Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Guest Hunnymon

Guest Hunnymon

I was listening to the bbc radio program series "The Producers" on radio two which was interviewing General Johnson about the GMJALMT session with HDH.

Apparently the General was really hacked off by having to constantly sing the repeating chorus over and over again and thought that he if he made a funny noise HDH would have to bring about a swift end to the session.

When the record was issued General said that he couldn't beleive HDH had left in the silly Brrrrrrrrrrr noise.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was listening to the bbc radio program series "The Producers" on radio two which was interviewing General Johnson about the GMJALMT session with HDH.

Apparently the General was really hacked off by having to constantly sing the repeating chorus over and over again and thought that he if he made a funny noise HDH would have to bring about a swift end to the session.

When the record was issued General said that he couldn't beleive HDH had left in the silly Brrrrrrrrrrr noise.

Love the Brrrrrrrrrrrr in GMJALMT wish I could do it been trying all my life to no avail.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The actual mastertape tells a slightly different story. The basic track is in stereo, apart from the bit where General sings the line before the "Brrrrrr", and the "Brrrrr" itself. That little segment is a mono edit piece that HDH inserted into the record, quite deliberately it would seem, rather than 'leaving it in', as it's not part of the actual take that was used for the single.

Anyway, it helped to sell a great record, so who cares!

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Hunnymon

Sorry for bringing this one back up, but it looks like the program's going to be repeated on Radio 2, Jan 2nd at 1900.

One of the most interesting radio programs ever (in my book), well worth tuning in!

Motown The Record Producers 2.1.2009. 1900 to 2000.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert