2 Rooms Or 1

Guest kid mohair

Guest kid mohair

Ok, apologize if its been done i suppose it as, anyway.......just wondered about peoples views on 2 rooms at soul nights not nighters, we run the market harborough night and this year have 2rooms i personally like them :thumbsup: the second room whether it be rnb,modern or owt else think that the djs can really play the stuff that probably they would not if it was in the main room and of course if there's stuff being played you don't like,, go to the other room, bit of feed back would be good......... thanks.....Andy.

Edited by kid mohair
Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest STANGROUND SOUL

I think 2 rooms is beter ,we at the Fleet in peterborough have 2 rooms and that is the best way we found ,alot of people who come like it this way ,the modern djs have allnight to play there stuff and do there own thing and the same with the oldies room .so yes 2 rooms :thumbsup:

Social source share

I think alot of the problems or benefits of having two rooms, depends on the venue layout.

For example, Moldies do at the Crossley Club in Lightwater. It used to be two rooms, one upstairs playing northern/oldies and one downstairs playing modern/crossover. The problem was that the bar and toilets are downstairs, therefore people would go downstairs for a drink (or a leak) and end up staying for longer downstairs chatting to others. This resulted in more people downstairs than up. Since just holding it in just the one room, I think it has improved. However I'm sure there would be others who would say they preferred the two room set up.

I attended Bisley once when they had two rooms operating, oldies in the main hall & modern in a second room. I thought the music in the second room was better (also the sound system), but it wasn't promoted that much. Another benefit would have been if the bar and toilets in the second room had been open. This room I felt had the potential to attract a whole different crowd to those who normally attend Bisley and in fact increase the attendance of an event that is already well attended.

So for what it's worth, my opinion is that sometimes it isn't just the different types of music played, but sometimes the venue has a big part to play.

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

I think alot of the problems or benefits of having two rooms, depends on the venue layout.

For example, Moldies do at the Crossley Club in Lightwater. It used to be two rooms, one upstairs playing northern/oldies and one downstairs playing modern/crossover. The problem was that the bar and toilets are downstairs, therefore people would go downstairs for a drink (or a leak) and end up staying for longer downstairs chatting to others. This resulted in more people downstairs than up. Since just holding it in just the one room, I think it has improved. However I'm sure there would be others who would say they preferred the two room set up.

I attended Bisley once when they had two rooms operating, oldies in the main hall & modern in a second room. I thought the music in the second room was better (also the sound system), but it wasn't promoted that much. Another benefit would have been if the bar and toilets in the second room had been open. This room I felt had the potential to attract a whole different crowd to those who normally attend Bisley and in fact increase the attendance of an event that is already well attended.

So for what it's worth, my opinion is that sometimes it isn't just the different types of music played, but sometimes the venue has a big part to play.

Yea ,defo agree the layout as to be right...

Social source share

I think 2 rooms is beter ,we at the Fleet in peterborough have 2 rooms and that is the best way we found ,alot of people who come like it this way ,the modern djs have allnight to play there stuff and do there own thing and the same with the oldies room .so yes 2 rooms :thumbsup:

Yes, but in Peterborough 75% of the "modern" records get played in the northern room!

Social source share

Guest STANGROUND SOUL

Not at the Fleet not now anyway ,the modern boys ie Dave forrest and John mcdade opened that room up to keep modern ,crossover etc away from the main room also the two rooms are next to each other and the bar runs though both so everyones happy :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ok, apologize if its been done i suppose it as, anyway.......just wondered about peoples views on 2 rooms at soul nights not nighters, we run the market harborough night and this year have 2rooms i personally like them :thumbsup: the second room whether it be rnb,modern or owt else think that the djs can really play the stuff that probably they would not if it was in the main room and of course if there's stuff being played you don't like,, go to the other room, bit of feed back would be good......... thanks.....Andy.

two rooms without question. Keeps it interesting wink.gif

Jayne.x

Social source share

Not at the Fleet not now anyway ,the modern boys ie Dave forrest and John mcdade opened that room up to keep modern ,crossover etc away from the main room also the two rooms are next to each other and the bar runs though both so everyones happy :thumbsup:

OK, those guys are now my heroes.

BTW, do you ever attend an event outside Peterborough?

Social source share

Guest STANGROUND SOUL

Yes me and Dave have for the last thirty 30 years he likes his modern i like my oldies ,corby Jonh goes here there and everywhere , iknow what ya saying about Peterborough but the postie only has one room so they cant do alot about it nor can alot of venues up and down the country. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yes me and Dave have for the last thirty 30 years he likes his modern i like my oldies ,corby Jonh goes here there and everywhere , iknow what ya saying about Peterborough but the postie only has one room so they cant do alot about it nor can alot of venues up and down the country. :thumbsup:

I know John gets about a bit, but I can't remember seeing either you or Gump at an all-nighter.

Why bring the "postie", the best northern event in Peterborough, into it?

Social source share

Bisley had a good crack at it that night but a better sound system would have helped. (Got one sitting in my bedroom brand new 2000 watts good to go if interested.)

Went down there just for the 2room event. Could have worked on it as IMO there's a definate demand with the right dj's.

Kev

Social source share

Two rooms for me as long as the dj s are split so the same genre of music isnt being played in both at the same time. A bar helps keep people in the second room, if you have to go out to get a drink you are unlikely to go back however good the music is.

Think that the numbers at the venue would have an effect on the two room situation. Say if you got 80-100 in and the punters split between 2 rooms, then I think it would affect the atmosphere in each.

Also agree what's already been said on the layout situation too.

If the numbers don't accommodate a 2 room situation I personally feel half hour spots are good. That way if someone doesn't like a particular type of music, at least they only have to put up with it for 30 minutes.

Social source share

Guest STANGROUND SOUL

As you know Dave runs the soulole with wayne and andy + he runs the modern room at the fleet ,i used the postie as a example of a 1 room event ,i apologise if you thought i was knocking them as all three are very good friends of mine, i would not of done that. We are getting away from the two room venues and all i am saying is that my opinion is that two rooms are better than one. ps, dont do all nighters as im too bloody old and cant hack the pace :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Two rooms for me as long as the dj s are split so the same genre of music isnt being played in both at the same time. A bar helps keep people in the second room, if you have to go out to get a drink you are unlikely to go back however good the music is.

Absolutely, the bar is the big pull :thumbsup: hopefully we have this sorted, and agree Catriona , the music genre kept to them rooms that is the whole point until perhaps till towards the end when you want to bring everyone together in the main room, maybe ,maybe not............Andy

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Think that the numbers at the venue would have an effect on the two room situation. Say if you got 80-100 in and the punters split between 2 rooms, then I think it would affect the atmosphere in each.

Also agree what's already been said on the layout situation too.

If the numbers don't accommodate a 2 room situation I personally feel half hour spots are good. That way if someone doesn't like a particular type of music, at least they only have to put up with it for 30 minutes.

Yep....... numbers play a major part, no point in 2 rooms if the punters arnt there, i always tend to go for the 2 room events when advertised its just that you have a choice ,we sometimes go with friends and don't see them till the end if we choose different rooms, ok... it might be a bad thing i dunno, each to their own.... :lol: or change ya friends. :thumbsup: ....Andy.

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

personally prefer three rooms if poss like middleton or even four like the last prestatyn(before anyone questions my arithmatic & says there were five ) i dont go in the disco room

sorry for any spelling errors

gaz

has'nt it been a sh*tty day weatherwise & footie

Social source share

Guest STANGROUND SOUL

We try to shut the modern room at the Fleet 12.30 to get everyone in the main room for the last half hour ,but them modern room boy and girl do it there way so both room finish at 1 am and we all go home happy :thumbsup: ps you dont know me dave and i dont know you, but i be at the soulole 14th i'll buy you a beer and tell ya about all the allnighter and alldayers i've been too and some funny story's with grumpy (sorry dave)ktf :thumbup:

Social source share

We try to shut the modern room at the Fleet 12.30 to get everyone in the main room for the last half hour ,but them modern room boy and girl do it there way so both room finish at 1 am and we all go home happy :thumbup: ps you dont know me dave and i dont know you, but i be at the soulole 14th i'll buy you a beer and tell ya about all the allnighter and alldayers i've been too and some funny story's with grumpy (sorry dave)ktf :)

ps we do know eachother nige, you just ain't done the sums.

hope to get to the PO next week... mine's a cider :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert