Most active in this topic

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for these 2:

Jack Hammer - Down in the subway - Polydor swedish EP

The Twsiters - Run little sheba - Gemini

Let me know if you got a copy,

Thanks!

Tommaso

The only result I got was that someone bought the Twisters off JM's 2 hours later I asked it (and this got to be the reason, because that one has been there for a while and today it suddenly disappeared..!) :(:D

Edited by Tommaso
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I'd probably buy one of JM for 100£ now but I wanted to check if anyone had a cheaper copy.. that's still an unknown record and 100£ is quite e high price for my standards.

The problem is that there are some people reading this thread that have no other way to find new records than buy other people's wants.. :thumbup:

Social source share

Times Square and Moerer both have the Twisters on sale for $400 (and listed for the a-side 'Truly', sounds like a ballad with that title)

Thanks for that Michael, I saw it but I don't want to pay more than 200$ especially with today's exchange (when I posted this thread I wanted to pay far less but it seems really rare..)

Have you ever heard it btw?

Social source share

Guest northernmod

The problem is that there are some people that have no other way to find new records than buy other people's wants.. :rolleyes:

Ipse Dixit, mate... :P:thumbsup:

Social source share

i'll admit that i've bought records that people have posted as 'wants' - that's the risk of posting a want! you draw attention to it...

some were new records to me that i checked out and liked, others were ones i'd forgotten about while concentrating on newer wants, but seeing the 'want' post reminded me and so i went a found a copy. i don't see the problem, it's just one of the many ways to hear about new tracks. if you're just following certain people's wantslist then that's different of course...

Tommaso - i haven't heard it, but sounds like my kind of thing (an uptempo doo-wop b-side) - what's the Sheba thing about, is it Egyptian themed at all? guessed you wouldn't want to spend $400 on it, but those dealer suggestions were to show that you might have better luck searching for the A-side if it's a known doo-wopper

Edited by michael-j
Social source share

Guest northernmod

if you're just following certain people's wantslist then that's different of course...

That's what we were talkin about... (me and Tommaso)

Social source share

I saw it but I don't want to pay more than 200$ especially with today's exchange (when I posted this thread I wanted to pay far less but it seems really rare..)

Have you ever heard it btw?

Heard this on JM's site some time ago. My feeling is the price is a reflection of its rarity more than anything else. Soundwise made me think of The Ideals - Gorilla.

Social source share

Heard this on JM's site some time ago. My feeling is the price is a reflection of its rarity more than anything else. Soundwise made me think of The Ideals - Gorilla.

The Ideals?? :thumbsup:

It sounds completely dfferent to me, and far superior btw. Anywya, not everybody's cup of tea for sure!

Yes michael, you understood what I meant, anyway next time I won't do that again to avoid disappointment. I'm now mostly looking for the a-side, but it seems pretty hard 45 to find..

Social source share

The Ideals?? :thumbsup:

It sounds completely dfferent to me, and far superior btw. Anywya, not everybody's cup of tea for sure!

Yes michael, you understood what I meant, anyway next time I won't do that again to avoid disappointment. I'm now mostly looking for the a-side, but it seems pretty hard 45 to find..

Nice to Manship has it again.. for 225£!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

The only result I got was that someone bought the Twisters off JM's 2 hours later I asked it (and this got to be the reason, because that one has been there for a while and today it suddenly disappeared..!) rolleyes.gif:thumbup:

almost like buying a Lenny Johnson record blind just because someone asked for it on here! :thumbup: Which you did by the way.

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

Source Advert