Album V Single Track

The Tempest

Had a conversation with a mate at work who thought he'd pulled a fast one by buying the Jewel Akens album " Birds & Bees " for a couple of quid in a charity shop with " My First Lonely Night " on it . He was gutted when he played it at home to discover the album track is totally different to the single .

I had a similar experience a few years ago with the Bobby Freeman album " C'mon and Swim " for " I'll Never Fall in Love Again "

Anybody else thought they'd struck album gold only to discover the differences , or any other one's to avoid !!!

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Had a conversation with a mate at work who thought he'd pulled a fast one by buying the Jewel Akens album " Birds & Bees " for a couple of quid in a charity shop with " My First Lonely Night " on it . He was gutted when he played it at home to discover the album track is totally different to the single .

I had a similar experience a few years ago with the Bobby Freeman album " C'mon and Swim " for " I'll Never Fall in Love Again "

Anybody else thought they'd struck album gold only to discover the differences , or any other one's to avoid !!!

Funny you should say that as I was pretty disappointed with the Sly Stone version of "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" off one of Sly's early albums........

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

I found this out with the Donna Loren track "It only hurts when I cry" on the LP Beach Blanket Bingo it is totally different to the You Tube video, as far as I know there isn't a single. I realise that it's not a soul record but it's a nice pop track.

Regards

Alan

what about godess of love on ric tic brilliant then on motown album version poor imho :thumbsup:

Social source share

In a similar vein but with 45s, around 25 years ago I was dead pleased to find a copy of Damita Jo - Save the Last Dance on UK Mercury. Very disappointed when I got it home to find in wasn't same as Ranwood version.

Also, one has to be careful if buying the Velvets - Let the Fool Kiss you, 2 versions on Monument 45s.

Alan

Social source share

In a similar vein but with 45s, around 25 years ago I was dead pleased to find a copy of Damita Jo - Save the Last Dance on UK Mercury. Very disappointed when I got it home to find in wasn't same as Ranwood version.

Also, one has to be careful if buying the Velvets - Let the Fool Kiss you, 2 versions on Monument 45s.

Alan

The first release was mis-titled. Should have been titled 'Kiss' but somehow they messed up. The Velvets E.P has the title right.

Hey Diddy, I never knew the Fantastic Four l.p version of 'Godess Of Love' was different...I'll have to dig it out and give it a spin.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

what about godess of love on ric tic brilliant then on motown album version poor imho :D

Isn't The San Remo Golden Strings' "Festival Time" a different (and inferior) recording on Gordy than Ric-Tic? And why don't people seem to care? :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert