Kimberly Briggs Fantasy Lp

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The amazing Kim Tolliver's LP as Kimberly Briggs was 'Passing Clouds' - the popular track being 'If I Could Work a Miracle'

Fantasy 8415

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat, exactly what I needed (Ady not Donna)

Social source share

Anyone know: -

How much this LP sell's for?

Is it hard to find??

I've no idea on the price, not seen it for sale in years. Got mine in the States about 12 years ago, can't remember what I paid but that wouldn't be relevant anyway. Whatever the going rate the initial release in Kimbrigg must be x10 harder.

Pat

Social source share

Anyone know: -

How much this LP sell's for?

Is it hard to find??

I've seen it quite few times over the years cheap as chips but also more expensive, so its one that seems to fluctuate up and down depending on the dealer.

She can do no wrong in my eyes....

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

I Got one off here for three or four quid I think, about 2 year ago, a guy was selling all sorts and I bought about 20 albums from him.........

That is the "Passing Clouds" and not "Whose Kimberley"

Was that the sort of news you wanted Jock.................... :lol:

BEST

Bully :D

Social source share

I've seen it quite few times over the years cheap as chips but also more expensive, so its one that seems to fluctuate up and down depending on the dealer.

She can do no wrong in my eyes....

I am afraid that I would have to second that emotion John :D

Edited by Bully Boy
Social source share

Has anyone got her 70s album on orange Chess? (or is it Cadet, I forget)

Amazingly, I found one for £2 on a market stall in the early 80s! :lol:

Chess LP - Come And Get Me I'm Ready.

You used to be able to pick it up for a virtually nothing too. IMO another gooden...

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Hello,

Don't forget that the Come And Get Me I'm Ready LP was recently reissued on CD by Reel Music (USA).

So it would be very nice if someone reissued the Fantasy LP.

Millbrand control most of the songs on these albums but it's a shame that Kim Tolliver and Fred Briggs are both deceased - Kim died from Alzheimer's disease in June 2007 and Fred had passed away in November 2006 after a stroke (...ignore rumours that he'd died many years previously).

They weren't legally married but Kim used Fred's surname.

Best regards,

Paul

www.millbrand.com

Social source share

Arrived nicely today, from Crazy Beat of all places, pretty cheap. but not as cheap as it would have been 2 f****g weeks ago as it was quoted in dollars. Jeez wish I had looked at the exchange rate!

And yes the Chess LP is outstanding, picked that up thanks to the great taste of GarethX, think there are a couple of tracks on Refosoul, should probably by the CD as well, although with the sad news of both the Briggs passing, as too often for soul legends its too late to pay them back,

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert