Dodgy Soul Source Member ?

I was thinking about wether to make it public or not but as the person in question still despite my warning(s) hasn´t done anything yet to solve the situation or got back to me in any kind of way, I am left with no other choice but to make it public.

End of September I had a sales thread going on on here and this member asks me to provide a soundfile for one particular Eddie Daye on Shelly 45. As I can`t do soundfiles I offer him a full refund policy in case he would not be satisfied with the record as I usually do.

He agrees and a deal was done.

After some postal hazzle I pm him to see if he finally recieved his 45. He pm`s me back - quote-

"Yes, many thanks. Great 45. I love it!"

I thought that would have been it.

But no. Next thing I hear from him after another week has gone by is "I want to return the 45 to you for a full refund". I tell him that I am not amused about this as he had the 45 for several weeks now already and also stated to me before that he would "love" the record. So I told him that I don`t see any reason or why I should take it back for a full refund.

He then tells me all of a sudden he believes this 45 is a bootleg (although a few weeks before he did not even know the 45!).

I explain to him that this 45 never ever has been booted. No answer.

Next and only thing I get is a paypal claim.

I have emailed and pm`ed him now several times to close this paypal claim but without any answer or feedback from him. As I noticed he has been on and off soul-source the last couple of days days (I guess to see if I already made it public as he did not post up anything...) I will give him with this public post now one final chance to act before I will name and shame him on here.

I think its very annoying that you can get ripped off from a soul source member...I thought this kind of thing only happens on ebay with dodgy buyers who after they have their goods delivered start a paypal claim! ....

Marc

Social source share

• Replies 83
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I was thinking about whether to make it public or not but as the person in question still despite my warning(s) hasn´t done anything yet to solve the situation or got back to me in any kind of way, I am left with no other choice but to make it public.

I think its very annoying that you can get ripped off from a soul source member...I thought this kind of thing only happens on ebay with dodgy buyers who after they have their goods delivered start a paypal claim! ....

Marc

He has been given ample time to respond,

name & shame :rolleyes:

Ken

Social source share

Have you paid him back or got the record back.

In all honesty I can`t see why I should pay him back...He said he "loves" the record in question. I don`t think any seller would do a refund after the buyer has expressed his satisfeaction with the record ? :rolleyes: ?

Got no record back of course.

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

hope you get it resolved Marc. Maybe you should post his name regardless then no one else can waste their time with him.

Thanks Chalky, maybe he is just having problems moneywise we all know can happen from time to time...so I really want to give him this final chance to stop the paypal claim before I name him before it gets out of hand and maybe is doing his reputation more damage than he can repair as he seems also to deejay here and there.

Marc

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

around 150 UKP...I sold the WD Test pressing @ 125 UKP.

i say tough titties to him really, should have sorted it sooner, surely you can dispute the paypal complaint, i know its a pain in the arse but really doesnt sound like he deserves his money back

Social source share

I was thinking about wether to make it public or not but as the person in question still despite my warning(s) hasn´t done anything yet to solve the situation or got back to me in any kind of way, I am left with no other choice but to make it public.

End of September I had a sales thread going on on here and this member asks me to provide a soundfile for one particular Eddie Daye on Shelly 45. As I can`t do soundfiles I offer him a full refund policy in case he would not be satisfied with the record as I usually do.

He agrees and a deal was done.

After some postal hazzle I pm him to see if he finally recieved his 45. He pm`s me back - quote-

"Yes, many thanks. Great 45. I love it!"

I thought that would have been it.

But no. Next thing I hear from him after another week has gone by is "I want to return the 45 to you for a full refund". I tell him that I am not amused about this as he had the 45 for several weeks now already and also stated to me before that he would "love" the record. So I told him that I don`t see any reason or why I should take it back for a full refund.

He then tells me all of a sudden he believes this 45 is a bootleg (although a few weeks before he did not even know the 45!).

I explain to him that this 45 never ever has been booted. No answer.

Next and only thing I get is a paypal claim.

I have emailed and pm`ed him now several times to close this paypal claim but without any answer or feedback from him. As I noticed he has been on and off soul-source the last couple of days days (I guess to see if I already made it public as he did not post up anything...) I will give him with this public post now one final chance to act before I will name and shame him on here.

Marc

Marc, I am having problems with a member on here too. Luckily for me it's only for a very cheap record. But it's the principal of the thing, and I'm also thinking of naming and shaming....this is the first time I have ever had any trouble with an SS member, who are normally a pleasure to deal with....hope you get sorted mate....

Phil.

Social source share

surely you can dispute the paypal complaint

I should think so, you're obviously not in the wrong here and that 'boot' excuse sounds like desperation to me...perhaps he needs the cash...like you mentioned...hard times afoot...or perhaps he's given it a few listens and decided it's not his cup of tea

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

I should think so, you're obviously not in the wrong here and that 'boot' excuse sounds like desperation to me...perhaps he needs the cash...like you mentioned...hard times afoot...or perhaps he's given it a few listens and decided it's not his cup of tea

we've all bought records and decided that after a while they're not what we want, hence the sales section....

perhaps he should be spending a bit of time there rather than whining to paypal

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

we've all bought records and decided that after a while they're not what we want, hence the sales section....

perhaps he should be spending a bit of time there rather than whining to paypal

My thoughts exactly.

Social source share

I must say 99.9% on here are great to deal with but ive had people who i shall only say are "TIMEWASTERS" at worst :rolleyes:

What Marc is having to put up with is bang out of order and whatever the reasons are i;e no longer wants the record /has foolishly over spent,there is no place for a stunt like this.

Be a man/woman, if you no longer want it and you got it at a good price then re-sell it !

Instead of name and shame maybe sellers could contact you in private and be informed of dodgy buyer :thumbsup:

P.s Pete Smith could prob advise on the best course of action to take ??????

Social source share

I must say 99.9% on here are great to deal with but ive had people who i shall only say are "TIMEWASTERS" at worst :ohmy:

What Marc is having to put up with is bang out of order and whatever the reasons are i;e no longer wants the record /has foolishly over spent,there is no place for a stunt like this.

Be a man/woman, if you no longer want it and you got it at a good price then re-sell it !

Instead of name and shame maybe sellers could contact you in private and be informed of dodgy buyer :huh:

P.s Pete Smith could prob advise on the best course of action to take ??????

Bugger that get his/her name out in the public if they pull stunts like this. And whilst we are at it why not name and shame all those who pull a stunt or waste someone's time on Soul Source, then all who sell know who to avoid. If he or she has over spent or whatever reason it's their fault, it's of no concern to Marc.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

This happens a lot that members come on and refuse to name and shame after a bad experience. If it's got to the stage where you feel you need to tell the rest of us then surely it's only right to warn us of anyone who might be dodgy?

I wouldn't be happy if i dealt with this person in a few months time, got messed about and then found out it was the same guy.

I wouldn't think twice if someone screwed with me.

Social source share

This happens a lot that members come on and refuse to name and shame after a bad experience. If it's got to the stage where you feel you need to tell the rest of us then surely it's only right to warn us of anyone who might be dodgy?

Its really a shame...after this your posting I checked if he has been online since I started this thread

"Joined: 23-May 05Profile Views: 349*Last Seen: 59 minutes ago Local Time: Oct 31 08, 07:04 PM 933 posts (0.74 per day)"

Is what it said just a second ago...but still no pm from him. I checked my email account before this very posting of mine...also nth from him. So alright then, sorry....

Its John Elias aka dancing collector on here and on ebay :ohmy:

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Guest Trevski

If a guy says "Love the record" then says boot, and you put him right, then he really has No comeback whatsoever Whatever his financial issues, he should honor the deal, and bite the bullet. :ohmy:

Social source share

what was his actual claim to paypal? and can you not counter this, especially if the claim was it's a boot????

I am trying to counter...I am waiting for an answer from paypal still though.

This was his claim:

Von K¤ufer: record collecting hobby am 29.10.2008 03:36 PDTthe stamped mattrix number described in seller's advert is not on the record thus deeming it to not be an original but a counterfeit

my answer was:

Von Verk¤ufer: Marcus Forrest am 29.10.2008 04:55 PDT

This record has never ever been reissued/bootlegged. Sadly this buyer doesn`t seem to have the necessary knowledge to collect properly, other than that and he would know this. In fact the buyer already told me after he had received this item that he (quote) "loves this item". Now after weeks he wants to have his money back. This is an undiscgraceful way of acting and of course not acceptable as it destroys the baisis on which paypal works...TRUST and BELIEVE between gentle and honest buyers and sellers,Regards

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Has anyone ever heard of Paypal finding in favour of the seller?

Even if you are 100% in the right Marc, I have a few worries.

Paypal are great at protecting buyers, less so sellers in my experience.

Social source share

Maybe the guys go the original mixed up with the carving he's took off it :ohmy: ....

We have all liked a tune to think twice later on, be it a few weeks or a few years.. You just put it up for sale and hope you get waht you paid or even make a profit...

Maybe he played it out someplace and it cleared the floor :lol::huh: ..

Name and shame indeed... If the person thinks thats out of order then they can post and please a case..

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

I had a dealing with buying a record from a very reputable person on here........

I sent the money by registered post but recieved nothing in return but I wont be naming him I shall be delivering him in person a left hook as I never forget being shit on.......

mel :thumbup:

Social source share

Dodgy soul-source member?..........I think NOT :thumbup:

Let's get the facts right Forest!

PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE USED CUT AND PASTE AND THAT I HAVE NOT ADDED OR SUBTRACTED ANYTHING FROM SALES ADVERT ,thankyou,John Elias.

Here goes.......

Sales section ,September 25th 2008

Marc Forest aka Marc Forest.......Eddie Daye / Four Bars "Whats On Your Mind" Shelley WL Test Press (stamped original) SOLD

I paid you £130 including postage,three weeks later and several pm's later the record arrives (cos you misread the postcode off paypal invoice and sent it God knows where,it was returned to you and re sent with the correct postcode)

The same day it arrived I pm'd you saying I loved the tune but couldn't see the "stamp" only a scratched in mattrix number,you replied that you were not at home but would contact me when you could refer to your other copy and enlighten me as to where this stamp is located on the disc,you did not!!! so I pm'd you and politely asked to return the record for a refund (common courtesy and a point of law I think that a buyer can return unsatisfactory or not as described goods within a certain time period).

You sent me an arrogant pm totally refusing a refund! so I went to paypal with my complaint.

Mr Forest I leave this with you,I ain't happy with the goods,do the refund and I will send back the disc,insured postage at my expense.

oh and by the way I am not strapped for cash,ask anyone on the scene that knows me,ask the biggest record dealer in the u.k how much I spend on his auctions,although I know he won't say as he does not disclose such things! :D

it's the principle not the money!!

signed John Elias aka dancingcollector aka honest John.

Social source share

so if it's not a boot/counterfeit then it's an original,yes

o.k. then you tell me what's on the record to verify it's an original,go on enlighten me.

Maybe that well known record dealer you spend a lot of money with can verify one way or the other for both yours and Marc's benefit :thumbsup: Maybe then you both take the word of him and a satisfactory outcome for both?

Social source share

doesn't make it a boot though just cause it ain't stamped which is what John is claiming.

No Chalky,you've missed the point here and to be fair to Marc it's only he who can explain his original advert "stamped original".

Marc had two for sale,this one and a white demo (I believe was actually a few quid cheaper),I wish I had opted for that and saved the hassle.

As I stated...it ain't about money and I'LL tell ya what,tomorrow I will return the record and it's Marc's choice whether he refunds the cash or replaces this test press with the other one or does nowt.John.

Social source share

John does seem to have a fair poaint to be honest, he was told it was stamped, but it wasn't!

It has been drilled into us over many years pete, due to the amount of dodgy stories, very convincing bootlegs, stories of even well seasoned collectors being tripped up, to be very suspicious of things that are not as described, i`m sure mark sold the disc in good faith, but john as you say does have a point imho :thumbsup:

Social source share

It has been drilled into us over many years pete, due to the amount of dodgy stories, very convincing bootlegs, stories of even well seasoned collectors being tripped up, to be very suspicious of things that are not as described, i`m sure mark sold the disc in good faith, but john as you say does have a point imho :thumbsup:

I'm sure Marc sold this in good faith too and I'm sure he purchased it same as ,it's just the principle that if a buyer is not satisfied with their purchase then they should be entitled to a refund.John.

Social source share

i`m sure mark sold the disc in good faith, but john as you say does have a point imho :thumbsup:

I don't think the legal position about this is clear cut. If a seller makes an innocent mistake in a description, then the contract is void if the thing sold was substantially different, but if it was not substantially different then it would still be binding. In this case, I think the key issue would still be whether it was actually an original or not.

Having said that, good service would be to refund an unhappy customer, especially when the seller won't be incurring transaction costs.

It would be intersting to hear a clip of the record. By the time this has finished it will be the most well-authenticated original or most notorious counterfeit ever.

Alan

Social source share

No Chalky,you've missed the point here and to be fair to Marc it's only he who can explain his original advert "stamped original".

Marc had two for sale,this one and a white demo (I believe was actually a few quid cheaper),I wish I had opted for that and saved the hassle.

As I stated...it ain't about money and I'LL tell ya what,tomorrow I will return the record and it's Marc's choice whether he refunds the cash or replaces this test press with the other one or does nowt.John.

I agree with you that it is up to Marc to explain comments regarding the advert but like I said it doesn't make it a boot as you claim that is why I suggested an independent opinion from a well respected dealer as to it's authenticity in attempt to please both you and Marc? Hope you sort it amicably.

Social source share

havnt read the whole of this thread, ......but i can assure anyone who has got / or is thinking about purchasing a eddie daye test press that they are thr real deal, the test presses turned up in the late 90's....they are on styrene & have a big raised "x" stamped in the run out, from the same pressing plant as shrine, they are identical to the "shelley" issues of this 45, apart from the fact that they have a plain whit label

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert