooms are the ones with something a bit different from the normal R&B, not quite sure what but they seem to be more 'accessible' to the majority of the Northern crowd... whereas often DJs trying to introduce the earlier, heavier sounds provoke grumbling :P

As for "no place".. that's up to the dancefloor/majority to decide... yes.gif

Social source share

link

Take it you don't like it then Grant...... :thumbsup:

link

Not another closet R&B fan Mace :shades::thumbsup:wink.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

willis wooten was on my sales list /  sales box for ages , i trade it with hammy as part of a deal then he lists it as a current spin and all of a sudden i get 2 emails from folks wanting to buy it

strange world of northern soul

link

There's one on ebay at the moment ending tomorrow i think, nice record :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

link

no matter how much i hate modern soul...or wishy washy type northern.....i never call them Crap !!!!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert