Shipping 45s

Guest Martin Coleman

Guest Martin Coleman

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can anyone offer any advice on the best (cheapest and safest) way to pack and ship 45s across the atlantic. I need to transport about 500 records.

Thanks.

Edited by Martin Coleman
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks Gary. Do you know the best way to pack bulk shipments to prevent breakages?

I recently sent 70lp's, I wrapped them together in several layers of bubble wrap and packing tape then into a cardboard box with lots of cardboard packed around them. I think the important thing is to ensure they will not move about inside the box. Lots of packing tape on the corners to re-enforce them and lots of 'FRAGILE' tape!!!

gary

Social source share

I recently sent 70lp's, I wrapped them together in several layers of bubble wrap and packing tape then into a cardboard box with lots of cardboard packed around them. I think the important thing is to ensure they will not move about inside the box. Lots of packing tape on the corners to re-enforce them and lots of 'FRAGILE' tape!!!

gary

also helpful to write please throw underarm laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Martin Coleman

Thanks, that should help save a few pennies.

if you want to use a courier service try parcel to go

https://www.parcel2go.com

used them a coupe of times for work stuff... they just find the cheapest courier for you.. but cheaper than doing it direct... bit like them holiday websites..last minute .com

Then its just down to your packing.. make sure they are safe!!!!

Social source share

Guest Martin Coleman

Bubble wrap it is then.

Amazing how anxious it makes one feel when you have to entrust records to someone else.

gary

Edited by Martin Coleman
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert