Guest the dukester

• Replies 10
  • Views 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have been thinking about this for the last few days, is there another version of this.

£25 to £40.

Its worth more than that IMHO. There's only two on popsike, one $170 or so (2004) and on just over a £100 (2007). Forget what I paid for mine, that was off ebay but wasn't either these two I mention.

There is another version but it's poor in comparison IMHO, search for the title there's a topic on here couple of months ago. I didn't know of the other version at the time.

Social source share

If you only want a cheapo it did come out on a budget sampler called WHATS HAPPENING STATESIDE should be able to pick it up for a £10 or so --- hope this helps ------ PAUL

FRIDAY 28th November (a night to remember)

MID TEMPO NIGHT AT "THE CITY" PETERBOROUGH PEIIJL

DJs RAY & RUSS PAUL JOHNSON & PHIL RAINS

£3 entry

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I got mine for £12 and there was a few other copies at that time as well, a bit of a Bruce Forsyth Didn't He Do Well.

Great LP never would have guessed it was that price.

I checked Popsike and see that it came out on UK 45

You need to be careful here..........The UK 45 of this is NOT the same version as the studio version on the US LP [think this came out as a UK LP as well but dont quote me on that]. The studio version on the LP is far superior to the UK 45 which is a Live version recorded in the UK with a British[scottish] backing band by the name of "The Senate". Recorded at either Sussex University or Club A Go Go on his UK tour in 1967 i seem to remember. Stick with the studio version i say.

The ALAIHY LP is worth around £75 i`d say and you dont see it much at all IMO, in fact,far less than many Northern records commonly regarded as "rare"

Garnet Mimms We`re Not Worthy wink.gif Isnt he just the best ? :lol:

IVOR

Social source share

You need to be careful here..........The UK 45 of this is NOT the same version as the studio version on the US LP [think this came out as a UK LP as well but dont quote me on that]. The studio version on the LP is far superior to the UK 45 which is a Live version recorded in the UK with a British[scottish] backing band by the name of "The Senate". Recorded at either Sussex University or Club A Go Go on his UK tour in 1967 i seem to remember. Stick with the studio version i say.

The ALAIHY LP is worth around £75 i`d say and you dont see it much at all IMO, in fact,far less than many Northern records commonly regarded as "rare"

Garnet Mimms We`re Not Worthy :ohmy: Isnt he just the best ? wink.gif

IVOR

I picked this up years ago upstairs in some shop in Preston for my last tenner. Love ALAIHY. Played it tonight in fact. Mine's a bit battered now. If I'd have known it was worth that much I'd have put it in a plastic sleeve!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert