Astrological Soul

Theresa

There are loads of record labels named after astrological signs, but how about artists, or the tunes that have them in the title or mention them in the song?

Here are some to start us off:

The Stars - Barbara Lewis

Gemini Lady - Ron Henderson & Choice of Colour

He's an Aries Man - Star Bright

Let's have your contributions plus your own star sign. I'm a Gemini by the way, and quite happy to accept that you fellas think it's a load of old toss! It's not manly to appreciate astrology, we know that.

Theresa x

Social source share

• Replies 59
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There are loads of record labels named after astrological signs, but how about artists, or the tunes that have them in the title or mention them in the song?

Let's have your contributions plus your own star sign. I'm a Gemini by the way, and quite happy to accept that you fellas think it's a load of old toss! It's not manly to appreciate astrology, we know that.

Theresa x

Taurus & Leo - Going Out The World Backwards

I'm a Gemini BTW wink.gif

Social source share

Theresa x

The Constallations

Social source share

Theresa x

floaters - float on

prophecy - whatever's your sign got to be mine

prophecy - betcha can't guess my sign

Social source share

Theresa x

Leo Sayer biggrin.gif

Social source share

Some great ones guys, and one truly awful one Mossy. Did you know that Leo Sayer isn't even a Leo? His parents should be done under the Trade Descriptions Act. On a number of counts. Toni Braxton has got to be infinitely preferable in every way.

So, no-one's fessed up to being a Virgo yet? Come on Mr Dopson, I know you're one.

On Dusty Groove America I noticed a 1972 LP by Cannonball Adderley called Soul Zodiac, featuring a different tune for each sign, but I've never heard it. Has anyone got it?

Theresa x

Social source share

Some great ones guys, and one truly awful one Mossy. Did you know that Leo Sayer isn't even a Leo? His parents should be done under the Trade Descriptions Act. On a number of counts. Toni Braxton has got to be infinitely preferable in every way.

So, no-one's fessed up to being a Virgo yet? Come on Mr Dopson, I know you're one.

On Dusty Groove America I noticed a 1972 LP by Cannonball Adderley called Soul Zodiac, featuring a different tune for each sign, but I've never heard it. Has anyone got it?

Theresa x

soul zodiac is an all-time classic psychedelic soul jazz LP, it's pretty excellent, like out spiritual jazz with weird zodiac spoken word over it.

Social source share

soul zodiac is an all-time classic psychedelic soul jazz LP, it's pretty excellent, like out spiritual jazz with weird zodiac spoken word over it.

I see you can get it on CD. That's got to be a post-niter 'in the car' album if ever I heard one. Spacey zodiac spoken word is right up my street on misty mornings wending my way home from dusty northern civic halls!

A few Geminis on here then. Annoying self-obsessed twats aren't we? Clever, but annoying nonetheless...

Social source share

Heaven help us all - StevieWonder

Heaven must be missing an angel-Tavares

Heaven must have sent you-Elgins

You ought to be in heaven-Impressions

Chain Reaction-The Celestials

Bull & the Matadors (I'm Taurus) :(

Social source share

Mitty Collier - Your Sign Is A Good Sign (Peachtree)

Bobby Boseman - Astrological Soul Train (Tangerine)

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Norman Connors - You are my starship - Classic

Asha Pulti - Space Talk - features quite alot of astro references.

Lady Margaret & Perry Smith - Out In Space - Great spacey duet and as an added bonus it's on the Gemini label.

I'm a Sagittarius.

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Guest mel brat

"Hey baby, what's your sign?" :thumbsup:

"Scorpio" - Dennis Coffey & The Sound of New Detroit

(here):

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XEW7uCQIfog

"Son Of Saggitarius" - Eddie Kendricks

"Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In" - 5th Dimension

"Life On Mars" - Dexter Wansel, whole album includes "Theme From The Planets", "Stargazer" etc. (Dexter was/is an avid UFO spotter apparently!)

"Bet Your Lucky Stars" - Jean Carn(e)

"Shining Star" - Earth, Wind & Fire

"Starflower" - Lonnie Liston Smith

"Brightest Star" - Drizabone

"Wishing On A Star" - Rose Royce

....anything by Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs

Lots of Zodiac record labels too.... er, Zodiac, Virgo, Capricorn, Gemini, Aquarius..

(I'm a Pisces, natch!)

Social source share

Guest familytree

Theresa x

Im a Virgo!... but an anorak???? wouldnt be seen dead in one :thumbsup: cant think of any sign songs, i really should take more notice but too busy dancin... fly me to the moon?... xx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert