Original 45's Stolen Tonight-nottingham

Goldsoul

A major theft occured tonight in Nottingham at the Gateway Hotel.

Approx 150 Rare Originals were stolen from a car outside the hotel reception.

Police investigation is well underway, but hopefully the scene can offer the right expertise.

Any information/intelligence would be greatly appreciated and a reward is on offer.

Please email me; samsinthehouse@aol.com

A sample of the 45's-all originals STEINWAYS, SEVEN SOULS, MONTCLAIRS(Arch)DEAN COURTNEY(Black), LORRAINE CHANDLER-all 3, VIBRATIONS(EPIC), LOU PRIDE,

MAJOR LANCE-NO MORE(Okeh), LEE DAVID, COASTERS, DYNAMICS, CARSTAIRS, JAMES FOUNTAIN. More to be added as we come to terms with the theft.

Approx £40,000 in value.

Social source share

• Replies 104
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Police investigation is well underway, but hopefully the scene can offer the right expertise.

Any information/intelligence would be greatly appreciated and a reward is on offer.

A sample of the 45's-all originals STEINWAYS, SEVEN SOULS, MONTCLAIRS(Arch)DEAN COURTNEY(Black), LORRAINE CHANDLER-all 3, VIBRATIONS(EPIC), LOU PRIDE,

MAJOR LANCE-NO MORE(Okeh), LEE DAVID, COASTERS, DYNAMICS, CARSTAIRS, JAMES FOUNTAIN. More to be added as we come to terms with the theft.

Approx £40,000 in value.

==========

ouch,,,hope these are recovered quickly Kev - a collectors nightmare is this!

good luck wink.gif

Social source share

Approx £40,000 in value.

Feck in ell ! I am so sorry to hear about that !

I hope you find the arsehole buddy !

I'm Gutted for you !

I can't imagine how you must be feeling

Mossy

Social source share

This is one of the the worst things i've heard about in years and puts the 500 quids worth of recs i'd just bought at a soul night a few years ago getting nicked the same nite to a minor relevence in comparison. The fact that i buy to sell for a living and somebody has stolen the "food off my table" while yours is a collection that you have endeavoured to aquire at great expense makes no difference in the fact that these kinds of goings on still occur and leave an incredible bad taste in everybody's mouths.

I really hope that you are succesful in getting them all back and the items you had will hopefully be unique enough for that to happen. I do not know the area where you had the theft or the type of person who attends the venue. Hopefully somebody will be aware of that action in that place and your goods will be returned even if its annonymous. The value is too high for the thief to be able to do anything with them. Hopefully you can make the details worldwide and with this site and collectors being worldwide the news will be all over the place very quickly.

It really is a sad occurence that some tw-t has to go and spoil what is obviously your passion but with luck it might be somebody who is not aware of what he has taken. If it's a NS fan then what he's done is unforgivable and certainly a scumbag of the worst order. I sympathise deeply with your loss and will be praying for a succesful outcome.

I realise that my comments are not much help in this loss but you must keep hopefull as all true NSers are behind you.

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

i feel sick to my stomach about this,so know exactly how you feel as something similar happened to me years ago,but slightly different circumstances.did the records have any markings that you can identify them with,ie, etching in run out groove? chances are it won't be a soulie who has taken them,at leasti hope not,but then again there are one or two thiefs on the scene!as i know only too well.would you know they were yours if they turned up for sale in the future? would anyone be so stupid as to nick said records and then try sell them for profit? it's akin to nicking a piccasso from the tate and then taking it to sothebys to flog the week after.so, so, gutted for you,and i hope you get them back in one piece.also hope the thief breaks his fuckin neck at some point,low life piece of shit!

Social source share

SAM

REALLY SAD NEWS , WILL KEEP A LOOK OUT, IF ANY ONE APPROACHES OLDIES WITH OFFERS.

WILL CONTACT YOU. HOPE THEY ALL COME BACK TO YOU COMPLETE.

SORRY BUD THOUGHT ALL THIS SHIT ENDED YEARS AGO.

SWOZ

Social source share

Guest rushden

Sam & Kev , I understand how devasted you would be feeling 22 yrs a go i emigrated and left all my 300 ish collection ronnie mcneir ,lynn verado ,innersection ect ect in my parents roof along with all the other sentimetal stuff man u programes ect ect i had collected over the years. When i returned a few years later only to find my parents had put a new roof on & all had gone ffkkk , probally ended up at the tip i never did find out. Took me years before i could collect again, now i even take some on holiday with me hide em everywhere ya get paranoid.

I have just put a big beware up on the Australian site if we all do the same plaster the internet hopefully you will get a good result i sure hope so all best John

Social source share

Bloody hell Sam and Kev, was only listening to self same records in London on monday night, Hope they are marked in some way. Hopefully it was some spaced out druggy that nicked them and will try and off load them at a record shop in Nottingham not knowing what he has got. Best of luck in recovering them and everything else that was stolen

regards

Ian and Odette

Social source share

shit sorry to hear that lads,cant imagine how you must have felt seeing an empty boot !....obviously you must be contacting all record dealers in the area in case it was an oppertunist who just got lucky BUT ALSO all soul dealers in the country in case it is a soulie who knew your car !!...lets hope not and hope you get most or all of them back soon...good luck

dean

keep an eye on ebay too in case some seller suddenly gets lots of biggies...

Social source share

Sad news indeed...thankfully never had any vinyl stolen

But i'm sorry I have to ask the question

WTF were you doing leaving £40k worth of records in the boot of a car?!

Probably some scallies robbed it with no idea on the value...they will probably be gutted once they realise it's not a box of techno :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorry to hear that Sam, terrible news.

Fact they were stolen from the car and not the car itself stolen as well is a bit suss don't you think? Meaning they just went for the records, they knew what they were looking for? Pains me to say, but could they/him/her have been soulies? Was the car broken into?

Social source share

Fact they were stolen from the car and not the car itself stolen as well is a bit suss don't you think? Meaning they just went for the records, they knew what they were looking for? Pains me to say, but could they/him/her have been soulies? Was the car broken into?

Nah Simsy...lots of scallies/chavs into petty car crime...smash and grab stuff looking for tool boxes...electronic equipment etc...I very much doubt it was soulies...they probably saw this big flight case and wondered what was in it...don't think it's any more sinister than that

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

Bloody hell Sam and Kev, was only listening to self same records in London on monday night, Hope they are marked in some way. Hopefully it was some spaced out druggy that nicked them and will try and off load them at a record shop in Nottingham not knowing what he has got. Best of luck in recovering them and everything else that was stolen

regards

Ian and Odette

Rob Smith would be very Suspicious of anyone walking into his shop with that kind of stuff for sale,was in Robs shop on Monday,he to has had items nicked recently . Low life scum thats what they are.

Kev Roberts at the Gateway..some opportunist picks his car that just so happens to have £40.000 worth of records in g.gif got to be someone who knew he was there.

Unless it is some scum bag drugged up twat who now is thinking what the f&^K do i do with this lot :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorry to read this... i can't start to imagine how you feel...

I hope you getthem back...

maybe a full list if you can so people can keep an eye out on ebay etc... you know one person selling 6 or 7 from your list of hard to get or expensive bits..

and maybe needs to be posted on all forums and soul websites..

at least then they will be unsellable..

as far as being in shock about it being "Soulies"

Why ... people are people just because they listern to decent music don't make them all decent..

some times we live in some sort of bubble in our scene, we think we are all looking out for each other...

Thieves are thieves, how many dealers on here have had rcords disappear out of their sales boxes they know they haven't sold...

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

So sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope that you get them back safe & sound. Rest assured you'll have a couple of hundred soulies keeping their peepers out! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Why ... people are people just because they listern to decent music don't make them all decent..

some times we live in some sort of bubble in our scene, we think we are all looking out for each other...

Thieves are thieves, how many dealers on here have had rcords disappear out of their sales boxes they know they haven't sold...

Yeah but come on...this scene is also the proverbial 'Drama Queen' seeing conspiracies and backstabbing...sub plots and subterfuge when there is none

After all it is bloody Nottingham...I've got mates who live in Radford and it's hardly inconceivable that the poor guy was just unlucky...someone could have seen him put it in his boot simple as that.

Social source share

Not a nice thing to happen and the bloody insurance company are only going to pay peanuts- some companies I think there is alimit on what they pay out with items nicked from the car unless you have away from home insurance.

Sam did you look around the back of buildings /walls etc cos unless the person knew what he was after - random thieves just dump unusual things cos they cannot get quick money for them. I had an overhead projector knicked from the boot once- It looked like a laptop case to them but obviously when they looked inside it wasnt - they dumped it in a garden 250 yeards away-

Just a thought!

Social source share

Yeah but come on...this scene is also the proverbial 'Drama Queen' seeing conspiracies and backstabbing...sub plots and subterfuge when there is none

After all it is bloody Nottingham...I've got mates who live in Radford and it's hardly inconceivable that the poor guy was just unlucky...someone could have seen him put it in his boot simple as that.

Whats wrong with Radford :thumbsup:biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Sorry to read this... i can't start to imagine how you feel...

I hope you getthem back...

maybe a full list if you can so people can keep an eye out on ebay etc... you know one person selling 6 or 7 from your list of hard to get or expensive bits..

and maybe needs to be posted on all forums and soul websites..

at least then they will be unsellable..

I'm not a dealer or a magician but I had than one of my records disappear out of a sales box a few years back!

"that's what i want"............... NOT!

I really hope you get the records back Kev.

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Nottingham you say was he dressed in a green tunic, a three cornered hat with a band of merry men Humm interesting?

I think you'll find it was a man called Robin Hood a local DJ and ponce and he sell them for nout as well.

On a more serious note hope you get them back must be CCTV somewhere around seems most pubs and carparks are covered today.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Nottingham you say was he dressed in a green tunic, a three cornered hat with a band of merry men Humm interesting?

I think you find it was a man called Robin Hood a local DJ and ponce and he sell them for nout as well.

Hmmm...handing out copies of 'One Gold Piece' to the poor?

Social source share

i`d be round all the second hand shops in nottingham today, if its not a soul related theft wich sounds very improbable to me due to the close knit cominty of the soul scene, then some oppertunist has stolen them, the thing with these recordsis there actually not worth a penny to anyone who`s not in the know, :thumbsup: sad news mate i hope you get them back safe and sound sad.gif:P

Social source share

i`d be round all the second hand shops in nottingham today, if its not a soul related theft wich sounds very improbable to me due to the close knit cominty of the soul scene, then some oppertunist has stolen them, the thing with these recordsis there actually not worth a penny to anyone who`s not in the know, :thumbsup: sad news mate i hope you get them back safe and sound sad.gif:P

Record shop wise really there is only Robs,Big Apple has gone. There are a couple on Mansfield Rd..one only deals in LPs ,not soul mind.the other i think is run by a guy who knows what soul is and im sure he would point him towards Rob.

Social source share

How absolutely gutting for you both

I'm sure that these will surface on ebay or a second hand record shop where else would they be saleable?

Its very sad that a collection thats has been a lifes work has gone in one go and the sentimental value must be huge let alone the inconvenience of it being your job too

we all need to be vigilant

they arent worth anything to anyone else except on the soul scene are they?

so theyre gonna reappear over the next few months

I really hope you get them back all in one piece

Mand x

Social source share

Nah Simsy...lots of scallies/chavs into petty car crime...smash and grab stuff looking for tool boxes...electronic equipment etc...I very much doubt it was soulies...they probably saw this big flight case and wondered what was in it...don't think it's any more sinister than that

Sorry Beeks but I think your totally wrong, this scene has a fair few record thiefs I'm afraid & most Soulies know who they are but can't prove it, I myself have had 3 or 4 pointed out to me & have seen people ejected from venues immediately upon entering for being known for nicking records, also ask Dolly who had about 6 nicked from her box at 1st Blackpool Tower or Pete French who had 4 tasty numbers nicked at Middleton, to name but 2. Remember all Soulies are not good Soulies some are arseSoulies wanker.gif & would have your filling's out of your teeth given the chance, we're just lucky it's a small minority. Also I don't think any NS Dj is daft enough to leave a record box temptingly in full view & would have at least put it in the boot out of sight. unsure.gif

Kev & Sam I truly hope you catch the culprit/s & if you do & they are off our scene then don't have them banned from venues, just make sure that everyone they EVER attend they get a bloody good beating & the weeks they miss just call on them for a friendly chat with a couple of mates. This is probably the most despicable & cruel thing you could do to a collector & I hope you rot in hell or conract some heinous disease if you happen to be reading this, you thieving Toad. Phew, that's better. :thumbsup:

Take care,be safe & remember," One day the truth will out, then your in trouble",

Spot. :P

Social source share

Absolutely disgusting situation, having said that records are hard to hide on this scene and hopefully they'll re-appear in some shape or form ! rewards aren't necessary kev i would have thought most of us on here would gladly help for the good of the scene .message me off line if you get a lead and we'll follow it up kev.

Social source share

Kev & Sam I truly hope you catch the culprit/s & if you do & they are off our scene then don't have them banned from venues, just make sure that everyone they EVER attend they get a bloody good beating & the weeks they miss just call on them for a friendly chat with a couple of mates. This is probably the most despicable & cruel thing you could do to a collector & I hope you rot in hell or conract some heinous disease if you happen to be reading this, you thieving Toad. Phew, that's better. :thumbsup:

Absolutely!.

Best wishes,

Jayne.x

Social source share

can't see it being opportunists myself.Someone watching more like.Probably think its going top be easy to sell em on,not so now.

Always had an element of this on the scene.I remember a good freind of mine being broken into and a substantial amount of 45's nicked some years back.

Name and shame Kev or Sam ,when you can. :thumbsup: ...Kev.

Social source share

regards

Ian and Odette

Ditto,

We had a lovely time Monday night, really sorry that has happened.

Hope you get them back.

P :)

Social source share

worst nightmare...i.m sure that EVERY soul source member and his dog will now be keeping all there ears and eyes wide open now we know about this despicable act, and that the records firstly are recovered and the perpetrator/s receive what they deserve, a (rope)..i am truly devastated for you, but beleive if it was a soulie,,there,s no hiding place and this time crime certainly wont pay....best thing they could do is ring the local nick annominously and reveal where there stashed,so that they can be returned to there rightful owner/s asp.!!

best wishes for a speedy conclusion.. Chris.

Social source share

:lol:Blimey, I felt like shit after I sold most of mine, so I cannot imagine how bad you must be feeling, realy am sorry to hear such news.

Have any of the records got a very defining mark on them, like a name written on them or something like that, something that makes them differ to the norm, I know Im clutching a bit, but this may well put some people off selling there stuff, as folk may start pointing fingers etc, be nice to think they will turn up at some stage.

:)

Social source share

Rob Smith would be very Suspicious of anyone walking into his shop with that kind of stuff for sale,was in Robs shop on Monday,he to has had items nicked recently . Low life scum thats what they are.

Kev Roberts at the Gateway..some opportunist picks his car that just so happens to have £40.000 worth of records in :lol: got to be someone who knew he was there.

Unless it is some scum bag drugged up twat who now is thinking what the f&^K do i do with this lot :)

Sorry to hear about the loss, if it was some idiot who thought the case contained drugs or whatever then finds out they have stolen a box of old records they just might offload em in the trent, lets hope not. Any scuba gear anyone?? Hope you get them all back Kev. Stay soulful, Tony E. OZ.

Social source share

I had a £30 record stolen a few weeks ago and was gutted, so i bet you must be feeling so low at this moment mate !!

They will surface somewhere, probably not Nottingham or the Midlands thanks to all the gobs on here shouting about Rob smiths place :lol: , nothing like stating the obvious eh soul police :) , wonder what the odds are on the thief(s) having a PC and being on here or able to read all this ?? well if they are hopefully they will do the good thing and dump them somewhere safe and let someone know, not going to be many collectors/dealers who are going to buy this lot with out a few questions is there ?

Ian.

Social source share

Really gutted for you. Terrible thing to happen, having lost a load of my own precious vinyl not too long ago (in different circumstances) I have a strong inkling of how you must feel.

I'm sure the good people on SS will be keeping an eye out should any of these 'appear' elsewhere.

If you can recall more titles - as full a list as possible - it would be good to post it on here.

Best regards

Sean

Social source share

Id say they knew what to look for....would seem a bit random otherwise!If not, you need to scour junk shops as the thieves wont know what they have? :) Terrible mate, i feel for you.!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert