Seal Trbute

Guest little glyn

Guest little glyn

travelling home from work on wednesday i heard a song being aired on smooth fm sung by seal of a sam cooke recording what an excellent voice so much soul and feeling !!

however i did not catch the record title and wether it is a new release or already out on previous recordings can anyone help. :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Change is gonna come.

The album is just called Soul.

You tube link below

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrsMGf2Cqk

travelling home from work on wednesday i heard a song being aired on smooth fm sung by seal of a sam cooke recording what an excellent voice so much soul and feeling !!

however i did not catch the record title and wether it is a new release or already out on previous recordings can anyone help. :thumbup:

Edited by Tabs
Social source share

Guest andrew bin

never really liked Seal but thats lovely :thumbup:

Social source share

Released on 10-Nov (according to hmv.com). All well-known classics, I'm wondering whether to take a punt on this one - Seal has a more-than-decent voice, though I've heard none of these.

Should I buy or not?

• 1. Change Is Gonna Come
    2. I Can't Stand The Rain
    3. It's A Man's Man's Man's World
    4. Here I Am (Come And Take Me)
    5. I've Been Loving You Too Long
    6. It's Alright
    7. If You Don't Know Me By Now
    8. Knock On Wood
    9. I'm Still In Love With You
    10. Free
    11. Stand By Me
    12. People Get Ready

Social source share

Great version!

Have been playing it a lot on Radio 2 over the last couple of weeks or so - kept missing who it was, so now I know!

Social source share

gotta agree it s a good credible version but it's just lacking something in comparison to Sam Cooke's version, doesn't quite capture the mood. Apart from Sam's superior vocals the orchestration, strings etc give it that darker moodier feel. Still good though.

Yes good call Chalky..

The Seal track does lose it for me towards the end a little.... As a one off its quite fresh but don't think i would want to hear him do all them classics, maybe a little too much with regards to classic cover versions........

Social source share

Guest little glyn

gotta agree it s a good credible version but it's just lacking something in comparison to Sam Cooke's version, doesn't quite capture the mood. Apart from Sam's superior vocals the orchestration, strings etc give it that darker moodier feel. Still good though.

now i have heard the sam cooke version i will agree with what you have stated seal,s is now a fair attempt to copy an incredible version

however i never knew how many versions had been recorded good and bad !!

otis redding

luther vandross

aretha franklin

al green

patti labelle

prince buster ?

Social source share

Released on 10-Nov (according to hmv.com). All well-known classics, I'm wondering whether to take a punt on this one - Seal has a more-than-decent voice, though I've heard none of these.

Should I buy or not?

• 1. Change Is Gonna Come
    2. I Can't Stand The Rain
    3. It's A Man's Man's Man's World
    4. Here I Am (Come And Take Me)
    5. I've Been Loving You Too Long
    6. It's Alright
    7. If You Don't Know Me By Now
    8. Knock On Wood
    9. I'm Still In Love With You
    10. Free
    11. Stand By Me
    12. People Get Ready

I'm gonna give this one a whirl. I think Seal is a phenomenal vocalist and I've got pretty much everything he's ever done. I'm wondering if the "It's Alright" is a cover of Sterling Void.........?

Ian D :thumbup:

Social source share

real soul , Chalky , real soul ....

Social source share

real soul , Chalky , real soul ....

listened again and still say he does quite a credible job for the first part, but he starts to lose it second half and loses it altogether towards the end :thumbup: And you are right it does like the soul compared to Sam's version but then again I don't think he's making a statement like Sam Cooke, it's a record aimed at the charts.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

now i have heard the sam cooke version i will agree with what you have stated seal,s is now a fair attempt to copy an incredible version

however i never knew how many versions had been recorded good and bad !!

otis redding

luther vandross

aretha franklin

al green

patti labelle

prince buster ?

Add Jennifer Holliday to that list and this creditable version:

PAULA356-A.jpg

Plus there are several Jamaican versions too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert