Dodgy Soul Source Member ?

• Replies 83
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

havnt read the whole of this thread, ......but i can assure anyone who has got / or is thinking about purchasing a eddie daye test press that they are thr real deal, the test presses turned up in the late 90's....they are on styrene & have a big raised "x" stamped in the run out, from the same pressing plant as shrine, they are identical to the "shelley" issues of this 45, apart from the fact that they have a plain whit label

Yes, thanks for adding that and clearing the whole thing up by doing so.

Marc

Social source share

I dont think there is any problem naming someone - it usually stimulates the parties to discuss and be advised to a positive outcome like this one.

In my case the person on here has done a bunk since February which tells you something!

Which one was that Ernie - I've forgotten.

:thumbup:

Social source share

I dont think there is any problem naming someone - it usually stimulates the parties to discuss and be advised to a positive outcome like this one.

In my case the person on here has done a bunk since February which tells you something!

I think it rarely stimulates people to discuss and reach a positive outcome. I have seen some nasty ones on here where sellers have told very one sided stories, preemptively badmouthing buyers just because they don't want to take a record back. Whenever I sell anything I will always take it back if the person isn't satisfied -- there's always someone who's a more conservative grader than you, for example, and coming online and accusing them of trying to switch out the record or something before you've even gotten it is just nasty and reflects poorly on you as a seller. I'm speaking in general terms, not referring to anyone specific here (please don't get offended anyone), but it usually comes off as very nasty and unhelpful. If you're a seller and you get your record back and refund the buyer, at worst you're just out postage and have to resell the record. If you're a buyer and get screwed, you're out a lot of money and are potentially stuck with a record that is worthless to you. I've had people send things back to me or even ask for discounts (sometimes warrantless) and I always agreed -- and I've even later seen the same people overgrade records (selling to me!) or resell the same record they asked for a discount on for much more ... it still didn't hurt me that much to comply. Unless it is a real situation where something has done something really and clearly bad / illegal (e.g. fraud), it usually doesn't accomplish much to come on here and badmouth people.

Social source share

I think it rarely stimulates people to discuss and reach a positive outcome ... I'm speaking in general terms, not referring to anyone specific here ...

Its always easy to paint a general blue print how one should /would react, but in reality life brings up much more diverse situations. I am not feeling offended in anyway but would be really interested to hear how you would (re)act if 1. the return / refund would be asked for after the buyer already had expressed his satisfaction with the 45 2. your paypal account is f**ed up because of him 3. you don´t have any 45 back at all :thumbup: ?

NB

Must add that this thread for me was finished already after the initial controverse was closed.

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Its always easy to paint a general blue print how one should /would react, but in reality life brings up much more diverse situations. I am not feeling offended in anyway but would be really interested to hear how you would (re)act if 1. the return / refund would be asked for after the buyer already had expressed his satisfaction with the 45 2. your paypal account is f**ed up because of him 3. you don´t have any 45 back at all :( ?

NB

Must add that this thread for me was finished already after the initial controverse was closed.

Marc, I'm wasn't commenting on your case specifically (it is less clear cut than other ones I've seen here), please don't take this personally, I'm actually not sure what you morally should have done in this case. However, I do think you didn't fairly depict the entire story, based on what he said his actual comments were here. Also, if you had just taken it back initially he would have sent it back and you wouldn't have had the paypal claim to deal with later though. It did work out for both of you in this case also by you going public, but in general I still don't think it's productive.

Social source share

Marc, I'm wasn't commenting on your case specifically (it is less clear cut than other ones I've seen here), please don't take this personally, I'm actually not sure what you morally should have done in this case. However, I do think you didn't fairly depict the entire story, based on what he said his actual comments were here. Also, if you had just taken it back initially he would have sent it back and you wouldn't have had the paypal claim to deal with later though. It did work out for both of you in this case also by you going public, but in general I still don't think it's productive.

Boba,thankyou for your unbiased opinion,some people on here are so quick to judge before they have all the facts,makes ya wanna cringe sometimes,John Elias.

Social source share

...some people on here are so quick to judge before they have all the facts,makes ya wanna cringe sometimes,John Elias.

before they have all the facts ? ... Wait a minute, you bought a 45, you said you like it, then after weeks you want to return it because without a reason all of a sudden you doubt its originality, next thing and without a word is a paypal claim and no further communication...so pardon me, but who was quick here ? I did send you several (stored..) emails and pm`s before I did start this thread...and even then I did still ask you to react before I named you.

:lol:

Social source share

before they have all the facts ? ... Wait a minute, you bought a 45, you said you like it, then after weeks you want to return it because without a reason all of a sudden you doubt its originality, next thing and without a word is a paypal claim and no further communication...so pardon me, but who was quick here ? I did send you several (stored..) emails and pm`s before I did start this thread...and even then I did still ask you to react before I named you.

:lol:

oh dear here you go again with inacurate facts,I had the record one day NOT several weeks and you promised to pm with the "stamp" you didn't bother,I initiated a paypal complaint,you like a little boy sent threatening pm's,I have the proof in my inbox.

Grow up and shut up

Social source share

oh dear here you go again with inacurate facts,I had the record one day NOT several weeks and you promised to pm with the "stamp" you didn't bother,I initiated a paypal complaint,you like a little boy sent threatening pm's,I have the proof in my inbox.

Grow up and shut up

your pm

Re:4 bars, Oct 24 08, 07:32 PM

Hi Marcc,record arrived this morning,very nice thanks,love it.

Just one thing,I cant see the stamp in the deadwax,just a scratched in matrix number,John.

my last pm to you before your paypal claim:

Oct 29 08, 12:31 PM

Hi John, I beg you pardon but I have never ever sold a bootleg of as an an original in all of my 24 years of collecting. There does not even exist such a thing like a bootleg of this rare record. Please pass it on to Mike, I am 100 % certain he will agrree with me. If he would have said once you had received the record you don`tlike it there wouldn`t have been a pronblem at all. But to come and say weeks after you don`t want to keep it and want to return it after you have said you love it...sorry, this is really not acceptable.

ATB

Marc

so you are not only a scoundrel, you are a liar also ...and starting to be cheeky too. You know what ? Better stay of me.

I am ending the communication with you now.

Social source share

your pm

Just one thing,I cant see the stamp in the deadwax,just a scratched in matrix number,John.

Hi John, I beg you pardon but I have never ever sold a bootleg of as an an original in all of my 24 years of collecting. There does not even exist such a thing like a bootleg of this rare record. Please pass it on to Mike, I am 100 % certain he will agrree with me. If he would have said once you had received the record you don`tlike it there wouldn`t have been a pronblem at all. But to come and say weeks after you don`t want to keep it and want to return it after you have said you love it...sorry, this is really not acceptable.

ATB

Marc

so you are not only a scoundrel, you are a liar also ...and starting to be cheeky too. You know what ? Better stay of me.

Marc,

if the dates in your quotes are correct John pm'd you on Oct 24 saying he got the record that day. On Oct 29 you accuse him of having the record for weeks??? And if you state "stamped original" in your description you should be able to actually know what sort of stamp it is, e.g. ZTSC matrix, raised x, Frankford-Wayne, etc.

John,

I assume that there is a raised "x" in the run out? I consider it common collectors knowledge that this is a often used run out stamp. If you were unsure you should have asked around before accusing Marc of selling a bootleg.

To be honest, I think both of you haven't done yourself any favours in this case.

Social source share

your pm

ATB

Marc

:yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert